"Suspicious Device" found in car near Pentagon

[...]

I don't believe ALL muslims are terrorists....but how do you tell them apart???
You can't. The last one was an MD, a psychiatrist. Who would suspect him?

We need to get out of the Middle East and leave those people alone! Or the increasing level of fear will become so overpowering we eventually will welcome a totalitarian police state if it promises to put an end to "terrorism."

Terrorism is just a different way to fight a war. In this example it happens to be a very effective way because our anonymous enemy is ready and willing to die and we are not. And that difference amounts to one hell of a weapon.

Last edited:
[...]

We need to get out of the Middle East and leave those people alone! Or the increasing level of fear will become so overpowering we eventually will welcome a totalitarian police state if it promises to put an end to "terrorism."

Terrorism is just a different way to fight a war. In this example it happens to be a very effective way because our anonymous enemy is ready and willing to die and we are not. And that difference amounts to one hell of a weapon.

I agree...we need to bring ALL of our military home and out of the hell holes of the ME. My son has been there (Iraq) 3 times and he's said even tho we're doing a lot of good over there it's never going to make a difference unless we always keep a presence there. Once we're gone, their all just stupid enough to go back to the way they were.

But the biggest thing that got him was he never knew if the woman walking toward him had a gun under her robe, or if the little boy had a bomb strapped to him. So it's really difficult - how do you not wonder if every muslim that approaches you is a terrorist? You don't...

[...]

not to dash your little hopes, but we weren't "in" the middle east at the time of the first attack on the WTC.

just sayin'

jihadis were always going to be the biggest problem of the 21st century. experts were talking about it as far back as the late 70's.

you have this fantasy that if we're nice to terrorists, they'll love us.

that's a joke.

Thats nuts, I almost got a job at the Pentagon.

when i was in school i worked at 2 WTC.

It was a terrible ordeal for America but having worked ther must have been really frightening. I remember all I wanted to do that day was go home and hug my family.

i didn't work there at the time of the attack. it worked in midtown then. it was years earlier that i had worked there. but hugging was definitely on the agenda that day.

not to dash your little hopes, but we weren't "in" the middle east at the time of the first attack on the WTC.

just sayin'

jihadis were always going to be the biggest problem of the 21st century. experts were talking about it as far back as the late 70's.

you have this fantasy that if we're nice to terrorists, they'll love us.

that's a joke.
We might not have been directly and conspicuously in the Middle East prior to 9/11 but if you don't think, or if you'd like us to believe, that our presence was not powerfully manifest in Israel's aggression against the Palestinians perhaps getting it right from the horse's mouth might sway your pro-Israel bias:

The following is from a PBS Frontline interview with bin Laden in 1998. In it he plainly warns the U.S. that it's support of Israel will bring misery on our heads:

(Excerpt)

(Miller)... "What is the meaning of your call for Muslims to take arms against America in particular, and what is the message that you wish to send to the West in general?"

(bin Laden) "The call to wage war against America was made because America has spear-headed the crusade against the Islamic nation, sending tens of thousands of its troops to the land of the two Holy Mosques over and above its meddling in its affairs and its politics, and its support of the oppressive, corrupt and tyrannical regime that is in control. These are the reasons behind the singling out of America as a target. And not exempt of responsibility are those Western regimes whose presence in the region offers support to the American troops there. We know at least one reason behind the symbolic participation of the Western forces and that is to support the Jewish and Zionist plans for expansion of what is called the Greater Israel. Surely, their presence is not out of concern over their interests in the region. ... Their presence has no meaning save one and that is to offer support to the Jews in Palestine who are in need of their Christian brothers to achieve full control over the Arab Peninsula which they intend to make an important part of the so called Greater Israel. ..."

Who Is Bin Laden? - Interview With Osama Bin Laden (in May 1998) | Hunting Bin Laden | FRONTLINE | PBS

So you need to educate yourself as to why your country is willing to waste the lives of its people and drain its treasure in defense of the troublesome parasite nation, Israel, which has absolutely no relevance or importance to the U.S.

ah yes... it's the jews fault.

so what was the excuse for bombing subways in spain?

i'll let you ponder that...

but first you need to take off the anti-semite blinders and lack of understanding of this subject.

So you need to educate yourself as to why your country is willing to waste the lives of its people and drain its treasure in defense of the troublesome parasite nation, Israel, which has absolutely no relevance or importance to the U.S.
Poor terrorists. All they want to do is kill Jews. Is that so bad? :(

said in best harvey feirstein voice???

said in best harvey feirstein voice???
Right after he calls his ma. :lol:

[...]

There is something about the "If you don't do everything I want, When I want, I will Terrorize You" mentality that just doesn't add up. You are chasing your tail. You think that if we pull out of the Middle East, the Jihadist's will just pack up and go home? Really? Grow up. Islam is aggressive, you sticking your head in the sand, and council ling others to do so, serves what purpose exactly?

ah yes... it's the jews fault.
Osama bin Laden, the instigator, organizer and financier of the 9/11 attack had plainly laid out his grievance against the United States in that Frontline interview. If you interpret that warning to the U.S. as meaning the attack was the Jews' fault, I won't argue with you.

My grievance is with U.S.' continued support of Israel. You are free to interpret what I've said in any way you wish but the anti-Semitism lament in the face of any legitimate grievance gets pretty damn tiresome.

I've shown you what bin Laden said. There is nothing vague or equivocal about it. Does the fact that I've brought it to your attention mean I am anti-Semitic? Or is it anti-Semitic to tell the truth? It certainly seems that way.

so what was the excuse for bombing subways in spain?
You'll need to ask al Qaeda about that. My concern is with the U.S. and I know why the World Trade Center was attacked in 1993, because Ramseh Yousef told us:* It is our support of Israel! And I know why the World Trade Center was attacked in 2001 because Osama bin Laden told us: It is our support of Israel!

Is taking their respective words for doing what they did, anti-Semitic? Tell us why we should not believe them.

*On Ramseh Youssef:

". . . .So, then, what motivated him? Here, Mr. Reeve mistakenly argues that Yousef had no real ideology - no clear or definable political goals" and a generalized hatred of the United States. This analysis, however, overlooks Mr. Reeve's own plentiful evidence in "The New Jackals" that Yousef, who called himself "Pakistani by birth, Palestinian by choice," made anti-Zionism the core belief of his wretched existence.

In another note found on his computer, for example, he threatened more attacks on American targets "in response to the . . . assistance given to the Jewish State by the American government."

Yousef did have a clear and definable goal: the destruction of Israel. Finding Israeli installations too well defended, he attacked American ones instead. In short, he is an independent terrorist motivated by his hatred of Israel and Jews.

(Excerpted from Sunday Times Book Reviews article, by Jonathan Abbott, 9/4/94, p.21A)

So Mike, why do you council that the US , the most powerful country in the world, should kowtow to thugs who use terror as a weapon? We do NOT negotiate with terrorists PERIOD. That means the old " if you would stop supporting Israel we will stop killing your innocent people" routine isn't going to fly.

Not to mention, what kind of credibility would that give our country if we abandoned one of our staunchest allies because a bully threatened us?

[...]

There is something about the "If you don't do everything I want, When I want, I will Terrorize You" mentality that just doesn't add up.
What you've said here is patently and deliberately misleading, which I believe to be motivated by a genetic characteristic.

The grievance against the U.S. has been clearly specified by the perpetrators of all the terrorist activity we've suffered -- and it is not ". . .do everything I want, when I want." The fact is in every instance the provocation for the terrorist attacks has been our aggressive presence in the Middle East and/or our support of Israel. Can they be more specific than that?

You are chasing your tail. You think that if we pull out of the Middle East, the Jihadist's will just pack up and go home? Really? Grow up. Islam is aggressive, you sticking your head in the sand, and council ling others to do so, serves what purpose exactly?
If we withdraw our troops from the Middle East, and if we withdraw our support of Israel, there will be no motivation for any further terrorist actions against us. In fact the vast majority of the Muslim world will oppose any such action because they will fear retaliation.
Once the U.S. is out of the Middle East those people will go back to fighting with each other as they've done forever. And any further terrorist activity will be directed at their real enemy, Israel, which is none of our business.

I suspect you are just one more American Zionist Jew whose purpose is to promote continued support of your true homeland -- Israel.

So Mike, why do you council that the US , the most powerful country in the world, should kowtow to thugs who use terror as a weapon? We do NOT negotiate with terrorists PERIOD. That means the old " if you would stop supporting Israel we will stop killing your innocent people" routine isn't going to fly.

Not to mention, what kind of credibility would that give our country if we abandoned one of our staunchest allies because a bully threatened us?
Israel is not an "ally." Israel is a protectorate and you would do well to learn the difference between the two categories.

The U.S. has been protecting and supporting Israel since 1947 and doing so has cost us dearly in terms of blood and treasure. In return for that support what we've gotten from Israel is the attack on the USS Liberty, including the cold-blooded murder of our sailors, and the Jonathan Pollard espionage operation along with many other acts of spying against us.

In spite of those acts of brazen and flagrant treachery the American taxpayers have provided Israel with a $3 billion annual welfare check while many of our own financial concerns go begging. That figure does not include many billions of dollars more in forgiven loans and gifts of billions of dollars worth of military hardware. In return for all we've done for Israel can you tell us one thing Israel has ever done for the United States? You can't because there has been nothing.

If you believe Israel is an "ally," tell us how many Israeli boots are on the ground in Iraq and Afghanistan. There are Brits there. There are Germans there. Those are allies because that's what allies do.

Got it straight now?

Forum List

Back