Tacky or Not?

Is Regifting Tacky?

• Yes

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 85.7%

• Total voters
Gotta be careful about that stuff! I usually give them to good will or at a yard sale (whenever I have an energy for those, which has been about 2 or 3 times in my entire life!)

What are your thoughts on re-gifting?
It's funny. My brothers and I gave my grandpa the same fuitcake every year as a x-mas gift for a couple dozen years or so.

I hope he never eats it. How do you get it back from him to give it to him again next year?
Doesn't it get moldy?

No objection. Recent incidence of it came up this last Saturday. Made cupcakes for my sister-in-law who picking them up asked if she could share them with her ASPCA friends. No problem. Reason being I get happiness giving to her. If she eats them she gets some joy doing so, but she'll get more giving some away.

Figure every time 1 gift is regifted it's only adding to the sum joy put into circulation. :) The original giver of a gift gets say 1 unit of joy giving the gift. If the person keeps it, that's all there is. But if they regift it it adds another unit of joy.

8 cupcakes given is 2 people made happy. Me and my sister-in-law. But if she gives 7 away eating only 1, now 9 people are happy instead of just 2. :)

No objection. Recent incidence of it came up this last Saturday. Made cupcakes for my sister-in-law who picking them up asked if she could share them with her ASPCA friends. No problem. Reason being I get happiness giving to her. If she eats them she gets some joy doing so, but she'll get more giving some away.

Figure every time 1 gift is regifted it's only adding to the sum joy put into circulation. :) The original giver of a gift gets say 1 unit of joy giving the gift. If the person keeps it, that's all there is. But if they regift it it adds another unit of joy.

8 cupcakes given is 2 people made happy. Me and my sister-in-law. But if she gives 7 away eating only 1, now 9 people are happy instead of just 2. :)

my cupcakes stick to the muffin tin-------All I have is MILLIONS OF CRUMBS-----I can bring JOY TO WHOLE COUNTRIES

I think it's tacky yet acceptable on account of being logical. I dont ever do it, but I dont avoid it on purpose.

my cupcakes stick to the muffin tin-------All I have is MILLIONS OF CRUMBS-----I can bring JOY TO WHOLE COUNTRIES

What the paper cups are for. :) Discovered an easy fix for cookies not sticking. Tin foil. Prevent sthe undersides burning as well.

What the paper cups are for. :) Discovered an easy fix for cookies not sticking. Tin foil. Prevent sthe undersides burning as well.

thanks-------I will have to forego bringing joy to the planet's masses

To me, if it isn't done the right way, then yes. It was done to my mom once and my mom couldn't have been anymore insulted. She never did confront who gave the gift away and she didn't tell the person who got it in the end that she was the one who purchased it.

God bless you and my mom always!!!

Holly

P.S. In my opinion, if you are going to hand it off to another person, make sure that they are not connected to whoever gave to you in any way.

Forum List

Back