Switching to Coors...

Funny thing about beer snobs is how low they'll go to insult those who don't agree...when it's really all a matter of taste (pun). The only truly HIDEOUS beer I've ever tried was Ranier from Washington state. It tastes rancid....I shook the empty can thinking there might be a dead roach inside it. One of the best beers I ever tried was Carling Black Label....another victim of the Molson empire along with Coors, Miller, and several other once-notable brews. A beer should taste like a beer, not blueberries or cinnamon.....Although I don't drink anymore, I still grab a six on occasion just to have it around....sometimes it's Corona or dos Equis or Pabst....never drank much beer with food but when I do, it's Coors.

Not all beer "snobs"...for me, I like craft beer for the variety and the fact that it is made honestly by everyday Joes's like you and I. Craft beer only makes approximately 8% of the beer America drinks, but employs 70% of all people working in the industry! And your money stays local. The corporate macro beers have corn and rice added to produce the alcohol cheaply. And that is why American corporate lagers MUST be cold or the taste is terrible.
I invite anyone who drinks the macro beers to try local beers, start with a blonde or light pale ale...when the glass warms - it will occur to you - "hey this beer still taste good".

The discussion is starting to wander into the direction of piss and animal male anatomy and, I suspect a bit of testosterone overload.

So to bring it back on topic...I like beer with flavor. My favorite is Old Peculiar. In part, because it featured in one of my favorite mystery series :p So I tried it and liked it.

American beer has greatly improved. Used to be like American bread, where the standard of perfection was Wonder Bread (blech)....I think this joke aptly describes what American beer was like...

Why is American beer like making love in a canoe?

It's fucking close to water!

:D

Well it IS a beer discussion. All you need is someone to bring up bacon and cigars and it will be complete!

coors - like most domestic beers (not including microbrews)

is piss water.

Joe Coors wouldn't unionize his brewery for years and the left has hated them ever since. I drank Coors Light (long necks) when I moved out west after a brief dalliance with Olympia. You should visit the Coors plant in Golden....it's like a NASA laboratory but in the guts of it are the 5 huge seamless copper vats that were made in Germany and dragged up to Golden by mule train in the late 1800's.
I have been to the brewery. Very interesting tour. Beer is gross though.

Just sayin...it is impossible to say "beer is gross" when there are literally 100's of styles and taste to choose from.
Unfortunately in America people equate "beer" as the watered down corn brew made by giant corporations. But that is NOT truly beer. Technically, by definition, it is...since the definition of beer is simply "an alcoholic drink made from malts and hops" - so in that wide definition, it is beer - but to anyone who knows anything about ACTUAL beer - it barely-barely is.
I guarantee there is not only one - but dozens of beers that you would like. And I would bet my house on it.

Just sayin...it is impossible to say "beer is gross" when there are literally 100's of styles and taste to choose from.
Unfortunately in America people equate "beer" as the watered down corn brew made by giant corporations. But that is NOT truly beer. Technically, by definition, it is...since the definition of beer is simply "an alcoholic drink made from malts and hops" - so in that wide definition, it is beer - but to anyone who knows anything about ACTUAL beer - it barely-barely is.
I guarantee there is not only one - but dozens of beers that you would like. And I would bet my house on it.

Lord help us, a microbrew nutjob.

There's sport drinking and there's appreciation drinking.

I know if I was out fishing all day I'd be out cold before three o'clock if I was drinking high alcohol craft beers.

We go to our local Brewery for those beer appreciation days.

I know if I was out fishing all day I'd be out cold before three o'clock if I was drinking high alcohol craft beers.

No doubt...but there are plenty of low alcohol lagers out there as well. But, yes, if you don't want to spend twice as much for something that may not matter to you (made with corn and owned by truly evil corporations) then there is nothing wrong with the corn brews.

No doubt...but there are plenty of low alcohol lagers out there as well. But, yes, if you don't want to spend twice as much for something that may not matter to you (made with corn and owned by truly evil corporations) then there is nothing wrong with the corn brews.

I dont carry glass bottles in the boat,and half the time you end up pouring the beer out because it got hot while you were occupied with fishing.
Besides,when I drink good beer I want it to have my attention.

Forum List

Back