Take A Walk On The Wild Side...

BullKurtz

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2013
RIGHT BEHIND YOU
Originally constructed in by King Alfonso XIII in 1921, the walkway was built high above the Gualdalhorce River in southern Spain. Though the total path is about five miles, the most famous boardwalk segment comprises almost two miles of rickety looking bridges.

Caminito del Rey translates to “King’s Little Path”—a relatively benign name for this tourist attraction where at least five people died, with the most recent happening in 2000s. The walkway has officially been closed since 2001 but many have attempted the trek with carabiners and professional climbing gear.

World s most dangerous walkway to reopen next week Fox News

Originally constructed in by King Alfonso XIII in 1921, the walkway was built high above the Gualdalhorce River in southern Spain. Though the total path is about five miles, the most famous boardwalk segment comprises almost two miles of rickety looking bridges.

Caminito del Rey translates to “King’s Little Path”—a relatively benign name for this tourist attraction where at least five people died, with the most recent happening in 2000s. The walkway has officially been closed since 2001 but many have attempted the trek with carabiners and professional climbing gear.

World s most dangerous walkway to reopen next week Fox News

Morning bro!

Not particularly scared of dying, but, not that way.

As you know, I take no unnecessary risks!!!!!

; - )

Morning bro!

Not particularly scared of dying, but, not that way.

As you know, I take no unnecessary risks!!!!!

; - )

How about that paper thin concrete patch with holes in it....:ack-1:
I have an inordinate fear of heights, and rickety structures.

It took me 60+ years to understand why.

It dates from visiting the ancestral home in Froghop, Alabama, and climbing rickety stairs when I was about 4.

When I went there three years ago, it all came back.

Childhood trauma lasts a long time.

• Banned

It dates from visiting the ancestral home in Froghop, Alabama, and climbing rickety stairs when I was about 4.

I had the same problem with steep narrow stairs in a house at the same age! I bounced down those stairs on my ass half a dozen times....probably chipped my tailbone one time because the next morning my legs didn't work...they feared I had polio. Plenty of attention and ice cream and I was up and around that night. :lol:

Most folks who fall any distance are dead from a heart attack before they hit. My Colorado brother and I were on a rock face once up outside of Nederland when a thunderstorm hit...lightning strikes all around us....air was total ozone....I gotta admit that one scared me....we both found crevices to get off the wall face and rode it out.

I had the same problem with steep narrow stairs in a house at the same age! I bounced down those stairs on my ass half a dozen times....probably chipped my tailbone one time because the next morning my legs didn't work...they feared I had polio. Plenty of attention and ice cream and I was up and around that night. :lol:

Most folks who fall any distance are dead from a heart attack before they hit. My Colorado brother and I were on a rock face once up outside of Nederland when a thunderstorm hit...lightning strikes all around us....air was total ozone....I gotta admit that one scared me....we both found crevices to get off the wall face and rode it out.
Correction, that would be Fleahop, Alabama.

Confederate ancestors had two stores/post offices, on called Kid, for a goat that lived there, and the other, Fleahop, from the fleas.

I think Kid still exists, Fleahop is just a community name near Eclectic, which is near Equality.

I think the old house is gone now.

I was at Mt. Evans this summer, when lightning started.

Hair stood on end as I hauled ass off that peak.

Most all of the weather west to the Pacific and east to the Mississippi River is made in the Colorado Rockies....storms come in so fast you can get in trouble if you're someplace you can't get to cover. I posted one YouTube vid back in BB of a guy setting up a camera to film an approaching storm about a mile off. He turned the camera on and went back to his truck for something....when he saw the footage that night he realized a lightning bolt had hit right where he'd been standing less than a minute before. I'd take that as a wake-up call from the Big Guy and change my ways pronto. :lol:

Most all of the weather west to the Pacific and east to the Mississippi River is made in the Colorado Rockies....storms come in so fast you can get in trouble if you're someplace you can't get to cover. I posted one YouTube vid back in BB of a guy setting up a camera to film an approaching storm about a mile off. He turned the camera on and went back to his truck for something....when he saw the footage that night he realized a lightning bolt had hit right where he'd been standing less than a minute before. I'd take that as a wake-up call from the Big Guy and change my ways pronto. :lol:
In the 60's, a friend was setting up for an outdoor rock concert, and heard thunder.

He turned to the guy next to him to say "That was close", and the guy was FRIED!!

Now, that is CLOSE!!!

Here is lightning density across the US...you're smack dab in the middle of it, Bro!

ltgflash_density_sm.jpg

Forum List

Back