Taliban split with Al Qaeda; Seek Peace

Actually this doesn't entirely surprise me.

The taliban seem to want one thing only...to control Afghanistan as they see fit.

I don't think they want to take orders from Al Qada any more than they want to take orders from Washington.

Actually this doesn't entirely surprise me.

The taliban seem to want one thing only...to control Afghanistan as they see fit.

I don't think they want to take orders from Al Qada any more than they want to take orders from Washington.
The Taliban were the legitiment government of Afghnistain before we invaded. They were popular with the people because they brought peace and stability to the country. Many Afghans support the Taliban and wish they were back in power.

The Taliban were the legitiment government of Afghnistain before we invaded. They were popular with the people because they brought peace and stability to the country. Many Afghans support the Taliban and wish they were back in power.

Yeah, that was sort of my point, Sunni.

One of the things that Americans need to learn to accept is that not everyone wants to be just like Americans.

Having spent my entire life living with Americans, and now witnessing the unraveling of what was once the greatest society on earth, I can't say I really blame them, either.

Now based on what I have learned about the Taliban, I know damned sure I don't want to live under their rule, but then too, I am not an Afghani who is especially comfortable living in an Islamic theocracy.

Sadly the Taliban made the mistake of harboring and protecting Al-Quada post 9-11.

That was a terrible mistake for which the Taliban has paid a terrible price.

suddenly the taliban are the good guys? please....yes they controlled afghanistan and look how they did it. sorry guys i just cant get behind something like this that wants to suppress women and return women to stone age relics that obey. when you have religion police who beat women in public for not upholding to the highest measure all of the talibans "rules" of dress and conduct.

suddenly the taliban are the good guys? please....yes they controlled afghanistan and look how they did it. sorry guys i just cant get behind something like this that wants to suppress women and return women to stone age relics that obey. when you have religion police who beat women in public for not upholding to the highest measure all of the talibans "rules" of dress and conduct.
It's the Afghan peoples country, culture, and religion. They have the right to have any laws, culture, or society that they choose. Who are we to tell them what to do or to try and delegate their standards of living?

It's the Afghan peoples country, culture, and religion. They have the right to have any laws, culture, or society that they choose. Who are we to tell them what to do or to try and delegate their standards of living?

I assume that includes the Commission on human rights ?

If that was directed at me, no my point is not that I think the Taliban the good guys.

My point is merely that the Taliban are Afghanis and, call me old fashioned, but I am of the school of polisci that thinks that the people of a nation should be the people who should ultimately decide what government they live with.

If that was directed at me, no my point is not that I think the Taliban the good guys.

My point is merely that the Taliban are Afghanis and, call me old fashioned, but I am of the school of polisci that thinks that the people of a nation should be the people who should ultimately decide what government they live with.

Not when their country harbors and trains people to terrorize other countries. Tell them to bring us bin laden and we''' consider it.

Not when their country harbors and trains people to terrorize other countries. Tell them to bring us bin laden and we''' consider it.

Understood.

So when do we invade Pakistan?

Do you get my point, now?

Or is that flag you're wrapping youself in prevent you from seeing reality?

So if I beat the hell out of your wife because i feel like it thats cool as long as its how i want to live right?

I live here in America, so you would be arrested.

But if the Afghan people allow this in THEIR country. That's all right with me.
Their country and their culture!!

What about the women who would rather not be beat and raped is this just too bad for them because of their location?

Forum List

Back