Syrian crisis: Facing decimation, Alawites deal blow to Bashar al-Assad

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
This might come as a surprise to many. However, the Alawites have to look out for themselves.

Syrian crisis: Facing decimation, Alawites deal blow to Bashar al-Assad
April 4 2016 - 2:12PM
  • Richard Spencer

London: Syrian President Bashar al-Assad is facing a new challenge, this time from within, as a group of religious leaders from his powerful Alawite sect threaten to abandon him.

In an unusual move, a group of Syrian "sheikhs" or religious leaders has circulated a document demanding a change in its relationship to the regime and "dissociating" itself from his leadership. Its authors showed London's The Daily Telegraph the document, and have also briefed European states on its contents. It is unclear how much support it is likely to have on the ground.

1459804249011.jpg

Syrian religious leaders have circulated a document dissociating themselves from the leadership of President Bashar al-Assad. Photo: SANA/AP
The authors, acting anonymously for fear of their security once back in Syria, said they had been forced to act because of the danger the sect was facing. Its young men have been the vanguard of Mr Assad's fighting forces, both in the army and in militias, but have had huge losses, amounting to a quarter of all the sect's men of fighting age, by some counts.

Many Alawites also fear possibly genocidal vengeance being wrought if Mr Assad is ultimately forced out by militant jihadists, who regard the Alawites as heretical as well as intrinsically tied to the regime.

1459743140984.jpg

Syrian soldiers flash the victory sign in the ancient city of Palmyra on Friday, where Islamic State forces have been ousted. Photo: AP
The sheikhs said they wanted to forge a new relationship with Syria's Sunni majority, and had reached out to its representatives.

Continue reading at:

'It could well pose a mortal blow to Assad': Alawites turn away from Syrian leader?

Some anonymous, unknown "religious leaders" claiming to represent 40 % of the Alawites in Syria issue an anti-Assad statement. Result: western propaganda.

Some anonymous, unknown "religious leaders" claiming to represent 40 % of the Alawites in Syria issue an anti-Assad statement. Result: western propaganda.

Do you actually know the religious leaders of the other 60^, Little Man, since it appears you are a know-it-all? If so, you go tell them to grab some reporter and tell him or her that the story of the Alawites not backing Assad and trying to hook up with the Sunnis is all false. When their story appears in print, I just know you will be happy to post the article here.

Meanwhile, even if it were only five to ten percent of the Alawites, it shows there is "dissension in the ranks."

Do you actually know the religious leaders of the other 60^, Little Man, since it appears you are a know-it-all? If so, you go tell them to grab some reporter and tell him or her that the story of the Alawites not backing Assad and trying to hook up with the Sunnis is all false. When their story appears in print, I just know you will be happy to post the article here.

Meanwhile, even if it were only five to ten percent of the Alawites, it shows there is "dissension in the ranks."
Nope. It is apparently a big hoax. All you have is a paper. No persons behind.

Facts:
Syria is a constitutional state and freedom of opinion is granted by the constitution.

Facts:
Syria is a constitutional state and freedom of opinion is granted by the constitution.

Really??? Maybe you can tell us why people have been thrown into prison for saying things against the regime.

So tell us the last time you have been in Syria speaking to Alawites living there? I am sure, Little Man, that everyone else on this forum who doesn't have a little mind like you realizes that so many news articles regardless of what they are about have people reporting things anonymously so as not to get into trouble.

Facts:

Really??? Maybe you can tell us why people have been thrown into prison for saying things against the regime.

So tell us the last time you have been in Syria speaking to Alawites living there? I am sure, Little Man, that everyone else on this forum who doesn't have a little mind like you realizes that so many news articles regardless of what they are about have people reporting things anonymously so as not to get into trouble.
Believe what you want.

Facts:

Believe what you want.

Of course I can believe it is the truth. You, sitting in your little room, have no way of knowing just how many Alawites are involved in this. I am sure all the readers have read articles where it is stated that a so and so person was speaking anonymously, even for just articles on what we would consider inconsequential things.

By the way, since you want us to think you know it all about what is happening in Syria, can you give us a number of men who have deserted the Army and those who have fled the country because they didn't want to be drafted?

Facts:

Believe what you want.

Of course I can believe it is the truth. You, sitting in your little room, have no way of knowing just how many Alawites are involved in this. I am sure all the readers have read articles where it is stated that a so and so person was speaking anonymously, even for just articles on what we would consider inconsequential things.

By the way, since you want us to think you know it all about what is happening in Syria, can you give us a number of men who have deserted the Army and those who have fled the country because they didn't want to be drafted?
Meanwhile the Sunni majority of the Syrian army fights terrorism.

Facts:

Believe what you want.

Seems to me that so many who were eligible to be drafted are no longer in Syria, but there appear to be a lot of mercenaries doing the job that the Syrians should be doing.

Facts:

Believe what you want.

Seems to me that so many who were eligible to be drafted are no longer in Syria, but there appear to be a lot of mercenaries doing the job that the Syrians should be doing.
Many Syrians fled gruesome terrorists and the war waged by them.

Believe what you want.

Actually in many interviews, the Syrians stated that they were escaping Assad's regime. You only read what you want to read.

Now if you are thinking of leaving your room and helping your boyfriend, I suggest you take a quick course in Farsi so that you can follow the orders of the Iranian commanders.

Believe what you want.

Actually in many interviews, the Syrians stated that they were escaping Assad's regime. You only read what you want to read.

Now if you are thinking of leaving your room and helping your boyfriend, I suggest you take a quick course in Farsi so that you can follow the orders of the Iranian commanders.
Sure. Do the interview fonts have the same color as the background?

When the Ass*ad arrived in presidency he killed or jailed many alaouites military chiefs like Salah Aljadid in Syria.

Forum List

Back