Taliban split with Al Qaeda; Seek Peace

No they have the highest out of countries who report these statistics not out of every country in the world. Way to skew the results Sunni once again a swing and a miss.

Taliban's strict policies and condescending behavior toward their local allied troops caused an uprising in which thousands of the Taliban's best troops were killed.

In 1997, Ahmad Shah Massoud devised a plan to utilize guerrilla tactics in the Shamali plains to defeat the Taliban advances. In collaboration with the locals, Masoud had deployed his forces to be stationed at civilian dwellings and other hidden places. Upon the arrival of the Taliban, some locals, who had vowed pacts of peace with the Taliban, as well as Masoud's forces came out of hiding and in a surprise attack captured the north of Kabul. Soon after, the Taliban put a major effort into taking control of the Shamali plains, indiscriminately killing young men, uprooting and expelling the population. Kamal Hossein, a special reporter for the UN, had written a full report on these and other war crimes that further insinuated and inflamed the issue of ethnicity.

Sunni, You really should read a little more about the history of Afghanistan and the Taliban before you say it's a gov't that the Afghani people wanted. If that were true the Taliban would not have been engaged in civil war with the Northern Tribes since they took power. The fact is Omar represented a form of Islam that wished to take the country of Afghanistan back to the 14th Century and was initially greeted by most people in Afghanistan well because they had been tired of war and his initial govt. according to him was in place till a milder form of government could replace him However, elections were not allowed, they went about destroying what little there was left of Afghanistani history in favor of their warped view of the Koran. Sound familier?, sounds a bit like their current friends. Perhaps even the Taliban, are tired of listening to that Engineer's son from Saudi Aribia who has been disowned because even his view is too much to swallow and they see what people like that man has done to their country. you really should spend less time getting your information from a propaganda site and more time trying to understand real history before making the assertions you do.

Masoud's and the Northern Alliance where all but finished before the US invasion.

They only controlled about 10% of the country. A small area in the isolated northern regions.

Masoud was a power hungry traitor to the Afghan people, and recieved a traitor's reward in the end.

It's the Afghan peoples country, culture, and religion. They have the right to have any laws, culture, or society that they choose. Who are we to tell them what to do or to try and delegate their standards of living?
oh really? i guess half the afghani's don't count...women can't voice their opinion or say, they can't legislate or dictate law....they are SILENCED, they don't even count with simple human rights or dignity....

so i don't know what the hell you are talking about when you say they chose this for themselves when you are leaving out half of the humans living there...the women, who HAVE NO CHOICE in anything!!!!

care

oh really? i guess half the afghani's don't count...women can't voice their opinion or say, they can't legislate or dictate law....they are SILENCED, they don't even count with simple human rights or dignity....

so i don't know what the hell you are talking about when you say they chose this for themselves when you are leaving out half of the humans living there...the women, who HAVE NO CHOICE in anything!!!!
Pure Western media propagana!!

Do you even know any Afghan women?

If so, have you ever talked to them about the real truth in Afghanistain?

Pure Western media propagana!!

Do you even know any Afghan women?

If so, have you ever talked to them about the real truth in Afghanistain?

have you? would they even tell you their real concerns? NOT!

there are several documentaries of christiane amanpour and others that are telling....

have you? would they even tell you their real concerns? NOT!

there are several documentaries of christiane amanpour and others that are telling....
I know several Afghan women and their families.

Christiane Amanpour is neither a Muslim nor an Afghan.

She is just a journalist looking to write and produce sensationalist anti-Islamic stories for the Western media.

That's how she makes her living. Telling lies to gulible people for the big bucks.

I know several Afghan women and their families.

Christiane Amanpour is neither a Muslim nor an Afghan.

She is just a journalist looking to write and produce sensationalist anti-Islamic stories for the Western media.

That's how she makes her living. Telling lies to gulible people for the big bucks.

answer me one question....can women have a say in who leads them? Can they choose to ignore the taliban rules or sharia law without being killed or physically harmed for it? can they freely work in whatever occupation they would like? can they be educated freely?

women are controlled by the taliban or by men in general, they have never been free to kick the taliban out....to suggest such is pure, manufactured, ignorance on your part sunni man....and i will never believe what you or any other muslim man has to say on the subject....

How do you know Afghan women that are living in Afghanistan under Taliban rule and how do you communicate with them from here in the usa, btw?

I am certain the lives of a few afghani women are pleasant lives...they have husbands that truely love them and do not abuse them....but this does not mean that they too, would not love to have some of the freedoms that the men have in their lives...

i never said amanpour was a muslim, which is irrellevent....

care

yep...back to invasion...oh and buddha protection...

no!

not if you mean back to invading afghanistan.....I don't agree with this position...I don't think afghanistan or rather alqaeda can be diminished by going in to a war with or within another sovereign country....this is more special ops in my opinion, and getting some moles to make it in the inner circle type thing...good intelligence and people WITHIN the country that want change....

care

Masoud's and the Northern Alliance where all but finished before the US invasion.

They only controlled about 10% of the country. A small area in the isolated northern regions.

Masoud was a power hungry traitor to the Afghan people, and recieved a traitor's reward in the end.

Oh by that you mean when the normal cowards way that the islamic regimes like Omars fought , sent bombers disguised as reporters to set off a bomb? Your assertion that the Afghan people wanted the Taliban is completely false, if it were not for the backing of Pakistan the Taliban would have been just one more faction within a country that is full of various different factions. The ONLY reason Pakistan backed the Taliban was the hope that they would provide secure trade routes.

On April 25, Massoud entered Kabul, and the next day the Northern Alliance factions reached an agreement on a coalition government that excluded the Hizb-i Islami led by Gulbuddin Hikmatyar-the protégé of Pakistan. Rejecting the arrangement, Hikmatyar launched massive and indiscriminate rocket attacks on Kabul that continued intermittently until he was forced out of the Kabul area in February 1995

By October 1994 the movement had attracted the support of Pakistan, which saw in the Taliban a way to secure trade routes to Central Asia and establish a government in Kabul friendly to its interests. Pakistani traders who had long sought a secure route to send their goods to Central Asia quickly became some of the Taliban's strongest financial backers. In September 1995, the Taliban took control of Herat, thereby cutting off the land route connecting the Islamic State of Afghanistan with Iran. The Taliban's innovative use of mobile warfare appeared to indicate that Pakistan had provided vital assistance for the capture of Herat. In September 1996, the Taliban took control of Kabul after Massoud was forced to retreat to the north. Sometime after Massoud's loss of Kabul, he began to obtain military assistance from Russia as well as Iran. The Northern Alliance was reconstituted in opposition to the Taliban.

As I suggested earlier Sunni, you may want to read a book rather than getting your information from the local Imam.

That makes a lot of sense.

Believe what's written in a book by a Western journalist for a Western audience.

But don't listen to people who know the truth first hand.

The difference is Sunni , you are completely indoctrinated, you do know what that means don't you? As a matter of fact I know quite a bit about it, it's you that seem to want to spout off this propaganda that radical islamic groups want the rest of the world to buy into. It's terrible though isn't it, when people all over the world see these scum for what they really are, and the only way to defend them is to make up some fantasy about how much the Taliban were so loved. Tell you what, go to Kabul, and find anyone that had the chance to go to the football stadium there , btw they didn't go there to watch a game and ask them how much they loved the Taliban. While your at it, why don't you ask a buddhist how they feel about the Taliban blowing up an over 1000 year old shrine , a national treasure all in the name of ALLAH that some wannabe Imam has convinced poor and illiterate people he is. You know nothing Sunni of the world and I suggest rather than sit here in the United States as a convert to Islam you live the life of the faithful. Go among the people of Islam and live the life you so love. I think you might be surprised when you get there, that many muslims are NOT extremists but rather are just average people who want the same things as every other person the world over.

They executed criminals in the football stadium. So what?

We have the death penalty for some crimes in the United States.

Afghanistain is an Islamic country. There shouldn't be any idols allowed. Buddhist or any other religion.

They executed criminals in the football stadium. So what?

We have the death penalty for some crimes in the United States.

Afghanistain is an Islamic country. There shouldn't be any idols allowed. Buddhist or any other religion.

Thank you Sunni for verifying everything I have been saying in this thread. When you throw out all your logic and reason, I don't find it surprising that you are so easily led. Once again, your knowledge of history is really lacking, Sunni how sad it must be for you, that your not among these groups that would not lead you.

Thank you Sunni for verifying everything I have been saying in this thread. When you throw out all your logic and reason, I don't find it surprising that you are so easily led. Once again, your knowledge of history is really lacking, Sunni how sad it must be for you, that your not among these groups that would not lead you.
Look Navy. I have most likely read the same books that you are basing your knowledge of the middle east on.

But I just don't buy into the Neocon story line like you seem to.

I have no idea what group(s) you think I am blindly following.

As a young man going through the Vietnam War. I learned to think for myself and distrust authority and especially the government.

You on the other hand, follow the party line to the tee.

In a way I envy you. Because it must be nice not to have to tax your brain and figure things out. Just get in lock step with the Bush gang and march to oblivion.

Sunni man's thinking belongs in the society which he loves...

I realize we are a free country and all...and accept most all people and their points of view, but why sunniman is here in the united states, a westernized country, is beyond me...he has the ability to go and live within any muslim country that he praises and i personally think that he should spend some time in the taliban ruled region???

care

Yeah, that was sort of my point, Sunni.

One of the things that Americans need to learn to accept is that not everyone wants to be just like Americans.

Having spent my entire life living with Americans, and now witnessing the unraveling of what was once the greatest society on earth, I can't say I really blame them, either.

Now based on what I have learned about the Taliban, I know damned sure I don't want to live under their rule, but then too, I am not an Afghani who is especially comfortable living in an Islamic theocracy.

Sadly the Taliban made the mistake of harboring and protecting Al-Quada post 9-11.

That was a terrible mistake for which the Taliban has paid a terrible price.

Don't forget about how unwilling they were to allow lucrative US business deals in the country BEFORE 9/11.

Forum List

Back