Giving Civil Rights To Animals

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mudwhistle, Dec 4, 2012.

1. mudwhistle

mudwhistle Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,277
    [​IMG]

The EPA and other governmental agencies are becoming as abusive as the IRS. Stories are popping up in the news of the Obama EPA refusing to grant cities the right to make repairs on water systems and infrastructure because environmentalists filed complaints over the environmental impact it might have on the species that live there.

It appears that the White House thinks animals have at least if not more rights than humans do.

Last year, on June 16, the massive Monument Fire and the subsequent monsoon rains destroyed the pipelines that bring the water to Tombstone and boulders the size of Volkswagens blocked access to the springs–with some of the springs being buried under 12-15 feet of rock, gravel, and broken trees. Jack Henderson, who was Mayor at the time of the disaster recalls, “There was nothing left. It looked like a moonscape. We lost the war up there.”

In fact, the war was just beginning–but the war was not against nature; rather it is against the essential philosophy of our present national government.

In August, Governor Brewer declared a state of emergency for Tombstone, which provided $50,000 to the city to make repairs. The city rented equipment and applied for and received permits–except for those from the US Forest Service. By the end of October, the city grew tired of waiting. They took an excavator up to the springs. The Forest Service stopped them with the threat of arrest

Kathleen Nelson, acting ranger in charge of the Coronado National Forest, says the Forest Service has been letting Tombstone do some work to restore its water supply “as long as it complies with the 1964 Wilderness Act”–meaning Tombstone can do the work with shovels and haul the pipe up the mountain with horses (really!). More recently, workers were stopped from using a wheel barrow. Rangers say the wheel barrow is “mechanized” and “might damage wilderness and disturb endangered species.” The feds are blocking emergency repairs that are critical to Tombstone’s survival.

Cass Sunstein, Obama's former regulatory czar and author of many of the 6000 new regulations that have been released by the White House this year wrote a paper in 2002 called "The Rights Of Animals: A Very Short Primer". In it he discusses animal suffering in various forms. He even goes into suppressing the practice of meat eating through government regulations.

Cass Sunstein has been greatly influential in our lives recently. He's the guy that came up with "Availability Cascades". Government sponsored lies repeated over and over to the point it becomes common knowledge. This is how they suckered millions of Americans into believing in Global Warming and it's how it's gotten to the point that Americans are calling for higher taxes. They feel raising taxes on the wealthy is fine but little do they know that their own taxes will soon be going up along with the rich. It's already written into the law. The "Tax The Rich" argument has been used as a decoy while the White House is busy raising everyone's taxes by $800 billion dollars in the Affordable Health Care Act.

"Conspiracy Theories" and government infiltration

Sunstein co-authored a 2008 paper with Adrian Vermeule, titled "Conspiracy Theories," dealing with the risks and possible government responses to false conspiracy theories resulting from "cascades" of faulty information within groups that may ultimately lead to violence. In this article they wrote, "The existence of both domestic and foreign conspiracy theories, we suggest, is no trivial matter, posing real risks to the government’s antiterrorism policies, whatever the latter may be." They go on to propose that, "the best response consists in cognitive infiltration of extremist groups",[25] where they suggest, among other tactics, "Government agents (and their allies) might enter chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups and attempt to undermine percolating conspiracy theories by raising doubts about their factual premises, causal logic or implications for political action."[25] They refer, several times, to groups that promote the view that the US Government was responsible or complicit in the September 11 attacks as "extremist groups." They also suggest responses: "We can readily imagine a series of possible responses. (1) Government might ban conspiracy theorizing. (2) Government might impose some kind of tax, financial or otherwise, on those who disseminate such theories."[26]

Sunstein and Vermeule also analyze the practice of recruiting "nongovernmental officials"; they suggest that "government can supply these independent experts with information and perhaps prod them into action from behind the scenes," further warning that "too close a connection will be self-defeating if it is exposed."[25] Sunstein and Vermeule argue that the practice of enlisting non-government officials, "might ensure that credible independent experts offer the rebuttal, rather than government officials themselves. There is a tradeoff between credibility and control, however. The price of credibility is that government cannot be seen to control the independent experts." This position has been criticized by some commentators,[27][28] who argue that it would violate prohibitions on government propaganda aimed at domestic citizens.[29] Sunstein and Vermeule's proposed infiltrations have also been met by sharply critical scholarly critiques.[30][31][32]

Sunstein responded to criticism, captured on video, and claimed: "I have written hundreds of articles, and I remember some and not others. That one I don’t remember very well.... But whatever was said in that article, my role in government is to oversee federal rulemaking in a way that is wholly disconnected from the vast majority of my academic writing, including that."[33]

So if you spot these guys that seem to have a lot of facts to support Obamacare or some other program and that's all they seem to comment on they could be one of these independent experts.

The White House thinks the population is more of a threat to them than an external enemy. This is why hundreds of new gun regulations will be released by the end of the year.

An abusive government fears private gun ownership.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  2. mudwhistle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,277
    :eusa_eh:

3. mudwhistle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,277
    I hope anyone who read the OP caught this little tidbit:

"the best response consists in cognitive infiltration of extremist groups",[25] where they suggest, among other tactics, "Government agents (and their allies) might enter chat rooms, online social networks, or even real-space groups and attempt to undermine percolating conspiracy theories by raising doubts about their factual premises, causal logic or implications for political action."[25] They refer, several times, to groups that promote the view that the US Government was responsible or complicit in the September 11 attacks as "extremist groups." They also suggest responses: "We can readily imagine a series of possible responses. (1) Government might ban conspiracy theorizing. (2) Government might impose some kind of tax, financial or otherwise, on those who disseminate such theories."[26]​

4. mudwhistle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,277
    This is the kind of mind set behind most of the new government regulations coming from the Obama Administration.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
  5. Cowman

Cowman Cows Have Liberal Minds

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +725
    Giving Civil Rights to Animals... What conservatives thought of the actual Civil Rights movement.

And don't give me that "Republicans supported Civil Rights" bullshit.... because conservatives did not. Conservatives railed against it at every turn.

6. mudwhistle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +26,277
    I can tell this is above your head. Being a lib doesn't seem to raise I.Q.

Republican and conservative aren't the same thing.

Democrats are sometimes conservative. Conservative means a resistance to change. If it works why break it.

The Harvard set spend a lot of time thinking of the possibilities and making the same mistakes everyone before them made and learned from. They just think they are smarter and thus infallible.

7. TNHarley

TNHarley Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20,913
    I hate the EPA. I also hate PETA. Getting WAY over there heads to the point of strait up ridiculousness

8. Mad Scientist

Mad Scientist Deplorable Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,684
    Al Gore Sr. voted against it.

Fail.

9. Si modo

Si modo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,703
    I want to marry my dog, now.

(Not really, but thought I would bring that up)

10. ba1614

ba1614 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +876
    I love my dogs and I would rather spend time with them than most people any more, but c'mon, this is just more progressive controlling our every thought and action bullshit.