Cell Phones are Now an Entitlement

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
SAFELINK WIRELESS®SAFELINK WIRELESS® service is U.S. government supported program for Income eligible households provided by TracFone Wireless, Inc. In order to participate in the SAFELINK WIRELESS® service, persons must meet certain eligibility requirements set by each State where the service is to be provided. These requirements are based on a person’s participation in a state or Federal support programs or by meeting the Income Poverty Guidelines as defined by the U.S. Government. SAFELINK WIRELESS® service is limited to one person per household.

TracFone Wireless believes that cell phone ownership is a right and an important tool for individual success in today's world. Everyone should have a cell phone without the need for a contract or a high credit rating. People should have the right to always know what their cell phone service will cost and no one should have to pay more than they want or can afford. TracFone Wireless believes in making the cost to own & maintain a cell phone as low as possible and TracFone Wireless never charges extra fees to activate your service.

https://www.safelinkwireless.com/EnrollmentPublic/about_us.aspx

Why do they stop here? How about tuxedos or handbags?

TracFone is a business of selling phones. What did you expect?

My mistake, I thought that you lefties speak English, and could put two and two together. I'll try to speak slowly and use small words: the gov-ern-ment is now paying for cell phone ser-vice. The sound you hear is our Founding Fathers spinning in their graves.

Is there no point at which you NEOCOMS will throw up your hands and say 'enough,' or in your case 'e-nuff', or, if you will allow me to mix metaphors, move back from the trough? Have you NO self-respect?

Last edited:
right! this is tracfone stating such....and of course they would!

TracFone Wireless believes that cell phone ownership is a right and an important tool for individual success in today's world. Everyone should have a cell phone without the need for a contract or a high credit rating. People should have the right to always know what their cell phone service will cost and no one should have to pay more than they want or can afford. TracFone Wireless believes in making the cost to own & maintain a cell phone as low as possible and TracFone Wireless never charges extra fees to activate your service.

TracFone Wireless is glad to lead the movement in the U.S. to make cell phone service available to everyone. TracFone Wireless invests hundreds of millions of dollars every year to reduce the prices of our cell phones and make them affordable for all.

How many senators do you suppose had to be paid off by SafeLink in order to get federal funding for the right to have a cell phone?

The right to have a cell phone?! Holy crap, what is next, the right to have a big screen TV? A new Lexus? How about the right of everyone to have an ipod?

sounds to me like the fed is paying for initial purchase of the tracfhone or the phone, and the people are paying their own minutes used....

you can get the phones and plan with minutes for about 25 bucks at sams club....

i don't know if the us gvt is going directly to tracfone and skipping the middle men costs or not, so it could be only a 10 buck investment for the gvt...

setting all that aside, i don't have a cell phone....it isn't a must have imo!!!!!

i seriously doubt obama put in this program this month, to head off you blaming him!!! ;)

care

How many senators do you suppose had to be paid off by SafeLink in order to get federal funding for the right to have a cell phone?

The right to have a cell phone?! Holy crap, what is next, the right to have a big screen TV? A new Lexus? How about the right of everyone to have an ipod?

look for the state it opperates out of, then you will find out who sponsored the bill....or snuck it in to another bill....

My greatest fear is that nobody had to be paid off: this is how they actually feel!

Did you notice who owns the WH and the Congress?

Is this what America voted for (excuse sentence ending with a preposition)?

SAFELINK WIRELESS® service is U.S. government supported program for Income eligible households provided by TracFone Wireless, Inc. In order to participate in the SAFELINK WIRELESS® service, persons must meet certain eligibility requirements set by each State where the service is to be provided. These requirements are based on a person’s participation in a state or Federal support programs or by meeting the Income Poverty Guidelines as defined by the U.S. Government. SAFELINK WIRELESS® service is limited to one person per household.

Its utterly fantastic that a liberal will automatically support a program if they think a Conservative doesn't support it....no matter what the program ...

Our tax dollars paying a dime for anybodys cellphone or cellphone service is freekin W R O N G !

This program was instituted around 2005 by the FCC and is partly funded by phone companys...that means paying customers....
they mean well, but its not a right to have cellphone service....

Last edited:
More fauxrage.
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) created the Lifeline program in 1984
and worked to update the service after the crises of Hurricanes Katrina and Ike,
as well as the tragedy of September 11th. At the dawn of the 21st century,
modern universal telephone service is necessary not only to ensure that the U.S.
maintains a rapid, efficient, nationwide communications network, it is important
for the purpose of national defense and to promote safety of life and property.
By approving the SafeLink Wireless program, the FCC took action to enhance its
Lifeline program and keep the right to communicate in pace with technology.
The Lifeline program is not funded from federal taxpayer dollars, but rather
from contributions to the USF by telecommunications carriers collected in part
from the Universal Service Charge billed to cell phone users.
TracFone Wireless Launches SafeLink Wireless to Aid Nearly 500,000 Low-Income Households in Georgia | Reuters

Why does PC support terrorism?

The Lifeline program is not funded from federal taxpayer dollars, but rather
from contributions to the USF by telecommunications carriers collected in part
from the Universal Service Charge billed to cell phone users.

"contributions"? Are these voluntary contributions, or are they involuntary (read: tax)? Am I or am I not being charged extra for my cell service so that someone else can have it for free?

SAFELINK WIRELESS®SAFELINK WIRELESS® service is U.S. government supported program for Income eligible households provided by TracFone Wireless, Inc.

TracFone Wireless believes that cell phone ownership is a right and an important tool for individual success in today's world.

Okay am I the only one who laughed outloud when reading this? I am having all sorts of visions of those soon to be "successful individuals" utilizing these cell phones.

Forum List

Back