Tax cuts

buckeye45_73

Lakhota's my *****
Jun 4, 2011
Hollywood Continues to Flee California at Alarming Rate | Variety

Funny how Hollywood likes them if they are for them, and weird how they want to leave California, I wonder why???? hmmmmmm

Steve Dayan, who serves as vice chairman of the state film commission and secretary-treasurer of Local 399 of the Intl. Brotherhood of Teamsters, spoke at the Feb. 22 labor rally, promising his union would be willing to repeat its 1999 action of encircling the State Capitol in Sacramento with 200 Teamster trucks — a tactic used to campaign for incentives. “We are not going to let other states poach our jobs,” he said, evoking loud applause from the 700-plus attendees.

typical labor response......they have no clue....

but wait, here's an answer....

Dayan admits that producers have been substituting locations for as long as films have been shot. “Downtown L.A. has been used for New York City many times,” he said. But he noted that production costs on big features are now so high that it’s impossible for producers to shoot in town

Dam...production costs are too high....hmmmmmmmm

As if he has the power to stop the mass exodus... He can't tell people they can't leave California for better quarry. Hell, the film industry here in Georgia is booming. Over the past few years there have been so good movies shot all around the state, including my hometown.

Forum List

Back