Tax Day Tea Party

Populist revolt against the U.S. government is all the rage in the Republican Party, these days. As they tell the story, the public is so outraged by the recovery and reinvestment efforts of the Obama administration that Americans everywhere are turning out to overthrow the tyrannical king of the federal government by re-enacting the Boston Tea Party.

Funny thing, though: it turns out this whole "populist" movement was a planned PR stunt funded by big-money right-wing backers of the GOP who specialize in faking grassroots movements to drum up opposition to Barack Obama.

Right-Wing 'Tea Party' Movement Was Planned Months Ago by GOP Billionaires | Media and Technology | AlterNet

Yep, another party by people who believe that everyone else should pay for the infrastructure that we have built as a nation of citizens. Lazy parasites is too kind of a designation for these people.

:lol:

how many liberals gather together in mama's basement every night to dream this shit up... something in the kickapoojuice hey? :cuckoo: strange happenings where oh where is james carville when ya need him??

Seems the Tea Parties are resonating and causing discomfort for the left?

could be,, could be,, after all he's only been in power 60 days and spent more money per second than anyone in history and crashed the stockmarket the worst of any guy in 90 some odd years,, :lol: and he aint' even warmed up good yet..

As one of the ones helping with the local one... I can say the head guy here isn't a Republican. In fact the local Republicans are just getting word of this. The main swell of this is a grassroots type thing. We don't have funding for the site... All of us have put money into a bucket to get it done.

We are planning another one on the 4Th of July BTW.

Populist revolt against the U.S. government is all the rage in the Republican Party, these days. As they tell the story, the public is so outraged by the recovery and reinvestment efforts of the Obama administration that Americans everywhere are turning out to overthrow the tyrannical king of the federal government by re-enacting the Boston Tea Party.

Funny thing, though: it turns out this whole "populist" movement was a planned PR stunt funded by big-money right-wing backers of the GOP who specialize in faking grassroots movements to drum up opposition to Barack Obama.

Right-Wing 'Tea Party' Movement Was Planned Months Ago by GOP Billionaires | Media and Technology | AlterNet

Dude, I don't need some journalists to tell me this was concocted by rightwing billionaires. :lol: Grass roots movement? :lol:

The only thing the grassroots in the rightwing is good at protesting in any significant and sustained way is Women's choice, and anything with racial overtones....like the anti-mexican migrant worker protests. I'll give them props, those were true populist grass roots movements that that tap into the core of the rightwing grass roots.

Protesting infrastructure, medicaid, and protesting raising the capital gains tax on behalf of the affluent? :lol: Yeah, it is funny!

Dude, I don't need some journalists to tell me this was concocted by rightwing billionaires. :lol: Grass roots movement? :lol:

The only thing the grassroots in the rightwing is good at protesting in any significant and sustained way is Women's choice, and anything with racial overtones....like the anti-mexican migrant worker protests. I'll give them props, those were true populist grass roots movements that that tap into the core of the rightwing grass roots.

Protesting infrastructure, medicaid, and protesting raising the capital gains tax on behalf of the affluent? :lol: Yeah, it is funny!
Why? Because it's been so successful? You're threatened with the Obama agenda?

Why? Because it's been so successful? You're threatened with the Obama agenda?
red dawn is just another of the many morons posting here

The GOP has always been effective at whipping up deluded people so this doesn't surprise me. It's pretty impressive, actually...they've managed to get a group of people protesting something no one actually understands, therefore solidifying their base once again. It would be nice if they'd use their energy for good instead.

The GOP has always been effective at whipping up deluded people so this doesn't surprise me. It's pretty impressive, actually...they've managed to get a group of people protesting something no one actually understands, therefore solidifying their base once again. It would be nice if they'd use their energy for good instead.

That the wingnuts of the left misunderstand the vast middle of conservatives is no more surprising than the wingnuts on the right, misunderstanding the majority of liberals. Wingnuts though do understand fellow wingnuts, regardless of stripes. Sort of like our two parties, birds of a feather.

As for 'the billionaires...' Playboy took down the article after this post went viral. Lots of links with the problems; not that it will stop any wingnut from using it over and over. Just like Lancet study. :rolleyes: :

Instapundit » Blog Archive » RICK MORAN THINKS THE “TEA PARTY” PROTESTS are amateurish and disorganized. At Playboy, on the other…

FEBRUARY 28, 2009
RICK MORAN THINKS THE “TEA PARTY” PROTESTS are amateurish and disorganized. At Playboy, on the other hand, they think they’re suspiciously well-coordinated. Both are right!

Of course they’re amateurish. Most of these people have never organized a protest before (hence the tendency to do things like forget bullhorns). That’s what you get at the beginning of a movement. But it’s much bigger news when 200 people with jobs who’ve never protested turn out, than when 20,000 of the usual suspects organized by ACORN or ANSWER march with preprinted signs. If this keeps up (and I think it just might) the amateurishness will fade away soon enough. Then Moran will probably complain about the loss of authenticity.

The Playboy folks, meanwhile, miss two things. One is that, as reader Miles Wilson noted, these protests predate Santelli. The other is that modern technology allows a bunch of people who don’t know each other to coordinate a nationwide campaign “suspiciously” well. Somebody should write a book on that subject some day.

UPDATE: Some related thoughts here.

ANOTHER UPDATE: Reader Robert Crawford writes: “I get the feeling that if the tea parties were organized by a group as far-right as ANSWER is far-left, *THAT* would be the major story.”

Posted at by Glenn Reynolds at 10:47 pm

Okay, read the story lot's innuendos and assumptions almost none of which is substantiated within the story by anything. I fully expect,of course, that any time the 'people', in whose name the leftist drones presume to speak, and over whom they wish to exercise authority, take exception to said authority being exercised that said leftist drones will automatically suspect it is some sort of Orwellian plot by a few counter revolutionaries. It is interesting to note that from the time Lenin first took over Russia and it became the USSR to the point that odious regime finally collapsed 70 years later the number of dead counter revolutionaries likely exceeded 50 million.

Last edited:

could be,, could be,, after all he's only been in power 60 days and spent more money per second than anyone in history and crashed the stockmarket the worst of any guy in 90 some odd years,, :lol: and he aint' even warmed up good yet..

oh, but you know that's a LIE willow....the stock market crashed under BUSH....it was over 14k in june 2007, by september 2008, it was about 8000

Forum List

Back