Susan Collins deeply concerned that Coney-Barrett is too indecisive!

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
:laugh2:

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Calling the Supreme Court nominee’s testimony “worrisome,” Senator Susan Collins said that she is concerned that Amy Coney Barrett is too indecisive to sit on the nation’s highest court.​
“When she was asked a question, she often appeared hesitant, evasive, and wishy-washy,” Collins said. “That’s no way for a person serving in a high government position to behave.”​
The Senator from Maine said that Barrett’s dithering verged on being “annoying and even aggravating.”​
“The American people deserve decisiveness from their public officials, not relentless shilly-shallying,” Collins said. “This is the sort of vacillating that makes people despise you.”​
Asked whether she would ultimately vote to confirm Barrett, Collins waited for a full minute before responding, “I am deeply troubled and concerned by what I have heard from her to date, but would need to hear more before I could come down one way or another on that.”​

funnycannot.jpg

So, in a political environment, a person when asked a question stopped to consider the question, its implications, and potential for a political trap, then weighted it against their moral and professional obligation, then chose to answer carefully This is what Susan Collins has a problem with? Amazing.

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Calling the Supreme Court nominee’s testimony “worrisome,” Senator Susan Collins said that she is concerned that Amy Coney Barrett is too indecisive to sit on the nation’s highest court.​
“When she was asked a question, she often appeared hesitant, evasive, and wishy-washy,” Collins said. “That’s no way for a person serving in a high government position to behave.”​
The Senator from Maine said that Barrett’s dithering verged on being “annoying and even aggravating.”​
“The American people deserve decisiveness from their public officials, not relentless shilly-shallying,” Collins said. “This is the sort of vacillating that makes people despise you.”​
Asked whether she would ultimately vote to confirm Barrett, Collins waited for a full minute before responding, “I am deeply troubled and concerned by what I have heard from her to date, but would need to hear more before I could come down one way or another on that.”​

:uhoh3: :uhoh3: :uhoh3:

So, in a political environment, a person when asked a question stopped to consider the question, its implications, and potential for a political trap, then weighted it against their moral and professional obligation, then chose to answer carefully This is what Susan Collins has a problem with? Amazing.
Her real problem is that she is facing reelection in a blue state.

Collins is her usual crap playing the middle.

Doesn't matter what she's concerned about... Bartlett will be confirmed

Collins is playing games-----she is on her way out and likely selling her vote. Dem puppet master will pay handsomely to keep barret out.

TRANSLATION: Susan Collins thinks she can profit from the sale of her vote.

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Calling the Supreme Court nominee’s testimony “worrisome,” Senator Susan Collins said that she is concerned that Amy Coney Barrett is too indecisive to sit on the nation’s highest court.

“When she was asked a question, she often appeared hesitant, evasive, and wishy-washy,” Collins said. “That’s no way for a person serving in a high government position to behave.”

The Senator from Maine said that Barrett’s dithering verged on being “annoying and even aggravating.”

“The American people deserve decisiveness from their public officials, not relentless shilly-shallying,” Collins said. “This is the sort of vacillating that makes people despise you.”

Asked whether she would ultimately vote to confirm Barrett, Collins waited for a full minute before responding, “I am deeply troubled and concerned by what I have heard from her to date, but would need to hear more before I could come down one way or another on that.”

Collins is playing games-----she is on her way out and likely selling her vote. Dem puppet master will pay handsomely to keep barret out.

It's an alleged "satire" piece.

Borowitz Report is less funny than pratfall "humor".

Her real problem is that she is facing reelection in a blue state.

ACB is highly popular with the people. It would deeply hurt Collins to vote against the judge.

Collins is going for a shake down, like she always does.

I'll bet you right now she wins reelection.

Oh to be sure she's selling her vote, though.

TRANSLATION: Susan Collins thinks she can profit from the sale of her vote.

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Calling the Supreme Court nominee’s testimony “worrisome,” Senator Susan Collins said that she is concerned that Amy Coney Barrett is too indecisive to sit on the nation’s highest court.

“When she was asked a question, she often appeared hesitant, evasive, and wishy-washy,” Collins said. “That’s no way for a person serving in a high government position to behave.”

The Senator from Maine said that Barrett’s dithering verged on being “annoying and even aggravating.”

“The American people deserve decisiveness from their public officials, not relentless shilly-shallying,” Collins said. “This is the sort of vacillating that makes people despise you.”

Asked whether she would ultimately vote to confirm Barrett, Collins waited for a full minute before responding, “I am deeply troubled and concerned by what I have heard from her to date, but would need to hear more before I could come down one way or another on that.”

It's an alleged "satire" piece.

Borowitz Report is less funny than pratfall "humor".
Thanks--missed it.

hahhahahahahahhaahh
ACB made those anti-ACB politicians all look like Neanderthals/monkeys/IDIOTS/etc

Last edited:

It's S-A-T-I-R-E dude. Susan Collins is wishy washy and Barrett is the QUEEN of wishy washy. Thankfully Susan gets flushed on 11-3. :)

RCP Average9/17 - 10/6----45.541.3Gideon +4.2
Pan Atlantic*10/2 - 10/6600 LV4.54740Gideon +7
Bangor Daily News*9/25 - 10/4466 LV--4443Gideon +1
Colby College*9/17 - 9/23847 LV3.44541Gideon +4
Boston Globe/Suffolk*9/17 - 9/20500 LV4.44641Gideon +5

Forum List

Back