Supreme Court hears arguments on Trump's Tax Records

All of the actual crimes were Non-Trump related -

Personal Bank Fraud
Personal tax evasion
Personal Taxi Medallion Fraud.

Then we both agree that Congress is deliberately making the tax code so complex that it becomes easy for them to use the IRS as a political weapon. They can in essence use the IRS to go after political opponents while ignoring political allies. I identify the problem not as rich families trying to weaken the IRS, but as Congresscritters using its power to further their own goals
I identify rich families as the predominant reason why Congress is deliberately making the tax code so complex. Most people in congress spend hours every day "dialing for dollars", and they are not calling middle and working class voters; they are calling those who've enjoyed the lion's share of the economic gains over the past forty years.
1-13-20pov-f1.png

A Guide to Statistics on Historical Trends in Income Inequality

Personal Bank Fraud
Personal tax evasion
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...226ff2-fcbf-11e8-83c0-b06139e540e5_story.html

"Cohen pleaded guilty in two separate cases.

"One was brought by Mueller, over Cohen’s lies to Congress about a possible Trump Tower project in Moscow that he pursued in the heat of Trump’s presidential campaign.

"The other was brought by federal prosecutors in New York over tax and bank fraud allegations, as well as campaign finance violations..."

"In his appeal for leniency, Cohen, dressed in a charcoal suit and light blue tie, denounced what he called his own weakness in the service of his former boss, the president.

"'I stand before your honor humbly and painfully aware that we are here today for one reason, because of my actions that I pled guilty to,' Cohen said. 'I take full responsibility for each act that I pled guilty to, the personal ones to me and those involving the president of the United States of America.'"

Personal Bank Fraud
Personal tax evasion
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...226ff2-fcbf-11e8-83c0-b06139e540e5_story.html

"Cohen pleaded guilty in two separate cases.

"One was brought by Mueller, over Cohen’s lies to Congress about a possible Trump Tower project in Moscow that he pursued in the heat of Trump’s presidential campaign.

"The other was brought by federal prosecutors in New York over tax and bank fraud allegations, as well as campaign finance violations..."

"In his appeal for leniency, Cohen, dressed in a charcoal suit and light blue tie, denounced what he called his own weakness in the service of his former boss, the president.

"'I stand before your honor humbly and painfully aware that we are here today for one reason, because of my actions that I pled guilty to,' Cohen said. 'I take full responsibility for each act that I pled guilty to, the personal ones to me and those involving the president of the United States of America.'"

Thank you for confirming my point.

There is no real reason to see any of Trump's records. He isn't accused of any wrongdoing.

IDIOT-GRAM ^^^; Variety, foolish rationalization.

Explanation: if he has done nothing wrong, he would have fulfilled his promise to release these documents.

Nope that's not how the right to privacy works. It's too easy to use that for any excuse to pry into a person's privacy..... a false Dichotomy.... " If you have nothing to hide "..... total bullshit.

JO

This issue is not an excuse, it is a legitimate inquiry into the behavior of President Trump. He abdicated his privacy in this case when he lied about not being able to produce his tax records, using the excuse it was in audit; any subject who is under suspicion of wrong doing opens the door to further probe, and in Trump's case there are a number of examples for The People to subpoena these records:

Statements by the two women who accused trump of sexual relations and buying off both the National Inquirer and bribing two these women in violation of campaign finance laws is more than sufficient to look over his records; direct orders from President Trump for his staff to ignore subpoenas; documents secured in the Search and Seizure of his Attorney and Accountant; and Michael Cohen's direct testimony under oath. All of these and his express Consciousness of Guild provide sufficient evidence for further inquiry.

He wasn’t required to show tax returns, so his refusal to show them does not mean guilt. It also doesn’t give anyone a right to check his taxes. The allegations against finance campaign laws might have basis however why didn’t this come up in the impeachment? The only item that may have any traction, unless he didn’t use campaign money.

It's something democrats use as a harassing tactic. They haven't made an allegation of wrongdoing. They want to see if there is anything they can use.

I loathe democrats.

It's something democrats use as a harassing tactic. They haven't made an allegation of wrongdoing. They want to see if there is anything they can use.

I loathe democrats.
How do you feel about corrupt tax cheats?

Tax Fraud By The Numbers: The Trump Timeline [UPDATED 2020]

"By 1989, Donald Trump owed his father about $11 million and it was coming up on time to collect. If the loan was simply forgiven, it would turn into taxable income; instead, Donald paid it back through a 7.5% stake in one of his Manhattan condominiums.

"This means that both Donald and his father Fred agreed that 7.5% of his property, obtained through stocks, had a value of $11 million.

"However, Fred Trump sold this 7.5% stock back to his son just two years later for only $10,000, spread out over multiple transactions.

"One documented example from 1991 provided by the Times listed a net loss of almost $1 million for just one of these transactions!

"Nothing drastic happened to New York City real estate prices in order to justify this price difference, so it appears as though the agreed-upon 7.5% was now only worth a fraction of its original value.

"In this way, Donald Trump and his father were able to turn a debt of $11,000,000 into only $10,000, paid tax-free, all by grossly overvaluing and then undervaluing the stock value of his property."

Forum List

Back