Sweden, femenists and Saudis

Vikrant

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2013
The U.S.
Sweden in particular Margot Wallstroem got some balls for taking on Saudis.

---

Stockholm: Sweden is seeking to quell an unprecedented diplomatic spat over human rights with Saudi Arabia which has seen ambassadors recalled and arms sales cancelled, drawing comparisons with Denmark`s Mohammed cartoons controversy.

Stockholm`s relations with Riyadh have nosedived since leftist Foreign Minister Margot Wallstroem told parliament in a February speech the oil-rich state was a "dictatorship" that violated women`s rights and whipped bloggers.

As Sweden faces growing criticism from the kingdom`s allies in the Middle East, Wallstroem`s detractors at home wonder whether the government thought through the consequences of denouncing the Gulf powerhouse.

Sweden feminist policy sparks major Saudi spat Zee News

Yes took guts, but its the truth, they are the worst monarchy around as far as I know. I think the women in SA are doing more in protest against the oppression, all the people in that country are oppressed and they still behead for the death penalty I have read. I can't believe the people are not protesting more, maybe they are and we don't hear about it.

---

Stockholm: Sweden is seeking to quell an unprecedented diplomatic spat over human rights with Saudi Arabia which has seen ambassadors recalled and arms sales cancelled, drawing comparisons with Denmark`s Mohammed cartoons controversy.

Stockholm`s relations with Riyadh have nosedived since leftist Foreign Minister Margot Wallstroem told parliament in a February speech the oil-rich state was a "dictatorship" that violated women`s rights and whipped bloggers.

As Sweden faces growing criticism from the kingdom`s allies in the Middle East, Wallstroem`s detractors at home wonder whether the government thought through the consequences of denouncing the Gulf powerhouse.

An excellent post. You did great. Really good. Very worthy and informative. It's much appreciated. We all need to pay close attention to this.

---

An excellent post. You did great. Really good. Very worthy and informative. It's much appreciated. We all need to pay close attention to this.

It is time for me to do some mountain biking. Have a nice day! I hope your news channel shows something that is least annoying to you.

---

It is time for me to do some mountain biking. Have a nice day! I hope your news channel shows something that is least annoying to you.
Yes, I can only hope. You never know what may happen. Enjoy your outing, be safe, and have fun. ... P.S. A Mod ( Westwall ) did contact me concerning our earlier exchange. I was informed to "let it go". I was also told that I was making a fool of myself. Amazing how this forum works. Anyway, have a nice day.

---

Yes, I can only hope. You never know what may happen. Enjoy your outing, be safe, and have fun. ... P.S. A Mod ( Westwall ) did contact me concerning our earlier exchange. I was informed to "let it go". I was also told that I was making a fool of myself. Amazing how this forum works. Anyway, have a nice day.

BTW, I did not complain about your callous post. But I am glad Westwall saw that post of yours because you were indeed making fool of yourself.

---

BTW, I did not complain about your callous post. But I am glad Westwall saw that post of yours because you were indeed making fool of yourself.
Are you now patting yourself on the back?........ simply pathetic............ let me know if you detect any concern on my part........... Westwall isn't GOD in the flesh ..... not even close............. anything else?

---

Are you now patting yourself on the back?........ simply pathetic............ let me know if you detect any concern on my part........... Westwall isn't GOD in the flesh ..... not even close............. anything else?

The level of immaturity and the way you are interpreting things suggest that something has gone haywire inside your cerebral cortex. There are so many posters on this board who are in their 60s but they act as if they are 9. It is tragic.

Last edited:

The level of immaturity and the way you are interpreting things suggest that something has gone haywire inside your cerebral cortex. There are so many posters on this board who are in their 60s but they act as if they are 9. It is tragic.
Cute .. very cute ........ please, continue........... I can tell that doing this gives you some pleasure ......hey, what about calling me ugly nasty names? .. would that make you feel better? ......... oh, go ahead, call me some names ...... I can handle it .......... or, maybe you have something else equally as cute as this recent comment .......... at any rate, don't stop ........ lay it on as thick as you can ...... I'm sure that you can come up with some real winners if you put your mind to it ............ I'll be waiting to read the latest round of slurs, slams, and any other attacks that you might come up with .............. please, don't disappoint me, this is good stuff.... I really enjoy it.

After a rare public criticism of its human rights record by Foreign Minister Margot Wallstrom, Saudi Arabia is at diplomatic war with Sweden. The kingdom blocked Wallstrom from speaking at an Arab League event, recalled its ambassador from Stockholm and stopped giving business visas to Swedish citizens. Sweden, for its part, has cancelled a major arms deal with the Saudis.

Saudi Arabia is a key U.S. ally, and official criticism of the kingdom is remarkably rare, despite Saudi Arabia's poor treatment of women and minorities, lack of tolerance for political discourse, and harsh punishments for apostasy and blasphemy. Many people are glad that a Western nation would take a stand for human rights in Saudi Arabia.

How Saudi Arabia turned Sweden s human rights criticisms into an attack on Islam - The Washington Post

(Reuters) - Saudi Arabia has decided to send its envoy back to Sweden, Saudi-owned Al Arabiya television said on Friday, in a move that will ease a diplomatic row over the Arab country's human rights record.

Sweden's foreign ministry could not confirm the news but said a Swedish envoy to Saudi Arabia had assured the Saudi King on Friday that recent comments from Foreign Minister Margot Wallstrom were not meant to insult Saudi Arabia or Islam.

"We hope to soon see the Saudi ambassador back in Stockholm and a return to normal relations between our countries", Wallstrom said in a statement.

Saudi Arabia withdrew its envoy earlier this month over Swedish criticism of the monarchy's treatment of women and dissidents.

In January, Wallstrom tweeted criticism of Saudi Arabia's flogging of human rights activist blogger Raif Badawi, calling it a "cruel attempt to silence modern forms of expression".

She has also criticized policies affecting women, who cannot drive cars and need permission from a male guardian for many decisions.

Riyadh then canceled a speech Wallstrom had been due to give to the League of Arab States, and Stockholm later ended a long-standing defense cooperation agreement with Saudi Arabia.

Saudi Arabia decides to restore ambassador to Sweden Al Arabiya TV Reuters

Instead of making an empty gesture towards Saudi Arabia, my recommendation would be for the Swedes to look at conditions in Malmö. They have no control over the Saudis, but they have abandoned sovereignty in certain sections within Sweden.

It strikes me as patently hypocritical for them to grandstand against Saudi Arabia while ignoring conditions for women at the hands of Islamists in their very own country.

Instead of making an empty gesture towards Saudi Arabia, my recommendation would be for the Swedes to look at conditions in Malmö. They have no control over the Saudis, but they have abandoned sovereignty in certain sections within Sweden.

It strikes me as patently hypocritical for them to grandstand against Saudi Arabia while ignoring conditions for women at the hands of Islamists in their very own country.

Sweden has not "abandoned soveregnty" in any of it's cities. Maybe you ought to check your facts first before spouting idiotic propoganda.

Forum List

Back