tax caveat

Skull Pilot

Diamond Member
Nov 17, 2007
for all of you who think your leader of hops and stimuli is doing you a favor by so graciously allowing you to keep an extra 8 dollars a week in your pay, here's a little reality for you.

If you do not regularly get a large income tax return, you better hang on to that extra few bucks. Because as i have told you before a tax rebate without a corresponding cut in tax rates is no tax break at all.

What you all will find out is that next year you very well may have underpaid your federal tax obligation because of that $8 a week "tax break"

So take that extra and stash it away until the tax man comes next year.

for all of you who think your leader of hops and stimuli is doing you a favor by so graciously allowing you to keep an extra 8 dollars a week in your pay, here's a little reality for you.

If you do not regularly get a large income tax return, you better hang on to that extra few bucks. Because as i have told you before a tax rebate without a corresponding cut in tax rates is no tax break at all.

What you all will find out is that next year you very well may have underpaid your federal tax obligation because of that $8 a week "tax break"

Could you link to this? The tax cut was figured into the tax tables...it lowered everyone's income tax deduction as far as I can tell and it isn't a tax rebate.

Could you link to this? The tax cut was figured into the tax tables...it lowered everyone's income tax deduction as far as I can tell and it isn't a tax rebate.

no link, my accountant explained it to me.

And again, this is NOT a tax cut as the rate you pay will be the same, the government is just withholding less the way i understand it.

And I might be mistaken. I think ravi is right. But nevertheless, at least for me, that whopping 13 a week does me no good. I'm still writing a check for 15 grand..... Some tax break for small businesses

Last edited:

no link, my accountant explained it to me.

And again, this is NOT a tax cut as the rate you pay will be the same, the government is just withholding less the way i understand it.

And I might be mistaken. I think ravi is right. But nevertheless, at least for me, that whopping 13 a week does me no good. I'm still writing a check for 15 grand..... Some tax break for small businesses
Well...I don't think it was meant to be a tax break for small business. It was meant to be for the workers. Hey, if you pay yourself more you'll get a larger tax break...mine is about $20 per week. ;)

Forum List

Back