Supreme Court Doesnt Care if Unlimited Funds Corrupt Politicians

Quote: Originally Posted by occupied
Republicans like the idea of living in a plutocracy. Not even surprised enough to get outraged anymore.

It's preferable to being ruled by the bottom 51% of the population.

AND the award for the most jaw-droppingly IGNORANT thing I think I've ever seen on this board goes to that little sentence above. Wow, just... wow.

Yeah, but it's okay if UNIONS throw their money into politics!

No, it's not okay. We need to get special interest money OUT of government, period.

You might as well try to get campaign stops out of government. It's going to happen. The only question is whether we want to make a level playing field and allow all kinds of contributions or whether we want to let incumbents maintain their natural advantage. I'm for the former.

Quote: Originally Posted by occupied
Republicans like the idea of living in a plutocracy. Not even surprised enough to get outraged anymore.

It's preferable to being ruled by the bottom 51% of the population.

AND the award for the most jaw-droppingly IGNORANT thing I think I've ever seen on this board goes to that little sentence above. Wow, just... wow.

It's not so much ignorant as knowingly unashamedly fascist.

tough shit innit?

You want to know the real reason the paid, er I mean volunteers libs in this board are crying about Citizens United, again after being quiet for a while? I'll tell you why!

[FONT=ARIAL,VERDANA,HELVETICA][SIZE=+7]
images
[/SIZE][/FONT]​

[SIZE=+7][FONT=ARIAL,VERDANA,HELVETICA]DEMS OUT OF CASH: MAY CANCEL CONVENTION KICKOFF [/FONT][/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+7][FONT=ARIAL,VERDANA,HELVETICA]That's why! Because Dems are out of money. I bet these operatives aren't even getting paid now! And they can't compete with the freedom of people being allowed to donate where they want to, and they aren't giving it to Democrats! [/FONT]

[FONT=ARIAL,VERDANA,HELVETICA]Keep crying libs![/FONT]
[FONT=ARIAL,VERDANA,HELVETICA]:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:[/FONT]

[/SIZE]

Last edited:
The Dem's would be just fine with it if cpacs was going more to them.
They had the unions for years and it always outsourced the Repubs.

Stupid Partisan doesn't understand that tides change. No matter who gets more donations how is it good for democracy and the average citizen?

The Dems have had money in their favor for over 40 years,
Did not hear a peep out of how lop sided it was.
This is why I keep saying that we need to get the money out of lobbyists hands and why we need Tax reform.

Look at who is handling their money better.

Obama has raised - $255,162,109.00
He is in debt - $1,207,807.00
He has cash on hand of - $109,718,115.00
He is in DEBT of over 1 million

Romney has raised - $121,023,126.00
Debt - Zero
He has cash on hand of - $121,023,126.00

So I ask who handles their money better?
You want to elect a Debtor?
Talk about stupid partisan. :cuckoo:

Yea, those poor Dems, spending more than Romney has raised. Yet, the Republicans are the bad guys.

Oh and if anyone thinks Obama doesn't get corporate donations, think again. He's had plenty, he just spends it faster than they can raise it. Not to mention all the free flights and free campaign advertising he gets.

What the hell?
What do you think that word means?
You don't think that advocacy groups and unions that give money to the dem's are not a plutocracy?
Look the word up occupied. It's not just Corporations.

It's funny that the democratics, lovers of union money, would likely wither away if that cash cow went dry... Yet somehow entities like corporations are different than unions...

:lol:

What the hell?
You don't think that advocacy groups and unions that give money to the dem's are not a plutocracy?

Where did he single out unions?

Plutocracy (from Ancient Greek ploutos, meaning "wealth", and kratos, meaning "power, rule") is rule by the wealthy, or power provided by wealth.

You are thinking of corporatocracy, which we also have become. This country is doomed.

It's funny that the democratics, lovers of union money, would likely wither away if that cash cow went dry... Yet somehow entities like corporations are different than unions...

union money comes from the contributions of actual people... large numbers of them.

unlike the 8 people

i know that the right likes to compare the two.

but... that said, if we're honest... we'd admit there shouldn't be ANY money in politics and the Supremes destroyed our ability to make that happen with Citizens United.

I know that must warm the cockles of rightwing hearts.

What the hell?

It is in this case, Unions and advocacy groups are hardly a match for cash and ruthlessness.

Amazing that rw's can actually be proud of being so corrupt that the election is being bought by big money.

As for more money not making politicians corrupt, you find a more corrupt bunch than the activist conservative judges on the supreme court? They openly legislate from the bench and the R says nothing. If a more liberal judge said about a R pres what Scalia said about Obama, the right would be scream their heads off and rightly so.

But, like the corrupt super pacs, its a corrupt conservative judge lying about our black president, so its okay. R super pacs actually met with Mittens' people (and probably Mittens, as well) in Utah and that's fine with the rw.

union money comes from the contributions of actual people... large numbers of them.

unlike the 8 people

but... that said, if we're honest... we'd admit there shouldn't be ANY money in politics and the Supremes destroyed our ability to make that happen with Citizens United.

large groups of people work for corporations too my dear.

unlike the 8 people

Do you believe this total utter BS??????! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yeah, those "actual people" in the unions aren't forced to pay dues and then about "eight people," decide where to donate those funds.

No, they have a big ELECTION and let ALL those unions members decide.

Are you so full of it, you no longer care if other people see you are full of it?

And OF COURSE! There are not "real people" at corporations! Corporations are now totally run and staffed by machinery.

You run with that. Are liberals just trying to sound stupid???????

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

all this liberal butt hurt comes from the fact they can't raise any money.. I'm lovin it.

Forum List

Back