Switching to Coors...

Keep your redneck low land low life missouri idiocy from this great progressive state.

Joe Coors wouldn't unionize his brewery for years and the left has hated them ever since. I drank Coors Light (long necks) when I moved out west after a brief dalliance with Olympia. You should visit the Coors plant in Golden....it's like a NASA laboratory but in the guts of it are the 5 huge seamless copper vats that were made in Germany and dragged up to Golden by mule train in the late 1800's.

One of these days...When I get out to Colorado, the mountains call to me.

I have been to the brewery. Very interesting tour. Beer is gross though.

Just sayin...it is impossible to say "beer is gross" when there are literally 100's of styles and taste to choose from.
Unfortunately in America people equate "beer" as the watered down corn brew made by giant corporations. But that is NOT truly beer. Technically, by definition, it is...since the definition of beer is simply "an alcoholic drink made from malts and hops" - so in that wide definition, it is beer - but to anyone who knows anything about ACTUAL beer - it barely-barely is.
I guarantee there is not only one - but dozens of beers that you would like. And I would bet my house on it.
While that may be true. The brands of beer I have tried have all tasted like crap so I don't drink beer.

The other day I read a list of beers the writer says are full of trans-fat and unhealthy and it was about half and half regular commercial beers and craft beers. I remember the tour guide at the Coors plant in Golden saying they don't use nearly as much rice in their beer as Budweiser. I can't stand Budweiser...drank it warm a few times in the RVN and the association stuck. At the end of the brewery tour we each had a pilsner of fresh-brewed Coors Banquet beer and it tasted a little green compared to what you buy at the Circle K. I guess it ages a bit between the brewery and the store. Remember, the more you drink, the less your taste buds, (not to mention your eyes; ie "beer goggles") work so after a couple, who knows, or cares, what it tastes like. Since beer dehydrates you, it's not smart to drink out in a boat on a hot summer day or any summer day here in the Arizona Sonoran Desert.

Last edited:
Bet you're wondering how this ended up in Politics.

Well...here ya go...I had no idea that liberals had decided to boycott Coors and Miller beers. As I am currently between beers and love to infuriate liberals...and I enjoyed an ice cold Coors Extra Gold back in the day...I'm making the switch back to Coors.

Miller has less sugar in it.

Beer has zero sugars that your body cannot easily metabolize.
What little sugars that the yeast did not eat during fermentation that are left are maltose, not fructose which is the dangerous sugars that you need to watch

I have been to the brewery. Very interesting tour. Beer is gross though.

Just sayin...it is impossible to say "beer is gross" when there are literally 100's of styles and taste to choose from.
Unfortunately in America people equate "beer" as the watered down corn brew made by giant corporations. But that is NOT truly beer. Technically, by definition, it is...since the definition of beer is simply "an alcoholic drink made from malts and hops" - so in that wide definition, it is beer - but to anyone who knows anything about ACTUAL beer - it barely-barely is.
I guarantee there is not only one - but dozens of beers that you would like. And I would bet my house on it.
While that may be true. The brands of beer I have tried have all tasted like crap so I don't drink beer.

I get it...I do. I wish you had a knowledgeable beer enthusiast to help you pick one out.
A beer that fits an individual usually surrounds their favorite flavors. For instance, if you are a chocolate/coffee lover - then Youngs Double Chocolate Ale, or Founders Breakfast Stout is highly likely to please you. Both are made with coffee and chocolate.
If you like sweets a lot, then a blonde ale with added lactose sugars and nitro I can't imagine you wouldn't like. Doesn't taste a thing like beer.
Or perhaps you like sour things, there is beer that taste exactly like Sweetheart candy.
The possibilities are endless.

i hated beer all my life- of course it was due to the fact that the beer available was nasty when i was a teen. coors & michelobe were the top line stuff, so i rarely drank it unless i was at a kegger.

when i was in my 40s. i started experimenting with microbeers & good overseas stuff. i found i like belgium beers the best. both pale ales & amber.

palm ale is my favorite. i'd rather pay top dollar for a good brew & not worry about a hangover.

2197H.png

i hated beer all my life- of course it was due to the fact that the beer available was nasty when i was a teen. coors & michelobe were the top line stuff, so i rarely drank it unless i was at a kegger.

when i was in my 40s. i started experimenting with microbeers & good overseas stuff. i found i like belgium beers the best. both pale ales & amber.

palm ale is my favorite. i'd rather pay top dollar for a good brew & not worry about a hangover.

2197H.png

A lot of corporate faux beer drinkers I know will say "I'm not spending $10 for a six pack when I can by a 15 pack for the same amount!...or, like you see several people saying here - "some can't afford the price of craft beer". I am always amused by that, since I see them buying 15 packs and I am buying a 6 pack.
They drink 3-5 beers at a sitting, or more...and I am drinking usually a MAX of 3. So in the end of course - they spend just as much.

Forum List

Back