Syria: bread prices up nearly 90 per cent, pushing more people into hunger, UN report warns

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
With all the fighting going on, one wonders how anyone can make it to a job to earn money to feed a family.

United Nations News Centre

with breaking news from the UN News Service

Syria: bread prices up nearly 90 per cent, pushing more people into hunger, UN report warns

Once a major contributor to Syria’s domestic economy and external trade, the livestock sector is gravely affected by the conflict. Photo: FAO/Tahseen Ayyash

Print

23 July 2015 – Syria’s food production in 2015 remains at 40 per cent below its pre-crisis levels, impacting the price of bread, which has spiralled by 87 per cent, and shrinking poultry production by half, according to a United Nations agency report released today that warns that “the risk of irreversible damage to the children is real, with tragic future consequences.”

“The evidence is clear: almost five years of conflict have destroyed the Syrian economy and the people’s ability to buy essentials like the food they need to survive,” said Arif Husain, chief economist of the UN World Food Programme (WFP).

The UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the World Food Programme (WFP) said in their special joint report based on a crop and food security assessment mission to Syria that the 2015 wheat crop is expected to be better than the 2014 drought stricken harvest, but is still 40 per cent lower than pre-conflict production levels and “will not lead to significant improvements in the overall household food security situation.

Continue reading at:

United Nations News Centre - Syria bread prices up nearly 90 per cent pushing more people into hunger UN report warns

Bread is now cheaper than 2012 (now 10 SYP, 19 cent per 1,5 kg, 25 SYP in 2012) in government controlled areas. Basic goods are subsidized by the government.

Bread is now cheaper than 2012 (now 10 SYP, 19 cent per 1,5 kg, 25 SYP in 2012) in government controlled areas. Basic goods are subsidized by the government.

Now the Little Boy is Syria's chief economist and knows all about consumer prices in Syria. Of course those UN members who are monitoring this particular situation in Syria know nothing. Maybe they, too, should take a time out for electroshock therapy so that they also will know what is going on in Syria.

With all the fighting going on, one wonders how anyone can make it to a job to earn money to feed a family.

United Nations News Centre

with breaking news from the UN News Service

Once a major contributor to Syria’s domestic economy and external trade, the livestock sector is gravely affected by the conflict. Photo: FAO/Tahseen Ayyash

Print

23 July 2015 – Syria’s food production in 2015 remains at 40 per cent below its pre-crisis levels, impacting the price of bread, which has spiralled by 87 per cent, and shrinking poultry production by half, according to a United Nations agency report released today that warns that “the risk of irreversible damage to the children is real, with tragic future consequences.”

“The evidence is clear: almost five years of conflict have destroyed the Syrian economy and the people’s ability to buy essentials like the food they need to survive,” said Arif Husain, chief economist of the UN World Food Programme (WFP).

The UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) and the World Food Programme (WFP) said in their special joint report based on a crop and food security assessment mission to Syria that the 2015 wheat crop is expected to be better than the 2014 drought stricken harvest, but is still 40 per cent lower than pre-conflict production levels and “will not lead to significant improvements in the overall household food security situation.

Continue reading at:

United Nations News Centre - Syria bread prices up nearly 90 per cent pushing more people into hunger UN report warns

Wheat production is down 40%

Now the Little Boy is Syria's chief economist and knows all about consumer prices in Syria. Of course those UN members who are monitoring this particular situation in Syria know nothing. Maybe they, too, should take a time out for electroshock therapy so that they also will know what is going on in Syria.
Why don´t you shut up and search your UN article for a bread price :rolleyes:

My dear Little Boy, you are not Syria's chief economist so why don't you be the one to shut up. If you can't shut up, at least volunteer to raise funds for the unfortunate Syrians who are hungry. The U.N. committee in charge of trying to bring aid to these people as well as people in other war-torn countries in the Middle East are running out of funds to help everyone.

As is stated at the end of the article.

“We worry about the continued displacement and its impact particularly on women and children,” said the WFP economist, Mr. Husain. “The risk of irreversible damage to the children is real, with tragic future consequences if this conflict lasts much longer.”

My dear Little Boy, you are not Syria's chief economist so why don't you be the one to shut up. If you can't shut up, at least volunteer to raise funds for the unfortunate Syrians who are hungry. The U.N. committee in charge of trying to bring aid to these people as well as people in other war-torn countries in the Middle East are running out of funds to help everyone.

“We worry about the continued displacement and its impact particularly on women and children,” said the WFP economist, Mr. Husain. “The risk of irreversible damage to the children is real, with tragic future consequences if this conflict lasts much longer.”
I asked you what is the bread price according to the UN. The UN says the Syrian government does a good job, Nusra doll:
UN official visits temporary housing centers in Damascus US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I asked you what is the bread price according to the UN. The UN says the Syrian government does a good job, Nusra doll:
UN official visits temporary housing centers in Damascus US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

The article stated about how the price of bread is up, Assad's favorite Schizo.. Do you really think these people can just go out and buy loaves of bread for their families without first considering what they can stop buying. By the way, why is this forum so important to you that you can't go to sleep? I can't think of anyone who stays up 24 hours to post on forums.

The article stated about how the price of bread is up, Assad's favorite Schizo.. Do you really think these people can just go out and buy loaves of bread for their families without first considering what they can stop buying. By the way, why is this forum so important to you that you can't go to sleep? I can't think of anyone who stays up 24 hours to post on forums.
And I said, the price of bread is very low due to government spending. You can read President Assad´s 2014 inauguration speech, in which he thanked the farmers for the good job they are doing. You have no clue what it takes to keep the country running under these conditions. Our governments would have flopped long ago, Nusra doll. I am up even 36 hours per day, by the way.

And I said, the price of bread is very low due to government spending. You can read President Assad´s 2014 inauguration speech, in which he thanked the farmers for the good job they are doing. You have no clue what it takes to keep the country running under these conditions. Our governments would have flopped long ago, Nusra doll. I am up even 36 hours per day, by the way.

Of course you are up 36 hours a day. It's nice of you to tell us that you have one of the characteristics of a schizo. And as a schizo you think you have the clue about what it takes to keep a country running under adverse conditions. Maybe Assad should appoint you as his Vice President. Meanwhile, I think I will take what the UN says about the cost of bread.

Of course you are up 36 hours a day. It's nice of you to tell us that you have one of the characteristics of a schizo. And as a schizo you think you have the clue about what it takes to keep a country running under adverse conditions. Maybe Assad should appoint you as his Vice President. Meanwhile, I think I will take what the UN says about the cost of bread.
Meanwhile, did you find out what the cost of bread is according to the UN, Nusra doll?

Meanwhile, did you find out what the cost of bread is according to the UN, Nusra doll?

I'll take what the UN says and realize that it is difficult for Syrians to feed their families. Now if only your beloved could have compromised at the very beginning, you wouldn't see conditions like this.

I'll take what the UN says and realize that it is difficult for Syrians to feed their families. Now if only your beloved could have compromised at the very beginning, you wouldn't see conditions like this.
There would be no bread at all and the various Islamist terror groups would have turned the entire country into their arena of human and stuff trafficking. Good that the Syrians support their government whose representatives cannot be compromised.

There would be no bread at all and the various Islamist terror groups would have turned the entire country into their arena of human and stuff trafficking. Good that the Syrians support their government whose representatives cannot be compromised.

Yes, that's right -- no compromise just mow down the protesters and plunge the country into a Civil War with so much chaos going on that a group like ISIS could start up.

Yes, that's right -- no compromise just mow down the protesters and plunge the country into a Civil War with so much chaos going on that a group like ISIS could start up.
So now Assad started the war? And ISIS is the result of that? Can you please form one single sentence without dirty lies?

Forum List

Back