Swiss Region Bans Burqas

motorcyclist-4770912.jpg

Yep, can't have people hiding their identity on the streets. Wait, it's LAW to do so in this case.

th

Better now?
It's law to wear a helmet hilts driving a motorcycle for safety reasons, but you cannot wear it into a bank or a gvmnt building, for security reasons. So your point was?

The point was you said you couldn't wear things in the street. So, in a bank you can't cover your head. Why isn't this the law? Why is it against the law to be wearing a burka in the street where people often cover their heads?
Are you seriously saying you don't understand why helmets are the law on motorcycles, that they are removed otherwise? Did you also miss me say that I don't think anyone should be covering their faces in public? Did you miss me say I'm not a lawmaker in Switzerland? If so, you should now be up to speed.

This doesn't have to do with safety, this has to do with logic.

You said no one should be covering their faces in public, THEN said that covering your face in public is done for safety reasons in some circumstances.

So, either you can or you can't cover your face in public.

What about Halloween? Is it not okay to cover your face at Halloween? Or any other time? Weddings? Costume parties and so on?
It isn't either or, and it doesn't have to be either or. Safety and security, for example are issues that form exceptions. Life isn't black and white, I don't know where you got the idea that it is.

No, not black and white, so when you have people dressing up for halloween, are they breaking the law or not?

It's law to wear a helmet hilts driving a motorcycle for safety reasons, but you cannot wear it into a bank or a gvmnt building, for security reasons. So your point was?

The point was you said you couldn't wear things in the street. So, in a bank you can't cover your head. Why isn't this the law? Why is it against the law to be wearing a burka in the street where people often cover their heads?
Are you seriously saying you don't understand why helmets are the law on motorcycles, that they are removed otherwise? Did you also miss me say that I don't think anyone should be covering their faces in public? Did you miss me say I'm not a lawmaker in Switzerland? If so, you should now be up to speed.

You said no one should be covering their faces in public, THEN said that covering your face in public is done for safety reasons in some circumstances.

What about Halloween? Is it not okay to cover your face at Halloween? Or any other time? Weddings? Costume parties and so on?
Oh good god. I'm never going to advocate that people riding motorcycles don't wear a helmet, and I already mentioned other exceptions, I'm not going to sit here and list them for you. Halloween? I really don't care :)

You don't care about Halloween. So, you're making an argument, and you just happen to ignore important issues about that argument.

Like, This is my global warming argument, but I don't care about temperatures. Hmm...
You really seem to have comprehension problems. I've clearly stated more than once that there are exceptions. Whether the Swiss or any other country would prioritise Halloween and make that an exception I know not, how would I? If I was asked to cast a vote on whether to allow people to wear masks on Halloween, it might depend on the state of alert of the country at that moment in relation to cities that are popular targets for mad murdering scumbags, don't you think? Not all grown ups are still babies, FW, maybe where you come from Halloween is more revered, but where I come from, I don't think the mask wearing or not would be a huge issue. To me it would be a complete non-issue. Safety above frivolity :).

It isn't either or, and it doesn't have to be either or. Safety and security, for example are issues that form exceptions. Life isn't black and white, I don't know where you got the idea that it is.

No, not black and white, so when you have people dressing up for halloween, are they breaking the law or not?
That would depend entirely on whether a law had been passed on that issue. Lol.

Oh good god. I'm never going to advocate that people riding motorcycles don't wear a helmet, and I already mentioned other exceptions, I'm not going to sit here and list them for you. Halloween? I really don't care :)

You don't care about Halloween. So, you're making an argument, and you just happen to ignore important issues about that argument.

Like, This is my global warming argument, but I don't care about temperatures. Hmm...
You know that Halloween isn't celebrated everywhere, right?

motorcyclist-4770912.jpg

Yep, can't have people hiding their identity on the streets. Wait, it's LAW to do so in this case.

th

Better now?

No, not black and white, so when you have people dressing up for Halloween, are they breaking the law or not? It's kind of important you know, six year olds getting arrested for dressing up doesn't go down well.

motorcyclist-4770912.jpg

th

Better now?

No, not black and white, so when you have people dressing up for Halloween, are they breaking the law or not? It's kind of important you know, six year olds getting arrested for dressing up doesn't go down well.

motorcyclist-4770912.jpg

th

Better now?

Comparing impermanent situations to women wearing beekeeper suits ALL THE TIME.

Fail.

So, it's okay if you go out and wear a Burka once, but not okay if you wear it every day? How do the police know you've worn it more than once?

Or do they have to arrest you to find out? Then they arrest kids on Halloween and make sure they don't do it again until they get arrested the next year?

Fail.

So, it's okay if you go out and wear a Burka once, but not okay if you wear it every day? How do the police know you've worn it more than once?

Or do they have to arrest you to find out? Then they arrest kids on Halloween and make sure they don't do it again until they get arrested the next year?

Your outlandish hypotheticals have nothing to do with the law that was passed or the reasons it was passed. It's you Leftists that celebrate movies like Vendetta in which terrorists hide behind masks. We consider masked miscreants as target practice for armed citizens. The only reason anyone wants to disguise themselves in public is to commit violence and it's better to follow the Golden Rule: Do unto Leftists before Leftists do unto you.

If you think a law would be passed against 6 year olds dressing up and that they'd be arrested you are even more stupid than I've been giving you credit for.

So good he said it thrice :lol:

In Turkey- detained for inflicting fear and panic in the public. Interesting choice of words regarding the effect of the burqa in view of what it can and has been used for, from Muslims themselves. Lol. Bye all :)

Burka-clad Turkish 'suicide bomber' turns out to be lover in disguise

Burka-clad Turkish 'suicide bomber' turns out to be lover in disguise

Turkish man detained as a suspected would-be suicide bomber in northern Turkey was actually wearing a burka to disguise himself to meet a secret lover, say reports

Niqab_3495332b.jpg

A woman wearing a niqab walks in an Abidjan street Photo: AFP/Getty

By AP

9:53PM GMT 08 Nov 2015

A Turkish man detained as a suspected would-be suicide bomber in northern Turkey was actually wearing a burka to disguise himself to meet a secret lover from a dating site, local media reported on Sunday.

Locals in the Black Sea province of Ordu alerted police of a "would-be suicide bomber" on Saturday after noticing that a burka-clad "woman" talking on the phone at a bus stop was wearing men's shoes, Dogan news agency said.

A police team arrived at the scene and "unmasked" the man, who was dressed in a full-length, Islamic-style black robe with a niqab – the head covering worn by many Muslim women – covering his face. Authorities detained him for "inflicting fear and panic in the public," Dogan reported.

The 33-year-old man, who is married with two children, told police that he had resorted to the burka disguise in order to secretly meet a woman he had met on an online dating site for the first time.

Turkey is on high alert after a series of deadly attacks blamed on the Islamic State jihadist group, including a massive twin suicide bombing at a peace rally in Ankara on October 10 that killed 102 people in the worst-ever terror attack in Turkey's history.

Good. Common sense. Ban the stupid thing in USA too. ASAP. Assimilate or get the Fork out. Can't take risk they not wearing big bomb underneath, too easy to hide.

Fri I heard a guy who encounters a weekly Muslim woman potluck group at his facility. He asks them how they can accept USA welfare yet despise USA? Answer "USA gives us nothing, only Allah gives to us".

Common sense is sadly lacking here in America and all over the world.

Every country should kick the Muslims out since they don't assimilate in any country they settle in.

Oh and tell that welfare collecting bitch if she doesn't like America then she should get her ass back to whatever shithole she came from that way Allah can provide for them in reality. Hope she isn't expecting much.

Fail.

Your outlandish hypotheticals have nothing to do with the law that was passed or the reasons it was passed. It's you Leftists that celebrate movies like Vendetta in which terrorists hide behind masks. We consider masked miscreants as target practice for armed citizens. The only reason anyone wants to disguise themselves in public is to commit violence and it's better to follow the Golden Rule: Do unto Leftists before Leftists do unto you.

Hypotheticals? You mean people don't cover their faces at Halloween? Of course they do.

You make a law banning people covering their faces in public, then NOBODY at ANY TIME can cover their faces.

So when it's cold they can't cover their faces, when it's party time they can't cover their faces.

Or should we be honest about things here. The law was passed because the people covering their faces are Muslims, and "fuck Muslims, we hate Muslims, Muslims don't have rights, fuck Muslims and fuck them again"

Right? That's all it's about, it's about Christians declaring their "superiority" over Muslims, making life for Muslims as difficult as possible and telling Muslims "FUCK YOU".

Nothing more than that.

If you think a law would be passed against 6 year olds dressing up and that they'd be arrested you are even more stupid than I've been giving you credit for.

Here's the thing.

When someone says NOBODY should be allowed in public with a covered face, what do you think they mean?

All of a sudden these are fine

th

th

M3S5602_0.jpg

Even though they are clearly covering their faces, but this isn't fine:

th

Why? Why do people tolerate people covering up their faces for one reason and not for another reason?

The main reason is that people want to target burkas because Muslims wear them, and now Muslims are the new enemy, so clearly anyone wearing them is a bad person.

It's got nothing to do with religion, therefore religious freedom remains intact.
It has everything to do with religion. It bans only Muslim garments. How many years before you get this?
But it isn't just a Muslim garment, Jews can't wear them either, not even tourists. You posted countless pic of Jewish women and heredi men covering their faces yesterday, it's not my fault you didn't foresee the implications of what you were doing. But again, I believe that no Jewish male or female and no Muslim female should wear a bit of cloth over their faces, and I'm sure the Swiss will be asking anyone from either affiliation to remove them in public, should either of them do so. I also think no one else should be covering their faces in public unless for the reasons stated earlier. I don't make the laws in Switzerland so there's nothing I can do about that part.

"I also think no one else should be covering their faces in public unless for the reasons stated earlier. "

"....New York Penal Law 240.35(4), it is illegal to congregate in public with two or more people while each wearing a mask or any face covering which disguises your identity."
http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2012/08/17/can_you_be_arrested_for_wearing_a_mask_in_nyc_.html

Here's the thing.

When someone says NOBODY should be allowed in public with a covered face, what do you think they mean?

th

th

M3S5602_0.jpg

th

Why? Why do people tolerate people covering up their faces for one reason and not for another reason?

The main reason is that people want to target burkas because Muslims wear them, and now Muslims are the new enemy, so clearly anyone wearing them is a bad person.

Wait....did you just say the West "targets" Muslims????????

Are you nuts????

Pick up paper, and get out once in a while.

Here's the thing.

th

th

M3S5602_0.jpg

th

Are you nuts????

Oh, no, the west doesn't target Muslims.

You can cover your face, you can cover your face, you can cover your face, you're Muslims, you can't.

No, the west doesn't target Muslims.

Here's the thing.

th

th

M3S5602_0.jpg

th

Are you nuts????

You can cover your face, you can cover your face, you can cover your face, you're Muslims, you can't.

Just last week in Paris Muslims "targeted" several hundred Infidels, you moron.

Perhaps you've heard of the 9/11 "targeting" in NYC?

Here's the thing.

th

th

M3S5602_0.jpg

th

Are you nuts????

Just last week in Paris Muslims "targeted" several hundred Infidels, you moron.

Perhaps you've heard of the 9/11 "targeting" in NYC?

So, what, six or seven EXTREMIST Muslims killed 160 people in Paris. NONE of them were WOMEN. None of them were wearing Burkas. And so, the response to this action is to prevent female Muslims wearing Burkas.

Okay... why?

In the US last year 14,249 people were murdered, perhaps we need to stop Americans covering their faces in public then, because, they killed a lot more than the attackers in Paris did. 39 people a day die. So let's find some reason that doesn't have anything to do with any of these murders and BAN IT to make ourselves feel good about it.

Forum List

Back