Take the Quiz

Shit. I missed one. But it's late. And I'm sleepy. Plus I rushed through it in 2:16. :dunno:

Screen Shot 16.jpg

Half of the quiz seemed to be on specific Supreme Court decisions, so you should be aware of all of the major decisions. I just read about the IV Amendment yesterday, and knew all of the major Supreme Court questions, guessed on many to start the quiz, and guessed right on most of them.

Same one I missed.

The one in the screen shot I got right. It just happened to be the last question that was asked when I got to twenty, so I guess that's why that question shows up there in the screen shot.

It was the Bush vs Gore one that I got wrong.

I never did follow that whole Bush vs Gore thing.

Showoff. 😝

I started taking the quiz, but then had to do something else and the timer ran out before I answered all the questions. But my score was 75% even without answering all the questions, so.... not too shabby. :)

No, I wasn't showing off. I was purposefully being a condescending prick just for the lolz.

If it weren't for the old hole in the wall we used to post on many years ago where that specific type of content was often discussed Iprobably would have missed a lot of the court ones.

The only issue I really have with the quiz is that it implies that anyone who gets less than 100% isn't qualified to have their own perspective on the Constitution. Some of these questions get way more arcane and wonky than the average Joe needs to know, including the "Latin one" that I saw a few of you trip on.

Overall, I'd say you all did really well.

What does the 4th amendment protect?

Nothing. :rolleyes-41:

The Patriot Act fucked it over.

I didn't know that Latin name one.

Cities, counties, states, and even the federal government can violate your rights any time they want to do so. You just have the right to sue them after the fact. You are lucky. You get to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars and spend 3-7 years fighting emotional laborious legal battles in court. In the end you will win.

Nobody ever explained it that way. I learned it the hard way. The constitution is about as effective as the law. Some citizens obey the law, some don’t. The same with the constitution. Some government actors obey the constitution, some don’t. The only difference is that elected official don’t get punished for violating the constitution. The government entity just gives you money. Whoop to the freaking do. There is no disincentive for government officials to respect the constitution. Unless private citizens can convince government officials that they will be murdered when they disrespect our country, then they will keep doing it.

Forum List

Back