Tampa televangelist compares Romney to Satan

What? You don't think so? Jesus was an Essene... an ascetic Jew. Even your gospels say that his body was attended by his mother and magdalen. Under Jewish law the only females allowed to attend his body are a mother or wife.

I am quite well aware that the Catholic and early church decided what was and was not in the Bible and that it is "possible" he was married. But I find it unlikely since there is NO record of it, even amongst the separate sects at the time. I seriously doubt his marriage was just "forgotten" and I see little point to denying he WAS married if he were.

All this is is a revisionist attempt by some to claim problems with the records of the Church and cause dissent. It ranks up there with " Jesus never existed" and " we have no proof he was born from a virgin".

Feel free to believe it, but don't think it is somehow true just cause you say so.

I am quite well aware that the Catholic and early church decided what was and was not in the Bible and that it is "possible" he was married. But I find it unlikely since there is NO record of it, even amongst the separate sects at the time. I seriously doubt his marriage was just "forgotten" and I see little point to denying he WAS married if he were.

All this is is a revisionist attempt by some to claim problems with the records of the Church and cause dissent. It ranks up there with " Jesus never existed" and " we have no proof he was born from a virgin".

Feel free to believe it, but don't think it is somehow true just cause you say so.

First, let me say that I mean no offense. I understand religious beliefs are held tight and I respect belief.

As for revisionism and a claim of problems with church records. I am not a Christian and don't really care about church records. What I know is it would have been unheard of for a 33 year old orthodox Jew of the day to be unmarried because it was the father's obligation to see that his son was married. Not being married, in fact, would have been noteworthy. Although, we also know that there were certain Essenes who believed in being chaste. However, there was Peter's anger at Jesus putting her before the 12. But mostly, they would not have violated Jewish law by allowing a woman not his wife to attend the body. It would have been considered immodest and sinful.

I don't say it's truth because I say so. I think it is what seems most likely given the circumstances at hand.

Well except for the whole "virgin birth" and some kind of understanding by his family that he was not Joe normal Jewish boy. Again it is simply inconsistant with all the church says and scriptures and what was written about him, that they would "forget" to mention a marriage. And that the sects that existed before the Catholic Church had nothing to say about it.

In the end it really doesn't matter though. Married or not is unimportant. Did they forget to mention any children also?

Forum List

Back