Taliban using Anti-Mosque Fever to Recruit Members

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
WTH?

America’s enemies in Afghanistan are delighted by the vehement public opposition to the proposed “Ground Zero mosque.” The backlash against the project has drawn the heaviest e-mail response ever on jihadi Web sites, Zabihullah claims—far bigger even than France’s ban on burqas earlier this year. (That was big, he recalls: “We received many e-mails asking for advice on how Muslims should react to the hijab ban, and how they can punish France.”) This time the target is America itself. “We are getting even more messages of support and solidarity on the mosque issue and questions about how to fight back against this outrage.”

Taliban Using Mosque Controversy to Recruit - Newsweek

Please, some gizmo in a cave listening to talk radio about the mosque is going to suddenly get religion?
If this is so, perhaps it doesnt take a lot of hijacking or twisting of Islam to make it as militant as we saw on 9/11.
Perhaps we should reconsidered out immigration policies if these peace loving muslims are so easily provoked .

Perhaps newsweek aught to ask "How Islam defines innocent " since so many muslims repeat Islam forbids the killing of innocent people.

Wow. Are they targeting 6 year olds now? :(

Interesting article about the recruitment of children - long before they learned of the "Dove Church".

At other camps he later found some suicide trainees who weren’t even teenagers. At one Mehsud camp he saw boys who looked no older than 12.

He spends hours on the computer in his bedroom surfing Taliban, Qaeda, and Iraqi jihadi Web sites and interacting with like-minded young men in militant chatrooms. He avoids any contact with women on the Web, even on Islamic sites, calling it a waste of time. He watches DVDs of jihadis ambushing U.S. forces in Afghanistan and Iraq. The chatroom messages he exchanges with other young militants are often dotted with sad-face emoticons. “I’m missing Miran Shah,” he says. “I miss the mountains and my fellow mujahedin. My heart is not happy here.”

The boy wrote a last will and testament, like all Qaeda suicide bombers, and it remains on his computer, addressed to all of his male kinsmen. He urges them to join the jihad and seek martyrdom “so I will see you, my beloved brothers, in the company of virgins with me.” The document was dated Dec. 21, 2009, just as he was turning 16.

Inside Al Qaeda - Newsweek

BTW - many of these boys do not have any idea why they are fighting. I guess the Koran burning gives them a reason now. Improves morale and all that. :evil:

Know your enemy folks.

Its how you win.

I love how so many of you will ignore and belittle the smart ways to fight an enemy for temporary political gain.

Know your enemy folks.

Its how you win.

I love how so many of you will ignore and belittle the smart ways to fight an enemy for temporary political gain.

liberal_boy.gif

故曰:知彼知己,百戰不殆;不知彼而知己,一勝一負;不知彼,不知己,每戰必殆。
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.

故曰:知彼知己,百戰不殆;不知彼而知己,一勝一負;不知彼,不知己,每戰必殆。
So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you can win a hundred battles without a single loss.
If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.

If knowledge were an ocean, you could swim all day and not get wet.

WTH?

America’s enemies in Afghanistan are delighted by the vehement public opposition to the proposed “Ground Zero mosque.” The backlash against the project has drawn the heaviest e-mail response ever on jihadi Web sites, Zabihullah claims—far bigger even than France’s ban on burqas earlier this year. (That was big, he recalls: “We received many e-mails asking for advice on how Muslims should react to the hijab ban, and how they can punish France.”) This time the target is America itself. “We are getting even more messages of support and solidarity on the mosque issue and questions about how to fight back against this outrage.”
Taliban Using Mosque Controversy to Recruit - Newsweek
They'd use it either way. I don't care what THEY think, I am still shaking my head in disbelief at the rightwingloons and their hate, though.

Yep rightwing loons HATE terrorists. And so do rational decent Democrats, Independents, and apolitical folks with a brain. And a soul.

And pretending anyone LIKES terror is called strawman tactics.

Why do you want to make 20% of the worlds population the enemy of America?

Forum List

Back