Tancredo 4 President

Too bad Tancredo seems uninterested in running. Why not? Americans are pissed about out-of-control immigration. He'd get a lot of support from actual conservatives. That is, as distinct from neoconservatives.

I'm not bothered by the deal Bush has worked out on Mexican immigration. He has my vote on that one. :thup:

But not even the usual pro-Bush idiots are on board for this one. America's already been destroyed by immigration, why keep pumping bullets into the corpse? It's sick.

You said it; [illegal] immigration is out of control. Therefore we need to encourage immigration through legal means, and make it harder for businesses to employ migrants for less than minimum wage. The illegals are being offered a six month worker's visa, not citizenship. I think putting up a barrier or having armed gaurds is a horrible idea of a bitter necessity, that will only perpetuate ethnic animosity between the united states and mexico.

One question I have: are the migrant workers to receive the same wage protection as u.s. citizens? I think that would level the playing field. If not then I do question the proprosal.

Originally posted by nbdysfu
You said it; [illegal] immigration is out of control. Therefore we need to encourage immigration through legal means, and make it harder for businesses to employ migrants for less than minimum wage. The illegals are being offered a six month worker's visa, not citizenship. I think putting up a barrier or having armed gaurds is a horrible idea of a bitter necessity, that will only perpetuate ethnic animosity between the united states and mexico.

One question I have: are the migrant workers to receive the same wage protection as u.s. citizens? I think that would level the playing field. If not then I do question the proprosal.

What you want to do here, will just incourage more illegal aliens to come here, what are you going to do to stop more from coming.

Originally posted by jon_forward
we are a nation made up of imigrants, melting pot of the world. why close the gates now...what are you scared of.

Your for illegal immigration? you are a fine American.

"we are a nation made up of imigrants, melting pot of the world. why close the gates now...what are you scared of."

Losing my country. Why? What are you scared of?

we are a nation made up of imigrants, melting pot of the world. why close the gates now...what are you scared of.
Jon

I have no problem with immigration, do have a problem with GW's amnesty. Those that don't qualify won't sign up and some of those that do, still won't since there's no guarantees for green card or more extension. Bad deal all around.

We should enforce our laws, that's all it would take. Close the borders to illegals. Deport illegals when in contact. Up Mexican immigration, with that I'd be fine.

Still, I will vote for GW, because the alternatives are worse by far.

save for native americans our forefathers were all at one time imigrants, are you to say that after you were allowed in that the gates need to be shut??? I feel that the Imigrants[legal] have just as much right to be here as you or I do. just a few generations ago these same people you so despise could have been your family migrating to a better way of life. you dont get it at all do you? the reason we are such a great nation is due in no small part to these Imigrants, hows push and drive have made US what we are... :cof:

Jon, was that to me? I have no problem with immigrants, as long as they are in the quotas.

not towards you kathianne, I also have no problem with imigrants... Big D keeps putting words in my statements... big differance between legal and Illegal..... I thought people like him were only in the movies....ie..not for real

Unfortunately he seems not to be alone. Damn they are making me sound like a liberal, which I guess I am in the progressive meaning of 'liberal'.

if being liberal is letting another humanbeing have a chance at a better life while at the same time enriching those around them then I be guilty as charged:)

Forum List

Back