Talkfest 10': who really tried to compromise

I think his true colors was showing again
Turn on some of the news shows and check the net comments, its heavily anti-Obama, comments such as 'arrogant' and 'dog & pony show' dominate.

I watched his arrogance for about an hour, I knew it was a just another nail in his political coffin. I hope I was clear in my comments, that I too saw it as a dog and pony show on his part. A massive waste of air space. Disgusting

his arrogance is off putting

i meant obama....you said he was bipartisan...show me

and give me an example on what he is willing to compromise on....you claim the repubs won't compromise.....so.....what is obama (because apparently you don't believe the dems are going to compromise either) going to compromise on?

list one thing, two if you can....

the dems are already hitting the airwaves whining about how the repubs won't cross the bridge, yet they haven't explained how they are going to cross the bridge. honestly, i believe this is going to piss americans off more than if obama hadn't had this so called summit.

at first it looked good, but it is seemingly becoming nothing but a political circus....how sad, given how important the issue is.

"But you can't provide a single instance of the dems doing such. " I can see how that is specific to Obama.

Like I said, watch the replay with an open mind. You'll see that he gets visibly frustrated with the way both sides act, as he tries to unite them on things they agree on.

like i said...i meant obama and i clarified my question further....

its obvious why you can't answer the question, because apparently it simply is not true. you're just a partisan hack. if you weren't, you wouldn't have jumped on this thread and slammed only the repubs, only to later, when questioned, slam the dems.....but....you held up obama and you can't even explain why, you can't even give one example.

thats hack behavior dude.

i was really hoping this thread would not be just hack behavior. i really want to know the true compromise from both sides. if you can't answer it, don't make bullshit claims you can't back up. simple as that.

Ugh it's like your sticking with the same incorrect assumption. I hate having to defend myself against lies.

"if you weren't, you wouldn't have jumped on this thread and slammed only the repubs, only to later, when questioned, slam the dems"
If I slammed them in the first response, how did it occur later? Failure #1

"you held up obama and you can't even explain why, you can't even give one example."
I felt Obama made the greatest bipartisan effort out of anyone there. It seems like you didn't watch it, and are making desperate attempts to attack him. Failure #2

i was really hoping this thread would not be just hack behavior. i really want to know the true compromise from both sides. if you can't answer it, don't make bullshit claims you can't back up. simple as that.
I can state my opinion. See you how stated yours without backing it up? Failure #3
Also, "Like I said, watch the replay with an open mind. You'll see that he gets visibly frustrated with the way both sides act, as he tries to unite them on things they agree on." Failure #4

Ignoring my statements and repeating your own is a pretty silly little game to play now isn't it?

and give me an example on what he is willing to compromise on....you claim the repubs won't compromise.....so.....what is obama (because apparently you don't believe the dems are going to compromise either) going to compromise on?

the dems are already hitting the airwaves whining about how the repubs won't cross the bridge, yet they haven't explained how they are going to cross the bridge. honestly, i believe this is going to piss americans off more than if obama hadn't had this so called summit.

at first it looked good, but it is seemingly becoming nothing but a political circus....how sad, given how important the issue is.

Please don't hold your breath while awaiting an answer, Yurt. We should hate to lose you. :lol:

Bottom line... this was just the lead-up to a reconciliation attempt. That is IF they can come up with the votes, which is doubtful.

The Dems wore their own "Party of No" hat home tonight. Republicans brought ideas, specifics, facts and figures, an eager work ethic... and Obama and his band of witless lumps could only respond with 'no'. :rolleyes:
They offered NOTHING new. They refused to budge an inch. All we got from them was an endless litany of sob-stories.

Obama summed the purpose of the day up quite clearly at the end by issuing an ultimatum. Either Republicans get on board or else. He proved in those last few minutes that he never had any intention of making a bipartisan effort.

Not that anybody who's paying attention could have ever thought he would. :lol:

Please don't hold your breath while awaiting an answer, Yurt. We should hate to lose you. :lol:

Bottom line... this was just the lead-up to a reconciliation attempt. That is IF they can come up with the votes, which is doubtful.

The Dems wore their own "Party of No" hat home tonight. Republicans brought ideas, specifics, facts and figures, an eager work ethic... and Obama and his band of witless lumps could only respond with 'no'. :rolleyes:
They offered NOTHING new. They refused to budge an inch. All we got from them was an endless litany of sob-stories.

Obama summed the purpose of the day up quite clearly at the end by issuing an ultimatum. Either Republicans get on board or else. He proved in those last few minutes that he never had any intention of making a bipartisan effort.

Not that anybody who's paying attention could have ever thought he would. :lol:

Yurt would call this a partisan hack statement if it went the other way. But he won't call this one a partisan hack statement because he is a partisan hack. Yurt has discovered the second level of partisan hack! The Universe just ended.

"But you can't provide a single instance of the dems doing such. " I can see how that is specific to Obama.

Like I said, watch the replay with an open mind. You'll see that he gets visibly frustrated with the way both sides act, as he tries to unite them on things they agree on.

You do realize that Obama is a Democrat right? So if you cant provide a single instance of a Democrat doing such, then you cant provide a single instance of Obama doing it either.

The point is rather obvious to everyone else.

You do realize that Obama is a Democrat right? So if you cant provide a single instance of a Democrat doing such, then you cant provide a single instance of Obama doing it either.

Yes I do realize this. It's unfortunate that I have to clarify the difference between president and congress.

Yurt would call this a partisan hack statement if it went the other way. But he won't call this one a partisan hack statement because he is a partisan hack. Yurt has discovered the second level of partisan hack! The Universe just ended.

Im fairly certain the Universe is continuing without any disruptions. I submit the fact that Im posting as evidence of such.

Now will you please explain, as youve been asked to multiple times, how Obama was bipartisan in any way?

Im fairly certain the Universe is continuing without any disruptions. I submit the fact that Im posting as evidence of such.

Now will you please explain, as youve been asked to multiple times, how Obama was bipartisan in any way?

"Like I said, watch the replay with an open mind. You'll see that he gets visibly frustrated with the way both sides act, as he tries to unite them on things they agree on."

Keep ignoring it if you want. Wouldn't be the first time facts were ignored in this little string of idiocies.

Yes I do realize this. It's unfortunate that I have to clarify the difference between president and congress.

We already know the difference between the branches of government. We were talking about parties here, not branches. You're attempts to deflect attention from the fact that you have not been able to answer the question is rather sad. Please provide evidence of bipartisanship from any Democrat. (And please note, that though President Obama is in another branch of government, he is still a Democrat).

I'm going to assume you're not being a Republitard and you are honestly answering that question.

How was he bipartiasan?

1. he gave equal talking time to Republicans
2. when McCain and Cantor both tried to attack him personally, he tried to bring things back to issues - so that it wasn't a tit for tat
3. he, as opposed to others, didn't make personal attacks on other members of Congress
4. he tried to build the discussion off of areas common to both sides (like the list of republican ideas Biden reminded people about that were already in the bill)

I could go on and on.....

Republicans tried to start over with a new bill when only 20% was in contest and the Dems were willing to work together on the other 20%.

And you wonder why the Dems are going to ram it through???? Because Republicans dont want to play ball. They want to delay and kill the whole idea.

Remember just a few months back when Republicans didn't even want the issue to get brought up? Now, finally, they realize they look idiotic for not wanting to work on this...

so the new tactic is to fake interest, but attempt to delay.

So fucking typical.

cartoon087.jpg

Forum List

Back