Talkfest 10': who really tried to compromise

I'm going to assume you're not being a Republitard and you are honestly answering that question.

How was he bipartiasan?

1. he gave equal talking time to Republicans
2. when McCain and Cantor both tried to attack him personally, he tried to bring things back to issues - so that it wasn't a tit for tat
3. he, as opposed to others, didn't make personal attacks on other members of Congress
4. he tried to build the discussion off of areas common to both sides (like the list of republican ideas Biden reminded people about that were already in the bill)

1. Obama 119 minutes; Democrats 114 minutes; Republicans 110 minutes
That is nowhere near equal time. Obama clearly had taken a position on the issue. It's worse than merely disingenuous to act like he didn't.
2. Neither McCain nor Cantor "attacked" anyone personally.
3. While snarky remarks, like "the election is over" and accusations of using talkingpoints and props aren't necessarily "personal attacks", they are certainly ill-mannered, petulent, and not conducive to productive bipartisanship.
4. Obama's "transparent" maneuver to force admissions of agreement was for the sole purpose of using it to ram his bill down through reconciliation. Sorry, but Republicans didn't just fall off the turnip truck. :rolleyes:
There are issues upon which consensus could be built... in an honest effort. This was by no means an honest effort. If it was, he would have pulled reconciliation off the table and started from scratch.

I could go on and on.....
By all means.... thrill us.

Republicans tried to start over with a new bill when only 20% was in contest and the Dems were willing to work together on the other 20%.

And you wonder why the Dems are going to ram it through???? Because Republicans dont want to play ball. They want to delay and kill the whole idea.

Remember just a few months back when Republicans didn't even want the issue to get brought up? Now, finally, they realize they look idiotic for not wanting to work on this...

so the new tactic is to fake interest, but attempt to delay.

So fucking typical.

There's no 80% consensus. That's a Democrat meme that's been cooked up over the last couple of weeks. Republicans have had healthcare plans all along. And the differences between them are substantive. It's not enough to say, "We all want affordable healthcare, hence we are in agreement". It's not enough to say, "We want a solution to the problem of pre-existing conditions, therefore we're all on the same page". To agree on what the problem IS... doesn't necessarily mean we agree on how to solve it.

Hell, they had one Democrat gasbag trying to tell us that their "exchange" system was the same thing as group purchasing pools. :eek:
Ummm... one of those things requires insurance companies to comply with government "quality standards" and serves as the default choice for employers who don't line up their own government-approved, mandated health insurance, and the other is a private association that people and businesses enter into freely with the insurance company of their choice for the policies of their choice.

Not the same. Not even close to the same

Last edited:
Yurt would call this a partisan hack statement if it went the other way. But he won't call this one a partisan hack statement because he is a partisan hack. Yurt has discovered the second level of partisan hack! The Universe just ended.

Im fairly certain the Universe is continuing without any disruptions. I submit the fact that Im posting as evidence of such.

Now will you please explain, as youve been asked to multiple times, how Obama was bipartisan in any way?

I'm going to assume you're not being a Republitard and you are honestly answering that question.

How was he bipartiasan?

2. when McCain and Cantor both tried to attack him personally, he tried to bring things back to issues - so that it wasn't a tit for tat
3. he, as opposed to others, didn't make personal attacks on other members of Congress
4. he tried to build the discussion off of areas common to both sides (like the list of republican ideas Biden reminded people about that were already in the bill)

I could go on and on.....

Republicans tried to start over with a new bill when only 20% was in contest and the Dems were willing to work together on the other 20%.

And you wonder why the Dems are going to ram it through???? Because Republicans dont want to play ball. They want to delay and kill the whole idea.

Remember just a few months back when Republicans didn't even want the issue to get brought up? Now, finally, they realize they look idiotic for not wanting to work on this...

So fucking typical.

Did you watch the same thing I watched today? Sheesh
This was a partisan "gathering" at the Blair House today, make no mistake about that. But, as far as time goes, the dems had a monumental advantage. barry showed his bias in a major way, and I didn't see the attacks that you mentioned from Cantor, and McCain. Please show us video of what your talking about.

Personally I think the extra time for the democrats did work to the benefit for the republicans. just sayin....

And you wonder why people call you an asshole.

I'd add stupid to asshole, because you're exactly right.

hahah look at this man try to tout his rep power when he negged me. You remind me of asian kids on xbox live.

You forgot to mention you negged me first dumbass. You certainly have earned the label STUPID, and in a very short time here, cherry.

So get the fuck over it and quit your whining, or go back to where ever you got banned from.

The bill is pretty damn long but there is not way scrapping a years worth of debate will help. Maybe if they kept the stronger elements of the bill that most agree on and filled in the gaps from there the last year wouldn't have been a complete congressional waste of time..

I'd add stupid to asshole, because you're exactly right.

hahah look at this man try to tout his rep power when he negged me. You remind me of asian kids on xbox live.

You forgot to mention you negged me first dumbass. You certainly have earned the label STUPID, and in a very short time here, cherry.

So get the fuck over it and quit your whining, or go back to where ever you got banned from.

Lol

"But you can't provide a single instance of the dems doing such. " I can see how that is specific to Obama.

Like I said, watch the replay with an open mind. You'll see that he gets visibly frustrated with the way both sides act, as he tries to unite them on things they agree on.

like i said...i meant obama and i clarified my question further....

its obvious why you can't answer the question, because apparently it simply is not true. you're just a partisan hack. if you weren't, you wouldn't have jumped on this thread and slammed only the repubs, only to later, when questioned, slam the dems.....but....you held up obama and you can't even explain why, you can't even give one example.

thats hack behavior dude.

i was really hoping this thread would not be just hack behavior. i really want to know the true compromise from both sides. if you can't answer it, don't make bullshit claims you can't back up. simple as that.

Ugh it's like your sticking with the same incorrect assumption. I hate having to defend myself against lies.

"if you weren't, you wouldn't have jumped on this thread and slammed only the repubs, only to later, when questioned, slam the dems"
If I slammed them in the first response, how did it occur later? Failure #1

this of course is a lie...your first post in this thread and its obvious you never mentioned dems:

Basically the Republicans repeated the same speech over and over again: "Scrap the current bill because it's too long for us to read and we'll debate for another year" Not the kind of bipartisanship Obama hoped to get out of the meeting.
Now we know all the points that are disagreed upon and agreed upon. That's about it.

wow, proving your lies is rather easy....

"you held up obama and you can't even explain why, you can't even give one example."
I felt Obama made the greatest bipartisan effort out of anyone there. It seems like you didn't watch it, and are making desperate attempts to attack him. Failure #2

yet you can't give one example. you can't even give an example of one single issue he would compromise on, yet you claim he is the most bi partisan. people that can't even give an example are either 1) lying; or 2) such hacks they can't see the truth and because there is no truth to their political belief of what actually occurred, they of course can't even give ONE example.

i was really hoping this thread would not be just hack behavior. i really want to know the true compromise from both sides. if you can't answer it, don't make bullshit claims you can't back up. simple as that.
I can state my opinion. See you how stated yours without backing it up? Failure #3

what statement did i make by not backing it up? more lies. you did not back your statement up, that is a fact.

Also, "Like I said, watch the replay with an open mind. You'll see that he gets visibly frustrated with the way both sides act, as he tries to unite them on things they agree on." Failure #4

once again, this nebulous watch the whole thing....i've read his words and saw some of his actions...he was no bi partisan, he often interrupted repubs and he did so on a scale far greater than he did not dems. that is a fact. he did not compromise one single thing, yet he whined about republicans not compromising. obama is a hack like you.

how embarrassing for you, all your claims about my purported failures are actually your failures.

this was actually too easy, its no wonder you considered a troll

Yurt you are welcome to your opinions. Thank you.

lol...got busted with the truth and somehow the truth becomes "opinions"

don't you hate it when your own words convict you?

thank for admitting that you have no defense to your lies and your failures, this was very smart of you, because i don't think you could have taken another beating....

lol...got busted with the truth and somehow the truth becomes "opinions"

don't you hate it when your own words convict you?

thank for admitting that you have no defense to your lies and your failures, this was very smart of you, because i don't think you could have taken another beating....

claim: i mentioned dems in my first post

reality: no you did not

and that is an opinion :lol:

hacks are funny are sometimes, thanks!

Back to the topic hack.

"The bill is pretty damn long but there is not way scrapping a years worth of debate will help. Maybe if they kept the stronger elements of the bill that most agree on and filled in the gaps from there the last year wouldn't have been a complete congressional waste of time.."

LOL...you make a long winded post to try and show my failures and then when you get busted in lies and shown you're the failure....

its time to get back to the topic :lol:

LOL...you make a long winded post to try and show my failures and then when you get busted in lies and shown you're the failure....

its time to get back to the topic :lol:

Do you have an off button? Are you on repeat? You can repeat it all you want it doesn't make it any more true.

Basically the Republicans repeated the same speech over and over again: "Scrap the current bill because it's too long for us to read and we'll debate for another year" Not the kind of bipartisanship Obama hoped to get out of the meeting.
Now we know all the points that are disagreed upon and agreed upon. That's about it.

sboyle: i slammed dems in my first response. ^ first response ^

:lol:

sboyle: i slammed dems in my first response. ^ first response ^

:lol:

I referred to the wrong response then. My bad. Let's move on now k?

What a dog and pony show.

I watched bits and peices of it. I did see Obama tell McCain that the campaign was over. MaCain didn't say anything to warrant that at all. In fact, someone should tell Barry Boy that the campaign is over.

I also watched Paul Ryan pick apart the numbers on the bill. If this thing passes it will cost trillions. Obama tried to shut him up also. I don't think they want to bi-partisan anything. I think this was just a big PR stunt for the Obamalama crew.

All in all from what I saw it was a complete waste of time. They probably got a good lunch out of it though.

Yurt would call this a partisan hack statement if it went the other way. But he won't call this one a partisan hack statement because he is a partisan hack. Yurt has discovered the second level of partisan hack! The Universe just ended.

Im fairly certain the Universe is continuing without any disruptions. I submit the fact that Im posting as evidence of such.

Now will you please explain, as youve been asked to multiple times, how Obama was bipartisan in any way?

How was he bipartiasan?

Yes, he was carefule about this, but that is more in the realm of robert's rules of orber than bipartisanship
2. when McCain and Cantor both tried to attack him personally, he tried to bring things back to issues - so that it wasn't a tit for tatHe was the first to attack mcCain, not the other way around. When McCain was making a legitimate point, Obama interupted him, saying "the election is over john". Didn't play out well with people in my town, as i talked to a bunch last night that watched it, and is in no way bipartisan.
3. he, as opposed to others, didn't make personal attacks on other members of Congresssee above, oboma was the first to do it, and he continued.
It was interseting to hear Obama say that he had been looking at the republican plan for the past 6 months or so, putting the repeated statements by him and other democrats that the republicans have no plan into the lie catagorey. That was bipartisan in that respect, but when call on it by Sen Alexander, Obama would simply not address it, saying,"you have your ideas and I have mine"
I could go on and on.....And if you did you would still be nothing more than a partisan shill, just like MSNBC.

Republicans tried to start over with a new bill when only 20% was in contest and the Dems were willing to work together on the other 20%.Some, not all, but some republicans are opposed to the basic idea in this bill. So 100% is "in contest". Just because you say it doesn't make it so.

I have encouraged the democrats, here and in letters and emails to "ram it through". I believe that would do more to unite this country that anything they have done thus far. However; making it sound like a threat is more shilling, not expressing an opinion, but 'shilling'.
here is the oft repeated partisan lie, the republicans TRIED to bring their ideas to the table, but since the democrats are in control of both houses, niether pelosi or ried would grant them time to present them, thereby refusing to hear them. They, and thier partisan shills(like you) then proceeded to make the claims thatthe repiblicans had no ideas, and that they did not want to debate healthcare, both democrat partisan lies
This meeting was democrat run, democrat arranged, and only set up to provide cover for democrats in the coming election to say "we tried". It looked to me like they did not forsee that replublicans would be so well prepared. Additionally, it is very clear why they wanted closed door sessions in the past. They seeem to be used to releaseing a press statement to sum it up, and having the party faithful trolls, like you, repeat that statement ad infinitum.
So fucking typical.
Actually what is typical is the democratic side accusing others thatthey disagree with of doing the very thing that the democrats are doing. Just like you have done in this thread, on this board. I offer both your posts, and my responses in evidence of MY statement that you are nothing more than a partisan troll, as well as a democratic shill. Did you watch this clown theater? There were high points, such as the competeing sob stories from the democrats in attendance. The best was the woman who had to wear her sisters teeth.Another great part was when Reid blurted out his now-famous lie "nobody is talking about reconciliation!". Too funny!But for the most part, it was theater, arranged by the democrats for their purposes. The problem seems to be that it did not go as planned, and the American people were watching.

Last edited:
Ok. Let's take this step by step.

1. You're being disingenuous. If he HADN'T been even-handed you'd have screamed bloody murder - proving (though you attempt to downplay it) that he didn't run roughshod over the meeting and gave the other side a chance to speak.

This isn't just parliamentary rules, it was an honest man trying to get something done...and knowing that he'd have to let the other side do more than say their peace...but really get something done.

2. McCain first? Uhm you need to read the transcript buddy. What do you think Obama was responding to when he said that? He was responding to McCain trying to stick Obama with a sound bite about the election.

If you wouldn't stick your head in the sand and put your fingers in your ears....you'd remember that he said "I dont want Fox News to put us side by side on the screen and have us going at each other" ... THATS BIPARTISAN. He didn't want it to be a bicker-fest.

3. Your "see above" is pretty weak. Already killed that. Might want to post something else.

4. Your side seems to forget about all the Republican points that are IN THE DAMN BILL! There's already commonality there...why scrap it when you can work from where you agree. And that's just another point about how Obama was bipartisan...he said there are points where we all agree...there are points where we dont...lets keep the agreement parts and work on the non-agreement parts.

But instead Republitards can't even do that. They want to start over.

Now, to your point that there's a fundamental disagreement about the theory behind the bill. You're just repeating Cantor's talking points...so it's easy just for me to use Obama's words to slap you down just like he slapped Cantor down.

If you fundamentally disagree...say with the role of government...then why even show up? You agree that SOME law is required...so stop with the "limited role of government" bullshit. The FDA examples really shut Cantor up.

5. Your comment that Republicans tried early on. Sure, some of them put forth plans...AND THEY WERE INCORPORATED into Obama's work. Not 100%...because that's not what compromise is...but there are MULTIPLE MULTIPLE Republican ideas that Dems agree to. But you wont even admit that!!!!!!!!

I dare you...post as many points of commonality as you can....work WITH us instead of against us...for one brief shining moment. I double dog dare you. Of course I know you wont. You'll go back to your big government argument and wont try to work together at all.

This forum isn't conducive to anyone with differing opinions working anything out so I'm not hoping for much. It's just "I'll post my crap. You post yours." but it is fun letting you know that the Republitard bullshit is easily seen through.

Forum List

Back