Taliban split with Al Qaeda; Seek Peace

Look Navy. I have most likely read the same books that you are basing your knowledge of the middle east on.

But I just don't buy into the Neocon story line like you seem to.

I have no idea what group(s) you think I am blindly following.

As a young man going through the Vietnam War. I learned to think for myself and distrust authority and especially the government.

You on the other hand, follow the party line to the tee.

In a way I envy you. Because it must be nice not to have to tax your brain and figure things out. Just get in lock step with the Bush gang and march to oblivion.

See unlike you Sunni I have actually been to the Middle East more than once, and your assumption that I am a NEO-CON is wrong too. It's where the flaw in your logic begins, you assume that the values that are American be they democratic or republican are somehow now neo-con which would imply new. Interesting you should hold your distrust because of what what happened to you in Vietnam. Your right about one thing though, it does not take much taxing in the brain department to debate you, as a matter of fact I find it sad to see that your tired talk is the same thing I heard back in 1969 when I first deployed oversea's and it didn't change much except for the wrapper in the last one I was in 22 years after that. Only this time, you actually believe what you are saying. I urge you, if the United States is such a burden you there are flights leaving on the hour to many countries that might take you in. I caution you though, the middle east you see in the books is NOT all a paradise if extreme islamic thinking it may disappoint you. Do me a favor though Sunni, don't assume that you have some lofty perch to sit on because your a Vietnam Vet. and that gives you special insight. Your not the only Vet. here much less the only one to have served in Vietnam.

What people or nation wants outsiders dictating to them what to think or how to live?

Well all the states who joined the UN, all the states who joined the United States, and all the states who joined the EU or any other regional body with binding mechanisms.

Would be pretty much everyone, actually.

As for your retarded "the Afghan people" comments, actually the Afghan people are not the Taliban. Learn the difference.

What I don't get is how you and Care4None think that just because someone is a Muslim. They are some sort of second class citizen and shouldn't be allowed to live here in America.

That because my veiws are different that yours. I need to move to another country.

Well I got news for nazis like the both of you. I am here to stay. And I am going to do everything I legally can to change the laws of this country to reflect my beliefs and values.

And if you don't like it, you can move to the country of your choice!

What I don't get is how you and Care4None think that just because someone is a Muslim. They are some sort of second class citizen and shouldn't be allowed to live here in America.

That because my veiws are different that yours. I need to move to another country.

Well I got news for nazis like the both of you. I am here to stay. And I am going to do everything I legally can to change the laws of this country to reflect my beliefs and values.

And if you don't like it, you can move to the country of your choice!

See there you go leaping to conclusions again, I did not say that Muslims are second class citizens. Now this may be a difficult concept for someone with extreme views like you , but I have no use for ANY society that oppresses people in the name of a religion and forces others to believe as they do at the point of a gun or bomb. I wish you luck on your quest to change this country to express your views, because when you do, you will see people like me there to stop you!! Oh and you know what? you have more in common with the Nazi's than I ever will, I'm surprised that such a extreme islamic scholar like yourself would not know that.

See there you go leaping to conclusions again, I did not say that Muslims are second class citizens. Now this may be a difficult concept for someone with extreme views like you , but I have no use for ANY society that oppresses people in the name of a religion and forces others to believe as they do at the point of a gun or bomb. I wish you luck on your quest to change this country to express your views, because when you do, you will see people like me there to stop you!! Oh and you know what? you have more in common with the Nazi's than I ever will, I'm surprised that such a extreme islamic scholar like yourself would not know that.
This is a Democracy. So if enough people vote in certain Islamic related laws. Then as a true Constitional patriot, I am sure you will obey them.

Never said they were. If you took it that way, that's you problem.

You said:

It's the Afghan peoples country,

Which wasn't true. It was the Talibans country, not the peoples. So you lose. Again.

What I don't get is how you think that just because someone is a Homosexual. They are some sort of second class citizen and shouldn't be allowed to live here in America.

Good for the goose, is good for the gander. You want to hate on gays, you can go suck a dick if someone hates on you cause your Muslim. Not like anyone was actually doing that, but your whiny tears give me joy nonetheless.

This is a Democracy. So if enough people vote in certain Islamic related laws. Then as a true Constitional patriot, I am sure you will obey them.

Considering how Muslims have been treated in this country (you know...jailed without warrant and such), perhaps you would better spend your time trying to actually fulfill the promise of equal rights in this country. The more oppressive it gets, the worse of it will be for you.

You know the nice thing about this country though? It will never happen, you want have Sharia courts here my friend so keep on dreaming on that score. As for Islamic Law, there is that little church and state thing standing in the way isn't there, so you might have see about getting that one amended first again I do hope you have several hundred years to spare. On a local level it's actaully easy to circumvent a law that has any hint of religious overtones in this country, find a federal judge and now your off on a 15 year little journey to the Supreme Court. This is not Iran where the laws are written by religious zealots so trust me when I telll you I am not going to keep myself awake at night worried about Islamic Law here.

You said:

Which wasn't true. It was the Talibans country, not the peoples. So you lose. Again.

Good for the goose, is good for the gander. You want to hate on gays, you can go suck a dick if someone hates on you cause your Muslim. Not like anyone was actually doing that, but your whiny tears give me joy nonetheless.

Considering how Muslims have been treated in this country (you know...jailed without warrant and such), perhaps you would better spend your time trying to actually fulfill the promise of equal rights in this country. The more oppressive it gets, the worse of it will be for you.
Man that's one weird and convoluted post!?!?

I asume that you know what you ment. Because no one else does

Man that's one weird and convoluted post!?!?

I asume that you know what you ment. Because no one else does

Perhaps you should learn to read. And really, don't speak for the board. Especially not with such radical and idiotic ideas as you espouse.

You didn't respond, not because you can't understand it, but because I tore you a new asshole and you aren't able to competently respond. Its ok, I know your type. Run away little bitch.

so trust me when I telll you I am not going to keep myself awake at night worried about Islamic Law here.
20 years ago that's what most Europeans thought. Now several are having to allow Sharia Law in some civil matters. Plus it is predicted that within a generation, more that one European country may become Islamic.

20 years ago that's what most Europeans thought. Now several are having to allow Sharia Law in some civil matters. Plus it is predicted that within a generation, more that one European country may become Islamic.

You would be making a grave mistake if your counting on the United States following a path that Europe took. One you have a geographical issue here that Europe does not, two you have a cultural issue here that Europe does not, and three there is that constitutional issue here that every European country did not have to deal with. You know how long a Sharia court would last if some city passed that as a law in this country? Just as long as it took for some group to take them to court and get a judge to sign an injunction against it. In the U.K. you have a population issue there, as well as France, and don't think for one moment that this Islamic law your so overjoyed about is popular ,especially in the U.K. I have friends who live there and can tell you that in most parts of the country the very idea of any Islamic law is extremely unpopular.

Islam is now the second largest religion in the US and growing.

Also, Muslim couples have a high birth rate.

Yes, it will take a long time for it to become dominate, but it will.

Try again, number #1 Christian 76.4%
#2 Non Religious 13.2%
#3 Judaism 1.3%
#4 Islam 0.5%

You want to know what the fastes growing religion is ? It's no religion followed by Hindu according to the US Census. You want to know what the fastest growing ethnic population in the U.S. is? That hispanic which is over 90% Roman Catholic. So again good luck on the adventure.

It took over 100 years of our countries existence for women to vote so we cannot ask for them to just change.

The 19th Amendment to the Constitution, granting women the right to vote, is signed into law by Secretary of State Bainbridge Colby.(August 26, 1920

Until June 6, 1963 women were paid less to work than men.

June 10
Congress passes the Equal Pay Act, making it illegal for employers to pay a woman less than what a man would receive for the same job.

June 23, 1972 Title IX was passed

Title IX of the Education Amendments bans sex discrimination in schools. It states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any educational program or activity receiving federal financial assistance." As a result of Title IX, the enrollment of women in athletics programs and professional schools increases dramatically.

Last edited:
The Taliban made the mistake of harboring Al Quada.

Had they not done so, I would be surprised if they weren't still in power.

And had the Taliban played footsie with the oil companies, it wouldn't have surprised me if a Talibani-run Afghanistan would likely have gotten most favored trade nation status.

The sooner we wrap up Bin Laden and his Al Quade criminals, the sooner we can get the hell out of Afghanistan and let the Afghani's determine their own fate.

If we think we're going to impose a democratic republic with a human secualist mindset in that nation, we're nuts.

I'm convinced that most Afghani want to stay what the nation has always been...a bearly unified nation run mostly by tribal warlords.

It wouldn't be my choice of how to run a nation, but then too, AFghanistan is none of my business.

But if their anarchic warlordism is going to host enemies of this nation?

Well then, the Afghanis can expect to have one nation or the other constantly stationing troops there to prevent those enemies from using AFghantisan as a base of operations.

Like I said above, the Taliban made a serious mistake thinking that the USA was going to put up with that crap.

No civilized nation is beholden to any other nation's sovereignty under those circumstances.

It took over 100 years of our countries existence for women to vote so we cannot ask for them to just change.

Until June 6, 1963 women were paid less to work than men.

June 23, 1972 Title IX was passed

Dear Clane,

Women in this country were not flogged, beaten or killed in the public square for their hair or their face showing or for walking down a public street with a man or for being a rape victim....before they could vote....

This is not afghanistan under taliban rule or Sharia Law and never has been....there is a huge difference....

i am not saying that women should be voting in afghanistan and this should happen overnight or that women even want to vote in afghanistan...what i am saying is that the taliban rule and sharia law, where a woman can be killed or beaten for being raped or for walking down the street with her face showing is INHUMANE and a treatment worse than that of a stray dog....and is absolutely unacceptable treatment of any human being.

Should we go to war over it? NO....but we should not be dealing with this country in any kind of manner and we should be publically speaking out against this country and its injustices and should get other countries to join in and pressure etc, this country to change...

care

we should be publically speaking out against this country and its injustices and should get other countries to join in and pressure etc, this country to change...
Typical Western colonial mindset and hubris

"We know what's best for you. Even though your culture is thousands of years old. Everything you do is so wrong. We are smarter, and besides, we have modern technology. So you must change to OUR way of thinking and lifestyle".

Forum List

Back