Supreme Ct. Justice Scalia predicts New Internment Camps

Exactly, just like Citizens United will not change how this country is run and how it will shift the power to the elite few.
Can't happen, it just cannot.
Right!

We should all feel concerned when we're being encouraged to ridicule cautionary tales.

"It can't happen" "It just can't"

Yeah, right.

Such does not deserve any attention .....irregardless---

Know what you could do if you wanted to sound REALLY stupid? Keep using the 'word' "irregardless." Keep up the good work, champ.

'Irregardless' is a libtard detector...........I have used it on various boards for years and invariably it is some clueless libtard who usually objects to it.

Now I know you think you are a republican and you are half right...you are a politically correct aka coinfused republican....the type that keeps allowing democrats to win the Presidency.

In a post I wrote a couple of weeks ago about overpriced Halo USB drives, I used the word "irregardless." And as these TalkBack posts show, it wasn't a very popular decision.
For example, one BoopieJones (awesome screen name notwithstanding) challenged the very existence of the word. Another reader, JustDenny, was noticeably shaken by the use of the word, e-shouting "oh no!!!" before noting that the word is a double-negative.
In response, I would like to say that "irregardless" is a word. It is, at least according to Merriam-Webster and Scrabble.
But I'm not going to stop there. No. I would also like to contend that "irregardless" is the baddest-ass word of all time. This is for several reasons, which I will now explain.
It's the only word where attaching the "ir-" prefix to the root word has the exact same meaning as the root word: Throwing an "ir-" in front of normal, less bad-ass words that begin with "R" changes the meaning to the opposite of the word. Irrefutable. Irreverent. Irrelevant. Irresponsible. Not "irregardless." It doesn't care what the rules of grammar are. It means exactly the same thing as "regardless," and that's the way it likes it.
Against all odds, against all logic, and (ir)regardless of everyone hating it, it has achieved official word status: How can you not pull for the underdog in this case? "Irregardless" went up against the rules of grammar, stick-by-the-book lexicographers, and the fact that it's a completely redundant word. Didn't matter. Whatever didn't kill it made it stronger. It's the hardest-working word in the dictionary, and it should have earned your respect by now.
Even though it's a word, Merriam-Webster says you shouldn't use it: Can you name another word in the dictionary that the dictionary says you shouldn't use? Even really bad swear words don't have a dictionary-imposed boycott. That just makes me want to use it more.
It simultaneously makes sense and doesn't make sense: You can think of the word in one of two ways: (1) it should mean the opposite of "regardless," or something along the lines of "keeping the facts in regard," or (2) it could mean "regardless of the fact that something is regardless." The latter of the two is like double-super regardless, and it's the meaning I prefer. "Irregardless" really, really doesn't care what the facts are or what you think. It should only be used in extreme circumstances, such as when a course of action is ridiculously counterintuitive. "Irregardless of the fact that you are very thirsty, you should eat this pile of salt." Stuff like that.
It practices what it preaches: Irregardless of the rules of grammar, "irregardless" is a word. It's self-reflexive. It's the exception that proves the rule. It talks the talk and walks the walk. Is there another word like that? No, because "irregardless" is bad-ass. It is a text-based Chuck Norris, roundhouse-kicking everything else in the dictionary into submission.
If you think about it long enough, it will blow your mind: It's the Mobius Strip of words, but it's also packed with Eminem's aggressively apathetic attitude. It's completely unique, completely confusing, and it couldn't give a rat's ass about any of that. It just is what it is. If you don't like it Chump, don't use it.
So that's my argument. I think "irregardless" should be embraced and celebrated. And damn it, I'm going to use it every chance I get.

Could the founding fathers foresaw the fact that in 1941 Ameica's [sic] west [sic] coast would be the host to thousands of Japanese whose kinsmen would launch a devastating attack on America?

"Kinsmen"? Was every American of German descent a "kinsman" of the Nazis?

If you bothered to consult a dictionary when you are not sure what a woid means....you could avoid coming on here and demonstrating your ignorance.

From The Free Online Dictionary
kins·man (kĭnz′mən)
n.
A man sharing the same racial, cultural, or national background as another.

Got dat chump? Try and do better next time. geeeezzzzzzzzzzzz where do these morons come from? I am beginning to think unkotare is one of the mud people.

but it was still a concentration camp.

and invention of the left. and mastered by the left -

As usual.

What is usual that dumbasses want to battle with the political opposition even when matters of National Security are at stake....one would think that these morons would understand that Republicans and Democrats are all in the same boat when America is being threatened or attacked.....one big reason we were able to defeat the combined mights of Nazi Germany, Imperial Japan and Fascist Italy in a few short years was because the country united and fought the war together...there was no bickering about democrats this or republicans that....it was 'praise the Lord and pass the ammunition'....these idiots that want to divide the nation via sectarian disputes need to wise up.

Could the founding fathers foresaw the fact that in 1941 Ameica's [sic] west [sic] coast would be the host to thousands of Japanese whose kinsmen would launch a devastating attack on America?

If you bothered to consult a dictionary when you are not sure what a woid [sic] means.....

I will if that ever happens. Now answer the question, idiot.

If you bothered to consult a dictionary when you are not sure what a woid [sic] means.....

I will if that ever happens. Now answer the question, idiot.

What part of the following could you not understand?

If you bothered to consult a dictionary when you are not sure what a woid means....you could avoid coming on here and demonstrating your ignorance.

From The Free Online Dictionary
kins·man (kĭnz′mən)
n.
A man sharing the same racial, cultural, or national background as another.

Got dat chump? Try and do better next time. geeeezzzzzzzzzzzz where do these morons come from? I am beginning to think unkotare is one of the mud people.

Know what you could do if you wanted to sound REALLY stupid? Keep using the 'word' "irregardless." Keep up the good work, champ.

'Irregardless' is a libtard detector............

No, it's an idiot detector, and it has detected you - idiot.

If you are unable to upgrade your posts and very quickly I will have to put you on ignore....I cannot tolerate consistent childish banter.

Of course it can and will happen again. Can the American people be frightened again by the unknown, will the American people try to create conditions where they might feel safer and so on? Look at the fear expressed on these boards, the dire predications. To have fear and want to remove the fear is part of the human condition and will happen again. Fortunately, in the United States the fear is somewhat controlled and with strong leadership can be short and temporary. The real danger is the leadership uses the fear to create more fear and bingo we can have real problems. Think of what some leaders could have done with that fear. Looking back at that period now in the calm cool of the evening it is hard to understand, but the fear was real, sort of an Elm Street thing but it was a controlled fear, and as soon as the fear receded the camps began to close.
I was in a graduate history class right after the war and one of the assignments was to study that episode and determine the politicial motivations behind the camps and the personal gain that ensued. All done by the use of fear.

All the claptrap about you have nothing to fear but fear itself....is bulshite...that is the short and sweet of it.

There was much to fear in WWII....the war with Japan was sucessful but many forget or never new that our fate was not certain in the early days of the war...by good strategy, good fighting men and a willingness to declare unconditional war we prevailed...but that was far from certain in the beginning....and to try and use the benefit of hindsight to condemn Roosevelt's policy as being the result of unwarranted fear is nothing but stupidity at its best....you undoubtedly are a victim of the political correctness that dominates academia....the man on the street understood all this much better than some candidate for a doctoral degree...it is all about reality and academia in their ivory towers are far removed from reality. Deal wid it chump.

No one mentioned unwarrented fear, well maybe FDR, but there is fear, and fear can be used to make wars and political policy, and politicians use it for both. As for the acadamia, that came some years after my stint in the SW Pacific as a rifleman.

The government has been preparing some time now for the mass arrest of Americans....if you had kept up on here you would know that already.

We are on the verge of massive civil unrest...which will necessitate internment camps for thousands and thousands.

You are one pathetically credulous idiot for believing that.

Anyone stupid enough to drink Alex Jones' piss deserves to be lied to.

Last edited:
To call the 'relocation camps' in America Concentration Camps conjures up images of Nazi Camps for Jews....nothing could be further from the truth.

What was life like for the Japanese in these Relocation Centers?

https://sites.google.com/a/griswoldschools.org/internment-camps/home/what-was-life-like-in-internment-camps

it was a concentration camp-lite.

but it was still a concentration camp.

and invention of the left. and mastered by the left - hardcore, lite and intermediate.

It was certainly close to a concentration camp. A fellow artist I know was in one as a child. Times were different, people were different, Americans were different. If my friend's family had not been put into that camp, their neighbors would likely have murdered the whole family. One of the reasons for the camps was the knowledge that the Japanese had already embedded sleepers in the Japanese community. Just like the agents who directed the Japanese planes to Pearl Harbor. Another reason for the camps was to keep furious Americans from turning on the Japanese who lived among them.

that was certainly the justification, but that does not changes the methods of the left, which are ALWAYS the same.

They just are incapable of thinking in a different manner.

Forum List

Back