Talkfest 10': who really tried to compromise

Basically the Republicans repeated the same speech over and over again: "Scrap the current bill because it's too long for us to read and we'll debate for another year" Not the kind of bipartisanship Obama hoped to get out of the meeting.
Now we know all the points that are disagreed upon and agreed upon. That's about it.

ok...what did the dems offer that was different, what speeches did they give that were different, what about obama? how did they offer bipartisanship?

Maybe you should watch the replay to answer some of your questions. Then you'd understand that bipartisanship and Boehner will never be in the same sentence. There was no evidence of cooperation from either side. In fact, the most bipartisan person in the room was Barack. He allowed someone to speak from each side, allowed for responses from the opposite side, managed to agree on a few Republican talking points, and discussed at length his take on the talking points of the cons.

You seem to think bipartisanship is bending over to take it from Republicans and give in to whatever ideas they propose, and abandoning their own. That is absolutely not true.

His main goal was to establish common ground on the fact that both parties want health care reform, and outline the differences that need to be fixed. That happened.

Last edited:
I too, think Obama did poorly, he seemed unprepared and uninformed. It looked to me that the republicans that came talked in specifics and that Obama wanted to talk in generalities. i also think his credibility suffered when he said he had been looking at the republican plan for 6 months, making the democrat statements of republican=no plan look like a lie. he also had to backpeddle when he talked about cost, saying it would be "settled by the end of the day", and was handed a paper, then said, he was "misinformed".

I too, think Obama did poorly, he seemed unprepared and uninformed. It looked to me that the republicans that came talked in specifics and that Obama wanted to talk in generalities. i also think his credibility suffered when he said he had been looking at the republican plan for 6 months, making the democrat statements of republican=no plan look like a lie. he also had to backpeddle when he talked about cost, saying it would be "settled by the end of the day", and was handed a paper, then said, he was "misinformed".
Barry has now said he doesn't think it can be bipartisan, and that democrats may have to move forward on their own.

Guess what that means?

Barry has now said he doesn't think it can be bipartisan, and that democrats may have to move forward on their own.

Guess what that means?

Cons have their finger put in splints from overly intense finger pointing?

Guess what that means?

You really are a stupid fuck, aern't you.

Exclusive: What happens next in health care - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

Guess what that means?

Why are you so insecure to defend yourself, and immediately resort to offensive comments? It's like you know nothing, and are defending nothing by saying nothing.

Why are you so insecure to defend yourself, and immediately resort to offensive comments? It's like you know nothing, and are defending nothing by saying nothing.

Imbecile.

You have no business even attempting to discuss the topic, as it is obviously beyound you.

Notice both articles bare out exactly what I said.

Simpleton.

Obama: Bipartisan health deal may not be possible - Yahoo! News

Imbecile.

You have no business even attempting to discuss the topic, as it is obviously beyound you.

Notice both articles bare out exactly what I said.

Simpleton.

Obama: Bipartisan health deal may not be possible - Yahoo! News

Again, sticking with your offensive talking points. The best part is you think other people's opinions are fact.

You're obviously being partisan and not giving the man his due. Posts like this are why nothing ever progresses in these conversations.

Not only did he stand toe-to-toe with the entire room ...armed with facts, discussing hypotheticals and real-life situations, as well as spank people with common sense...

he did it with an dignity and in a truly bi-partisan way.

If you're just going to be a shill....the door's over there. :cuckoo:

Basically the Republicans repeated the same speech over and over again: "Scrap the current bill because it's too long for us to read and we'll debate for another year" Not the kind of bipartisanship Obama hoped to get out of the meeting.
Now we know all the points that are disagreed upon and agreed upon. That's about it.

ok...what did the dems offer that was different, what speeches did they give that were different, what about obama? how did they offer bipartisanship?

Maybe you should watch the replay to answer some of your questions. Then you'd understand that bipartisanship and Boehner will never be in the same sentence. There was no evidence of cooperation from either side. In fact, the most bipartisan person in the room was Barack. He allowed someone to speak from each side, allowed for responses from the opposite side, managed to agree on a few Republican talking points, and discussed at length his take on the talking points of the cons.

You seem to think bipartisanship is bending over to take it from Republicans and give in to whatever ideas they propose, and abandoning their own. That is absolutely not true.

His main goal was to establish common ground on the fact that both parties want health care reform, and outline the differences that need to be fixed. That happened.

lmao....you sure have a quick opinion about how the repubs didn't show bipartisanship and compromise, but you can't provide a single instance of the dems doing such.

you have no idea what i think. and its clear that YOU think true bipartisanship and compromise is the repubs agreeing to every single thing that the dems and obama want. this is clear because you haven't once showed how any of the dems or obama will agree to any of the repubs ideas and you ignore that obama said at the end, if we don't agree, its reconciliation time!!!

why don't you man up and show us you're not just a partisan hack.

You're obviously being partisan and not giving the man his due. Posts like this are why nothing ever progresses in these conversations.

Not only did he stand toe-to-toe with the entire room ...armed with facts, discussing hypotheticals and real-life situations, as well as spank people with common sense...

he did it with an dignity and in a truly bi-partisan way.

If you're just going to be a shill....the door's over there. :cuckoo:

I respect your opinion, but I know what i saw and heard, and am likewise entitled to mine.

talk about shill........

Everything was simply a recap of the entire year long debate.

Republicans offered Ideas and reasons the Dem plan had problems and they were shot down or ignored.

Obama did look pretty bad politically. IMHO

Normally I try to be Centrist, but I swear...watching Obama spank the Dems was :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Even if you parrot the Republican talking point that it was Kabuki Theater...

Obama's the better actor...and Cantor sounded like a re-re

lsd is da bomb ! .......

Republicans offered Ideas and reasons the Dem plan had problems and they were shot down or ignored.

I think his true colors was showing again

Again, sticking with your offensive talking points. The best part is you think other people's opinions are fact.
Its amazing that you still don't realize how stupid you sound.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Let me try and say what you meant to say:
"DURRRRRRRRRRRR"
You were going to admit that you are indeed an asshole and know it?

As usual, nobody believes you when you say you would do that.

lmao....you sure have a quick opinion about how the repubs didn't show bipartisanship and compromise, but you can't provide a single instance of the dems doing such.

you have no idea what i think. and its clear that YOU think true bipartisanship and compromise is the repubs agreeing to every single thing that the dems and obama want. this is clear because you haven't once showed how any of the dems or obama will agree to any of the repubs ideas and you ignore that obama said at the end, if we don't agree, its reconciliation time!!!

why don't you man up and show us you're not just a partisan hack.

Epic fail. I made no claim that the Dems were more or less bipartisan.
"There was no evidence of cooperation from either side. In fact, the most bipartisan person in the room was Barack."

It's like you read what I said, assumed that it was partisan hackery, and formulated some bullshit response. Well done. :clap2:

I think his true colors was showing again
Turn on some of the news shows and check the net comments, its heavily anti-Obama, comments such as 'arrogant' and 'dog & pony show' dominate.

Forum List

Back