Syria To Be Bombed Within Days

This time they are saying there will be no boots on the ground... mainly cruise missile attacks.

"... indirectly assisting Al Qaeda."

indirectly?

We are working hand in hand with them.

After reading several of these threads, I am getting the distinct impression that both the left and the right posters here think intervention in Syria is a bad idea. Imagine that. Finally something political that everyone agrees on. It's gotta be a first in USMB history.

Which translates into attacking government installations... its all out war on Assad.

Yeah it's going to be a grand old time!! Maybe we can roast some weenies, throw back a few beers too while we celebrate the possible beginning of WWIII.

I personally think attacking Syria has no benefits whatsoever. I see some necessity in attacking Iran such as stopping its nuclear program and getting hold of its oil reserve. I do not see any such compulsion behind attacking Syria.

I personally think attacking Syria has no benefits whatsoever. I see some necessity in attacking Iran such as stopping its nuclear program and getting hold of its oil reserve. I do not see any such compulsion behind attacking Syria.

Rumor has it that Syria has to go before Iran can go.

This is what I have been waiting for with this situation. NATO, not just a few members should get involved in this situation.

"Barack Obama is unlikely to have much trouble mustering a Nato coalition of the willing if Washington opts for military intervention in Syria in response to the alleged chemical weapons atrocities by the Assad regime...

Turkey, which accounts for Nato's second largest army after the US, and which is on the frontline with Syria, bearing the brunt of the massive refugee crisis, is already a key conduit for arms supplies to, and a safe haven for, the sundry groups of fighters at war with Damascus.

It has been the loudest critic of the Assad regime, clamouring for the west to do more. In any international coalition Turkey would be likely to play a key role – with a potential impact on the country's own ethnic balance, especially the relations between the Sunni Muslim majority and the sizeable Alevi minority concentrated in the south near the Syrian border.

Britain and France, the EU's only military powers with the capacity and will to project military muscle abroad, look certain to line up with the US."

Nato members could act against Syria without UN mandate | World news | The Guardian

If NATO (especially Turkey) puts some bite behind their bark and we don't have to provide 95% of the force I could go for it. I beginning to believe this is eventually heading for Tehran.

Last edited:
Which translates into attacking government installations... its all out war on Assad.

Attacking chemical installations only!

This is an inconceivable and shocking crime committed against children and innocent civilians!! The international community has to do something about it!

This is an inconceivable and shocking crime committed against children and innocent civilians!! The international community has to do something about it!

cool----and blow chemicals all over the place.....

So what do you suggest then?

let children blow all over the place????

cool----and blow chemicals all over the place.....

So what do you suggest then?

let children blow all over the place????

So, we are going to war over chemical weapons!

Forum List

Back