Supreme Court sides with private schools.

And again, I agree with the court. The government can not discriminate.

Supreme Court Rules State's Denial Of Funding For Religious Schools Violates Constitution

actually, just to be technical, it agreed with parents wanting to get a credit for sending their kids to a private school but were denied the credit because the school was religious.

It covers all private schools...........including religious ones.

the original law was for a credit for private schools, but the credit was denied if the school was a religious private school.

School choice lives! That is a good thing for the poor and minorities. It gives parents the opportunity to get their children out of failed public schools.

Well...I was going to come in here and say... "Separation between Religion and the Government." Then I read:

“A State need not subsidize private education. But once a State decides to do so, it cannot disqualify some private schools solely because they are religious," Roberts wrote in the court's opinion.

OH... ok. Nevermind. I agree.

Supreme Court Rules State's Denial Of Funding For Religious Schools Violates Constitution

actually, just to be technical, it agreed with parents wanting to get a credit for sending their kids to a private school but were denied the credit because the school was religious.

the original law was for a credit for private schools, but the credit was denied if the school was a religious private school.
Wow that was the original law?

This is a no brainier

Wow that was the original law?

This is a no brainier

Part of the State's constitution mandated this, but the SC said that the federal constitution overrides that.

I can't believe it was a 5-4 ruling. This was a no brainier.

It is unfortunate that those who generally rule against discrimination ruled for discrimination.
Discriminating against Christians is the hallmark of the fascist leftwingers.

Based upon the discriminatory actions of "Christians" over the years one can understand the concerns.

I am a Christian and I support this ruling but I am also concerned with the way federal money will be used. There is nothing "Fascist" about that. If a Christian school starts discriminating I would support the removal of the money. I don't want to see federal money going to promote hate.

Private schools (non-religious and religious) are the only salvation for those parents in most American cities who want their children to be educated in an orderly and peaceful environment that is not dominated by violent "students."

As this country continues its leftward shift, I have no doubt that a future Supreme Court will allow states to abolish all private schools in the name of "diversity."

Private schools (non-religious and religious) are the only salvation for those parents in most American cities who want their children to be educated in an orderly and peaceful environment that is not dominated by violent "students."

As this country continues its leftward shift, I have no doubt that a future Supreme Court will allow states to abolish all private schools in the name of "diversity."

No they won't.

It gives parents the opportunity to get their children out of failed public schools.

Gives white parents an opportunity to flee minority districts
The irony...the initial premise of "school choice" was for poor families in crappy schools to have a choice, but by far those utilizing it are wealthier suburbanites wanting tax payers to subsidize private schooling. I oppose that unless the school is truly a failing school academically.

I wonder if the Nuns are still cracking kids on the knuckles for writing left-handed?

Forum List

Back