Susan Collins puts Bolton book in her Amazon cart, but remains undecided about placing order!

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
:iyfyus.jpg:

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Senator Susan Collins has put John Bolton’s new book in her Amazon cart but is undecided about placing an order for it, Collins confirmed on Thursday.​
Speaking to reporters at the Senate, Collins called the decision to pull the trigger on the Bolton book “one of the most wrenching of my career.”​
“My computer’s cursor has hovered over the ‘Place your order’ button for hours without clicking on it,” she said. “This is not a decision I take lightly.”​
The Republican senator from Maine indicated that, even if she ultimately decides to buy Bolton’s book, she is leaving open the possibility of returning the book to Amazon.​
“All options are on the table,” she said.​
In her most revealing statement, Collins admitted that she has more than three hundred other items in her Amazon cart that she has yet to commit to buying.​
Those items include sunglasses, a hand mixer, several pairs of capri pants, and a beekeeping kit.​
Collins said that, although she is interested in pursuing beekeeping as a hobby, she is troubled and concerned about the behavior of bees.​

240196_rgb_768.jpg

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Senator Susan Collins has put John Bolton’s new book in her Amazon cart but is undecided about placing an order for it, Collins confirmed on Thursday.​
Speaking to reporters at the Senate, Collins called the decision to pull the trigger on the Bolton book “one of the most wrenching of my career.”​
“My computer’s cursor has hovered over the ‘Place your order’ button for hours without clicking on it,” she said. “This is not a decision I take lightly.”​
The Republican senator from Maine indicated that, even if she ultimately decides to buy Bolton’s book, she is leaving open the possibility of returning the book to Amazon.​
In her most revealing statement, Collins admitted that she has more than three hundred other items in her Amazon cart that she has yet to commit to buying.​
Those items include sunglasses, a hand mixer, several pairs of capri pants, and a beekeeping kit.​
Collins said that, although she is interested in pursuing beekeeping as a hobby, she is troubled and concerned about the behavior of bees.​

240196_rgb_768.jpg

Someone as high on the food chain as Sen. Collins should just call Bolton and ask him to send over a complimentary copy.

Much like the Onion, I don't have to go past the headlines for this stuff to crack me up. This one though got better and better as I read.

“All options are on the table,” she said.

Last edited:
Pompeo calls Bolton a ‘traitor,’ says book is full of ‘outright falsehoods’

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo accused John Bolton Thursday of lying in his forthcoming book about his stint at the White House, calling the former national security adviser a “traitor who damaged America.”

“I’ve not read the book, but from the excerpts I’ve seen published, John Bolton is spreading a number of lies, fully-spun half-truths, and outright falsehoods,” Pompeo said in a statement released Thursday evening with the headline, “I Was In The Room Too.”

The title is a spoof of Bolton’s memoir, “The Room Where It Happened.”

In the book, which is scheduled for release June 23, Bolton accuses President Donald Trump of abusing his power by attempting to strike deals with several foreign leaders aimed at helping his re-election chances. Bolton also alleges that Pompeo frequently bad-mouthed Trump behind his back, according to The New York Times.

Bolton wrote that during a meeting between Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in 2018, Pompeo slipped Bolton a note saying of Trump: “He is so full of shit.”

Pompeo went further in his statement, accusing Bolton of betraying his country.

“It is both sad and dangerous that John Bolton’s final public role is that of traitor who damaged America by violating his sacred trust with its people,” he said in the statement.

“To our friends around the world: you know that President Trump’s America is a force for good in the world,” Pompeo said.

The Trump administration sued Bolton on Tuesday to delay the release of the book, saying that it contained a slew of classified information. The lawsuit has not stopped portions of the book from becoming public. Bolton released an excerpt of a chapter from his book about China on Wednesday through The Wall Street Journal.

In the excerpt, Bolton alleged that Trump asked Chinese President Xi Jinping during a June 2019 meeting in Japan to buy soybeans and other crops from American farmers in order to help his reelection prospects. Bolton also claimed that Trump supported Xi’s use of concentration camps against Uighurs, a Muslim minority in China.

U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer responded Wednesday to Bolton’s claim about Trump’s plea to Xi to purchase agriculture products. He testified that he was in the meeting in question and that Bolton’s allegation was “completely crazy.”

Trump accused Bolton in interviews on Wednesday of lying about his White House tenure.

Oh please, a bigger Trump stooge than Mike Pompeo doesn't exist in this world. This Political Satire. Post your predictable Pompeo garbage in The Rubber Room. ;)

• Disagree
Reactions: 007

240196_rgb_768.jpg
Is she concerned or troubled?

Oh please, a bigger Trump stooge than Mike Pompeo doesn't exist in this world. This Political Satire. Post your predictable Pompeo garbage in The Rubber Room. ;)
Pompeo is not alone in his disdain for Bolton....Bolton didn't get his way...he wasn't able to turn Trump into a neocon and so this is his only way to get at Trump and make money too...but Bolton is not very smart...it doesn't take a brain to jump on the never Trump swamper express.....and he will blow it....one way or the other....

• Thanks

So the truth predictably TRIGGERED your precious little TDS snowflake ass... isn't that special... you poor little democrat cuck.

So the truth predictably TRIGGERED your precious little TDS snowflake ass... isn't that special... you poor little democrat cuck.

If you believe Mike Pompeo to be a truth teller, I really can't help. He says whatever Da Orange Mob Boss tells him to say.

• Disagree

If you believe Mike Pompeo to be a truth teller, I really can't help. He says whatever Da Orange Mob Boss tells him to say.
Need a tissue?

Need a tissue?

I'm saving mine for you on November 3rd. You're gonna need 'em ;)

Need a tissue?

I'm saving mine for you on November 3rd. You're gonna need 'em ;)
You poor little brain dead twat.

Forum List

Back