Tampa televangelist compares Romney to Satan

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Shogun, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    By Alan Cooperman
    Washington Post
    Posted June 1 2007, 10:44 AM EDT

WASHINGTON _ Florida evangelist Bill Keller says he was making a spiritual -- not political -- statement when he warned the 2.4 million subscribers to his Internet prayer ministry that ``if you vote for Mitt Romney, you are voting for Satan!''

But the Washington-based advocacy group Americans United for Separation of Church and State says the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) should revoke the 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status of Bill Keller Ministries, nonetheless.

called Romney ``an unabashed and proud member of the Mormon cult founded by a murdering polygamist pedophile named Joseph Smith nearly 200 years ago.

'' If the former Massachusetts governor wins the GOP nomination and the presidency, Keller's message added, it will ``ultimately lead millions of souls to the eternal flames of hell.''

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/lo...aint,0,1736460.story?coll=sfla-home-headlines

Would any of the right wingers on board like to applaud the defense of ole Mitt? Maybe give LIBERALS a breather for a second or two?

2. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,103
    While I will not cast a vote for Romney, I do believe that Keller, if he continues to espouse these points of view, should lose his tax-exempt status post haste.

Oh...wait...you wanted right wingers. While I do tend to lean right, I do not believe I lean far enough right to meet the qualifications necessary to be called a "right winger."

3. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    im hoping that people like RSR might stop on by and step back into the realm of credibility by acknowldging somthing beyond "LIBERALS DID IT"...

Heres another fun one...

Al Gore against any attempt to impeach Bush

"With a year and a half to go in his term and with no consensus in the nation as a whole to support such a proposition, any realistic analysis of that as a policy option would lead one to question the allocation of time and resources," Gore said during an interview with PBS.

Pressed on whether he believed that impeachment is a good use of time, Gore replied, "I don't think it is. I don't think it would be successful."

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1100316

4. hjmick

hjmick Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,103
    I saw that article as well. After reading it I had to wonder if he would feel the same way if there were three years left in Bush's term?

5. Superlative

Superlative Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +109
  6. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Romney's just a political wind-sock...Not in the same class as Satan at all. More like a walking poster-child for the banality of evil.

7. actsnoblemartin

actsnoblemartin I love Andrea & April

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    lets not forget al sharptons comments lol :p

8. Chips Rafferty

Chips Rafferty Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Obviously Keller, and the coven of Christian hate he leads, feel the same way about all Beelzebub-proof BVD wearers, including RetiredGySgt.

So much for Christian ecumenism. So much for brotherly love - although we know Jesus meant to love his Jewish brothers only.

As they say in A.A., new groups, i.e. sects, are started on a resentment and a new coffee pot. Fuck me, why does the Bible inspire so many resentments in Umerika! :shock:

The point is, which one of the thousands of hysterically resentful Seppo sects would Christ see as Kosher?

I’ve no doubt that the fictitious Christ wouldn’t piss on the self-serving, ever equivocating “Christians” on this board - who believe solely because of social reasons and to "save" their own mortal arse - if they were on fire.

Only a self-deluding fool, or someone who thought he could pull the wool over The Lambs eyes, could fail to see that He absolutely DESPISED the daily hypocrisy exhibited by his fair-weather followers here.

9. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,153
    Apparently Keller is running into some IRS problems now that he has potentially entered into the arena of politics.

10. Bullypulpit

Bullypulpit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +379
    Keller is like all the others of his ilk...Leaders of cults of personality rather than true ministers. In making the fundamental choice to worship God or Mammon, they chose the latter.