"Suspicious Device" found in car near Pentagon

Israel is the worst enemy the United States as ever faced.

More duplicitous than the Soviet Union ever was.

And more of a terrorist threat than Al Qaeda will ever be.

When was the last time Jews blew up Americans, asshole?

If it doesn't fit in with the muzak, nobody does anything any more daveman...they are all androgynous plastic people with zero creed color race or religion apparently...:eusa_whistle:

* JUNE 17, 2011

Losing His Religion
A Pentagon terror scare and a media taboo.

There was a terror scare at the Pentagon this morning. As CBS News reports, it started when the U.S. Park Police "came upon" 22-year-old Yonathan Melaku wandering around Arlington National Cemetery, which was closed. "The Park Police then launched a search for a vehicle, which was found near the Pentagon."

A search of the car turned up "no suspicious items," but Melaku told the cops "that he was carrying explosive materials." They checked his backpack and "found what appeared to be an unknown quantity of ammonium nitrate," a chemical "that is widely used in fertilizers and can be used in explosives with the correct concentration."

We learn from the CBS story that Melaku is a lance corporal in the Marine Reserves. The Associated Press adds that he is a naturalized American citizen, originally from Ethiopia. CBS also reports that "Melaku was carrying a notebook that contained the phrases 'al Qaeda,' 'Taliban rules' and 'Mujahid defeated croatian forces' when he was detained," but "that the suspect is not thought to have been involved in a terrorist act or plot."

All of which raises an obvious question--but one that goes unanswered in the reports from CBS and AP, as well as others from ABC News and the Washington Post. We could only find one news organization that had the answer: Fox News Channel, which reports that Maliku is Muslim.

Now, it's possible that Fox simply got a scoop here, but our guess is that this fact was omitted from the other reports because of the politically correct taboo against making a connection between Islam and terrorism. It's analogous to the case we cited Monday in which the Chicago Tribune refused to mention the race of the members of "groups of youths" who had been attacking people in a downtown neighborhood, but it's worse. Whereas race is not necessarily relevant to the motive of the Chicago attacks, religion almost always is when a Muslim commits an act of terrorism or a related crime.

These politically correct strictures are not applied in a consistent or reciprocal fashion. If Maliku were a Christian and had been arrested outside an abortion clinic, you can bet his religion would have been widely reported. And the press sensationalizes "hate crimes" by whites against blacks or non-Muslims against Muslims.

One possible explanation is the man-bites-dog theory of news: that those types of crimes get more attention because they're unusual. But that doesn't hold up. Remember last August when a Muslim taxi driver was stabbed in New York? It was a sensational story that the New York Times used to further its narrative that anti-Muslim bigotry was behind opposition to the Ground Zero mosque. But the Times deeply buried the real man-bites-dog element: The suspect turned out to be a volunteer for a nonprofit that supported the mosque.

The typical justification for declining to identify criminal suspects as Muslim or black is that it is an effort to counter invidious stereotypes. We're not sure it is even effective at that. The day after the 2009 Fort Hood massacre, we were at a lunch when we received a news-alert email that eight people had been injured in a shooting at an Orlando, Fla., office building. We mentioned this to our table mates, and one asked: "Was it a Muslim?"

The email didn't say, but it turned out the attack fit a different stereotype: the disgruntled former employee going postal. When news organizations evade facts that fit what they see as undesirable stereotypes, they train news consumers to fill in the blanks even when the stereotypes do not apply.

more at
Losing His Religion - WSJ.com

[...]

I don't believe ALL muslims are terrorists....but how do you tell them apart???
You can't. The last one was an MD, a psychiatrist. Who would suspect him?

We need to get out of the Middle East and leave those people alone! Or the increasing level of fear will become so overpowering we eventually will welcome a totalitarian police state if it promises to put an end to "terrorism."

Terrorism is just a different way to fight a war. In this example it happens to be a very effective way because our anonymous enemy is ready and willing to die and we are not. And that difference amounts to one hell of a weapon.

I agree...we need to bring ALL of our military home and out of the hell holes of the ME. My son has been there (Iraq) 3 times and he's said even tho we're doing a lot of good over there it's never going to make a difference unless we always keep a presence there. Once we're gone, their all just stupid enough to go back to the way they were.

But the biggest thing that got him was he never knew if the woman walking toward him had a gun under her robe, or if the little boy had a bomb strapped to him. So it's really difficult - how do you not wonder if every muslim that approaches you is a terrorist? You don't...

Bringing them home is not gonna solve anything. And your son volunteered, so don't whine about it. My brothers volunteer, my friends volunteer.... I spend most of my life worrying about someone somewhere.... but that doesn't mean we should cut and run.

Pretending that everything will be fine if we just leave them alone is nothing short of ignorance.

Bringing them home is not gonna solve anything. And your son volunteered, so don't whine about it. My brothers volunteer, my friends volunteer.... I spend most of my life worrying about someone somewhere.... but that doesn't mean we should cut and run.

Pretending that everything will be fine if we just leave them alone is nothing short of ignorance.
Really? When exactly did Islamic hostility toward the U.S. begin?

(Excerpt)

Israel has, however, long been the epicentre of global conflicts. It is on the Israeli stage that the internecine horror between Islam and Judaism has been most bloodily played out and it could very well be considered the root of the hostilities between the West and the Muslim world. Islamic feeling towards the United States was amicable before 1948; Muslims were, after all, much freer to practise their religion in America than they were in countries like Egypt where the corrupt monarchy and British colonial presence smothered the populace; America also advertised herself as a nation of immigrants that welcomed Muslims with open arms. It was therefore with a sense of betrayal and surprise that the Muslims reacted to the U.S. support and sponsorship of Israel (a wealthy country which remains the largest recipient of U.S. foreign aid, receiving double what Egypt, the next largest beneficiary, receives.)

The nascent Jewish state in Israel ignited the anti-Semitic fuel laid down by Nazi propaganda and Christian proselytizers in the Arab world and it also irreversibly altered the way that Muslims saw the West. Lawrence Wright, in his history of al-Qa’ida, ‘The Looming Tower’ (2006) chronicles how Sayyid Qtub, the Egyptian writer whose works revived Salafism in the 1950s and gave birth to the modern fundamentalist Islamic threat, wrote, in response to President Harry Truman’s support for the relocation of Jews to Palestine:

Focus On: Israel/Palestine- A Gross Mistake | Wessex Scene

The simple fact is the U.S. never had any problems with Islamic peoples until we chose to aid the birth of Israel in 1947. That was a mistake which has come to haunt us.

Really? When exactly did Islamic hostility toward the U.S. begin?

(Excerpt)

Israel has, however, long been the epicentre of global conflicts. It is on the Israeli stage that the internecine horror between Islam and Judaism has been most bloodily played out and it could very well be considered the root of the hostilities between the West and the Muslim world. Islamic feeling towards the United States was amicable before 1948; Muslims were, after all, much freer to practise their religion in America than they were in countries like Egypt where the corrupt monarchy and British colonial presence smothered the populace; America also advertised herself as a nation of immigrants that welcomed Muslims with open arms. It was therefore with a sense of betrayal and surprise that the Muslims reacted to the U.S. support and sponsorship of Israel (a wealthy country which remains the largest recipient of U.S. foreign aid, receiving double what Egypt, the next largest beneficiary, receives.)

The nascent Jewish state in Israel ignited the anti-Semitic fuel laid down by Nazi propaganda and Christian proselytizers in the Arab world and it also irreversibly altered the way that Muslims saw the West. Lawrence Wright, in his history of al-Qa’ida, ‘The Looming Tower’ (2006) chronicles how Sayyid Qtub, the Egyptian writer whose works revived Salafism in the 1950s and gave birth to the modern fundamentalist Islamic threat, wrote, in response to President Harry Truman’s support for the relocation of Jews to Palestine:

Focus On: Israel/Palestine- A Gross Mistake | Wessex Scene

The simple fact is the U.S. never had any problems with Islamic peoples until we chose to aid the birth of Israel in 1947. That was a mistake which has come to haunt us.

I see, so their inability to handle reality, invalidates reality.........come on dude.

Israel is the worst enemy the United States as ever faced.

More duplicitous than the Soviet Union ever was.

And more of a terrorist threat than Al Qaeda will ever be.

When was the last time Jews blew up Americans, asshole?

If it doesn't fit in with the muzak, nobody does anything any more daveman...they are all androgynous plastic people with zero creed color race or religion apparently...:eusa_whistle:

* JUNE 17, 2011

Losing His Religion
A Pentagon terror scare and a media taboo.

There was a terror scare at the Pentagon this morning. As CBS News reports, it started when the U.S. Park Police "came upon" 22-year-old Yonathan Melaku wandering around Arlington National Cemetery, which was closed. "The Park Police then launched a search for a vehicle, which was found near the Pentagon."

A search of the car turned up "no suspicious items," but Melaku told the cops "that he was carrying explosive materials." They checked his backpack and "found what appeared to be an unknown quantity of ammonium nitrate," a chemical "that is widely used in fertilizers and can be used in explosives with the correct concentration."

We learn from the CBS story that Melaku is a lance corporal in the Marine Reserves. The Associated Press adds that he is a naturalized American citizen, originally from Ethiopia. CBS also reports that "Melaku was carrying a notebook that contained the phrases 'al Qaeda,' 'Taliban rules' and 'Mujahid defeated croatian forces' when he was detained," but "that the suspect is not thought to have been involved in a terrorist act or plot."

All of which raises an obvious question--but one that goes unanswered in the reports from CBS and AP, as well as others from ABC News and the Washington Post. We could only find one news organization that had the answer: Fox News Channel, which reports that Maliku is Muslim.

Now, it's possible that Fox simply got a scoop here, but our guess is that this fact was omitted from the other reports because of the politically correct taboo against making a connection between Islam and terrorism. It's analogous to the case we cited Monday in which the Chicago Tribune refused to mention the race of the members of "groups of youths" who had been attacking people in a downtown neighborhood, but it's worse. Whereas race is not necessarily relevant to the motive of the Chicago attacks, religion almost always is when a Muslim commits an act of terrorism or a related crime.

These politically correct strictures are not applied in a consistent or reciprocal fashion. If Maliku were a Christian and had been arrested outside an abortion clinic, you can bet his religion would have been widely reported. And the press sensationalizes "hate crimes" by whites against blacks or non-Muslims against Muslims.

One possible explanation is the man-bites-dog theory of news: that those types of crimes get more attention because they're unusual. But that doesn't hold up. Remember last August when a Muslim taxi driver was stabbed in New York? It was a sensational story that the New York Times used to further its narrative that anti-Muslim bigotry was behind opposition to the Ground Zero mosque. But the Times deeply buried the real man-bites-dog element: The suspect turned out to be a volunteer for a nonprofit that supported the mosque.

The typical justification for declining to identify criminal suspects as Muslim or black is that it is an effort to counter invidious stereotypes. We're not sure it is even effective at that. The day after the 2009 Fort Hood massacre, we were at a lunch when we received a news-alert email that eight people had been injured in a shooting at an Orlando, Fla., office building. We mentioned this to our table mates, and one asked: "Was it a Muslim?"

The email didn't say, but it turned out the attack fit a different stereotype: the disgruntled former employee going postal. When news organizations evade facts that fit what they see as undesirable stereotypes, they train news consumers to fill in the blanks even when the stereotypes do not apply.

more at
Losing His Religion - WSJ.com
Excellent article. :clap2: Outta rep, dang it.

The left really does think they can define reality, don't they?

When do you suppose they'll figure out they can't?

Hogwash MikelK. Google "Founding Fathers and Muslims"

The Barbary Pirates fired the first shot. And they were Muslim.

That happened a little bit before 1947, Mike. Sorry to burst your little Jew-hating bubble.

it doesn't matter, the ottoman empire, an area rife with fractious tribal cultures was broken up and successively delineated via intl. border by guys smoking fat ones and sniftiing brandy back in some smoke filled rooms in Europe for decades before Israel was hacked out of the Levant....so his reasoning doesn't fly.

Hogwash MikelK. Google "Founding Fathers and Muslims"

The Barbary Pirates fired the first shot. And they were Muslim.

That happened a little bit before 1947, Mike. Sorry to burst your little Jew-hating bubble.

it doesn't matter, the ottoman empire, an area rife with fractious tribal cultures was broken up and successively delineated via intl. border by guys smoking fat ones and sniftiing brandy back in some smoke filled rooms in Europe for decades before Israel was hacked out of the Levant....so his reasoning doesn't fly.
Jew-haters' reasoning never does. It's because they're irrational.

You can't. The last one was an MD, a psychiatrist. Who would suspect him?

We need to get out of the Middle East and leave those people alone! Or the increasing level of fear will become so overpowering we eventually will welcome a totalitarian police state if it promises to put an end to "terrorism."

Terrorism is just a different way to fight a war. In this example it happens to be a very effective way because our anonymous enemy is ready and willing to die and we are not. And that difference amounts to one hell of a weapon.

I agree...we need to bring ALL of our military home and out of the hell holes of the ME. My son has been there (Iraq) 3 times and he's said even tho we're doing a lot of good over there it's never going to make a difference unless we always keep a presence there. Once we're gone, their all just stupid enough to go back to the way they were.

But the biggest thing that got him was he never knew if the woman walking toward him had a gun under her robe, or if the little boy had a bomb strapped to him. So it's really difficult - how do you not wonder if every muslim that approaches you is a terrorist? You don't...

First, i was not whinning about my son. I'm very proud of what he's done and we've backed everything he's done...in fact he's training with Special Forces right now, he loves the Army. But he knows what it's like over there, and many of them believe if we ever leave it's going to go right back to where it was.
And i was just mentioning some of the reasons the war over there is so different than any other...you don't know who the enemy is. I'm not saying we need to cut and run, but they don't want us making a permanent presence there with our troups either. There needs to be a plan that isn't going to keep our troups there forever.

OK... every time I read this thread title, I think of SLF - so, why fight it?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwVT5Ys_64E]YouTube - ‪Riots Belfast - Stiff little Fingers - suspect device 80s‬‏[/ame]

ah yes... it's the jews fault.
Osama bin Laden, the instigator, organizer and financier of the 9/11 attack had plainly laid out his grievance against the United States in that Frontline interview. If you interpret that warning to the U.S. as meaning the attack was the Jews' fault, I won't argue with you.

My grievance is with U.S.' continued support of Israel. You are free to interpret what I've said in any way you wish but the anti-Semitism lament in the face of any legitimate grievance gets pretty damn tiresome.

I've shown you what bin Laden said. There is nothing vague or equivocal about it. Does the fact that I've brought it to your attention mean I am anti-Semitic? Or is it anti-Semitic to tell the truth? It certainly seems that way.

so what was the excuse for bombing subways in spain?
You'll need to ask al Qaeda about that. My concern is with the U.S. and I know why the World Trade Center was attacked in 1993, because Ramseh Yousef told us:* It is our support of Israel! And I know why the World Trade Center was attacked in 2001 because Osama bin Laden told us: It is our support of Israel!

Is taking their respective words for doing what they did, anti-Semitic? Tell us why we should not believe them.

*On Ramseh Youssef:

". . . .So, then, what motivated him? Here, Mr. Reeve mistakenly argues that Yousef had no real ideology - no clear or definable political goals" and a generalized hatred of the United States. This analysis, however, overlooks Mr. Reeve's own plentiful evidence in "The New Jackals" that Yousef, who called himself "Pakistani by birth, Palestinian by choice," made anti-Zionism the core belief of his wretched existence.

In another note found on his computer, for example, he threatened more attacks on American targets "in response to the . . . assistance given to the Jewish State by the American government."

Yousef did have a clear and definable goal: the destruction of Israel. Finding Israeli installations too well defended, he attacked American ones instead. In short, he is an independent terrorist motivated by his hatred of Israel and Jews.

(Excerpted from Sunday Times Book Reviews article, by Jonathan Abbott, 9/4/94, p.21A)

Mike, So far as I am concerned, NO ONE, Islamic or otherwise is going to tell the united States to cease its support of an ally. If Muslims insist on dictating the foreign policy of the United States, then that is an act of war, and we should respond with total war against those who try to thus blackmail our nation, until they agree to quit trying. If any (or all) of their co-reigionists want to join the party, then kill them too. I do not care how many of them we have to kill, whether it is a few, or every single one of them. We are going to show the world, where the 500 pound gorilla sits, and right now, there is only one 500 pound gorilla. This nation will not cave to terror, and most of us, I suspect, are not as soft as you. I don't care, if we have to kill a billion of them, or more; we are going to win this war. Whether or not that means the total elimination of Islam, is up to Islam. We have the means, and I suspect the majority of us have the will.

P.S. Where's Bin Laden now?

Last edited:
And the first nation to recognize the new country called the United States of America.

Was the muslim nation of Morocco in 1775

Yeah, thanks for that.

But what have you done for us lately?

:eusa_whistle:

This instance is the new excuse for islamophobia?

Wowzers

This INSTANCE?? This is at least the 3rd time! At least this one got caught before someone was killed!

Sure would be nice if some of you people who claim to be devote christians would stop ignoring Jesus's basic teachings.

It shouldn't take an atheist to have to put it in his signature to remind you guys, but thus I felt that I had to.

However did I miss this little gem? An atheist, cherry-picking a tent of a religion he admittedly doesn't believe in (but thinks most other people do) and suggesting that it be THE guideline for the policies of a Republic which he insists must maintain a strict separation between the affairs of the nation and ANY religion. All because it happens to suit his point of view at the moment. FAIL! Aside from the arrant hypocrisy dripping from it, that is about the most specious reasoning and line of argumentation I've seen in a while!

-Law enforcement and military sources say forensic evidence links Marine reservist Yonathan Melaku to last fall’s mysterious shootings at military targets around Northern Virginia, including the National Museum of the Marine Corps in Triangle.

Melaku, 22, sparked a security scare Friday after U.S. Park Police saw him in Arlington National Cemetery after dark. Authorities then found his red 2011 Nissan truck parked in a wooded area near the Pentagon, according to an FBI press release.

Forensic evidence found during the investigation links Melaku to five shootings at military targets last year, sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity told Prince William County VA - News, Weather, Sports, Entertainment, Obituaries | InsideNova.

Sources: Evidence links Pentagon scare suspect to fall military shootings | InsideNova

Nothing here folks. Move along. :evil:

-Law enforcement and military sources say forensic evidence links Marine reservist Yonathan Melaku to last fall’s mysterious shootings at military targets around Northern Virginia, including the National Museum of the Marine Corps in Triangle.

Melaku, 22, sparked a security scare Friday after U.S. Park Police saw him in Arlington National Cemetery after dark. Authorities then found his red 2011 Nissan truck parked in a wooded area near the Pentagon, according to an FBI press release.

Forensic evidence found during the investigation links Melaku to five shootings at military targets last year, sources who spoke on the condition of anonymity told Prince William County VA - News, Weather, Sports, Entertainment, Obituaries | InsideNova.

Sources: Evidence links Pentagon scare suspect to fall military shootings | InsideNova

Nothing here folks. Move along. :evil:
Pay no mind to the jihadi behind that curtain.

Forum List

Back