Supreme Court rules signatures are Public!

Sangha, Yurt's argumentation (reflective of several reactionaries and a few leftists here) depends on the force of immoral stubbornness. He can't provide an argument for burden of proof, so he keeps asking a question, demanding others refute his "evidence". He never has posted evidence other than he says he disagrees with SCOTUS, so who cares? Point out his failure enough times, he will start crying and saying others are ad homing him, then he will start neg repping. He has done this before simply because he is incapable of arguing. This is nothing new for Yurt.

I agree. I have asked Yurt for evidence that any part of the legislative process has a legal garauntee of privacy.

So far, I've gotten zippo from Yurt.

It's typical of conservatives. They have no principles and no moral center. The only concept they consistently adhere to is short-term self-interest, which is why they will say anything to avoid admitting they are wrong.

its cute how you're claiming the vote is not part of the legislative process here....apparently the signatures required to get something on the ballot for a vote is purely legislative, YET, the actual end result, the voting is not

illogical

That's why no one is arguing that "only the signatures are part of the legislative process"

Once again, you have shown no evidence that the legislative process is private

They can't make that public because elections are private.

Then, asode from the vote, which parts of the legislative process are public, and more importantly, what factual evidence do you have to support your claims?

So far, you haven't been posting any facts to support your argument.

post 126...show me where the votes at the ballot box for the referendum are public...i am not aware the vote is public....

if the vote is public, it makes no sense to make the signatures private

Again, the electoral process is private. If the govt released the names of people who voted for a referendum, they would be releasing private info about who participated in the electoral process which, in the hopes it may someday sink in, IS PRIVATE!!!!

why then are signatures, which seek to put something to VOTE, not private? its part and parcel of the same process...hopefully this will one day sink in

just to make sure we are absolutely clear here sangha....the entire process, including the petition signatures is part of the electoral process:

(c)
The State’s interest in preserving the integrity of the electoral process suffices to defeat the argument that the PRA is unconstitu-tional with respect to referendum petitions in general

http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/09pdf/09-559.pdf

you should read the case so you can discuss this more fully with me as it seems you keep getting your "terms" confused

Then this answers your question, Yurt. I just wanted you to put it out there clearly. Your evidence supports the opposite of what you believe. And no where does SCOTUS suggest that the actual voting should be public. Only you do, and you do not count.

Then this answers your question, Yurt. I just wanted you to put it out there clearly. Your evidence supports the opposite of what you believe. And no where does SCOTUS suggest that the actual voting should be public. Only you do, and you do not count.

this is why it is worthless discussing anything with you

i never once said voting should be public...you're nothing but a liar jake

and it doesn't answer my question...if you can't actually discuss or debate this, i don't see any reason to further this discussion with you, at least sangha gives his thoughts and reasons, you do neither

Yurt made an indefensible false comparison between petitions and actual voting, couldn't support it, got called out, started whining, neg repped those who laughed at him, kept whining, and wonders why everybody continually kicks his metaphorical tail end here on the board.

Yurt, you made a claim you can't support.

Yurt made an indefensible false comparison between petitions and actual voting, couldn't support it, got called out, started whining, neg repped those who laughed at him, kept whining, and wonders why everybody continually kicks his metaphorical tail end here on the board.

Yurt, you made a claim you can't support.

why do you lie so much? even scotus says both are part of the election process...i linked to that and if you actually read the decision, you would know that...thus, the comparison is absolutely valid, it is actually you who can't show there is a difference

its cute how you're so insecure that all you can prattle about is how people kick my ass, how wrong i am, yet you can't actually explain why or how

why do i even bother with intellectual midgets like you, my bad

Yurt shows his insecurity by his whining.

Yurt, your premise is false and you have not supported it other than that is what you believe.

Very nicely, who cares? That is why no one takes you seriously.

Big Fitz continually shows his ignorant bias. Washington and Hancock were wealthy while most of the patriots were small bourgeois. Many of the Loyalists were politicians, landowners, some quite well off, and generally the far conservative establishment. The Loyalists supported Big Business like the East India Company and the tea monopoly, while the patriots opposed it. None of the Founders (possible exception of Hamilton) would have tolerated the influence of corporatists on government. Madison considered the influence of wealth on government the single greatest danger to the Republic. He was right. Big Meow does not know that is espousing the argument of Beard, the leftist. How funny.

I watch to see what stupid thing Big Meow will do next, and then I don't do that thing.

^ here is jake actually making an argument backed up with what he considers facts....ad homs included, but that is ok....i don't care about ad homs, as long as a cogent debate is made....

all you have to do is go back in this thread and see that jake actually never made one single argument backed up with facts....

all he has done is whine about yurt being wrong, getting his ass kicked, not providing facts etc....not one single rational thought or counter to what i said, save for, yurt is wrong and getting his ass kicked

until jake actually produces a cogent thought on this topic, it is worthless to discuss anything with jake about this topic

Jake does not have to make any argument until Yurt posts evidence for his premise. Yurt has whined, got his face smeared in his own argument, and cries like a baby. Yurt, once again, post evidence, man. The only link you gave was to SCOTUS, which does not support your premise. You have to support your premise with something. You have not done that. Fail.

Jake does not have to make any argument until Yurt posts evidence for his premise. Yurt has whined, got his face smeared in his own argument, and cries like a baby. Yurt, once again, post evidence, man. The only link you gave was to SCOTUS, which does not support your premise. You have to support your premise with something. You have not done that. Fail.

:cuckoo:

apparently jokey thinks every scotus decision is correct and should never be overturned....what a pity for him

its obvious he can't actually discuss this issue....psssssssssssst...people can disagree and discuss scotus decisions...it has nothing to do with evidence, its called grown up talk...something you have zero knowledge of...its a pretty sad day when sanghra kicked your ass in debating this one

:lol:

You gave your opinion, but it is irrelevant to the discussion if you can't offer something more than that.

That's what adult talk is about, Yurt.

Forum List

Back