Super Low Voter Turnout on Super Tuesday

Probably not a good sign.

Let's look at the numbers, shall we.

Virginia- 427,000 votes cast in 2008, compared to 265,000 this time. Caveats- The race was pretty much over in 2008 when VA voted, but this time, the GOP Cheated and kept all the non-Romneys off the ballot except Crazy Paul. And Crazy Paul still got 41% of the vote. Which is just sad.

Ohio- Because Romney (Barely) won this state by 12,000 votes, they'll call this a victory for him. About 1.2 million voted. Looks good on paper, until you recall in 2008, 1.1 million voted in the OH Primary, even though at that point, McCain had already wrapped it up. McCain also got 656,687 votes in 2008 compared to Romney's 453,927.

Massachusetts- Well, Romney won this one pretty handily, but it's his home state. He won it in 2008, too. But in 2008, half a million voted compared to only 350K this time.

Alaska - A whole 12,000 people voted, Romney beat Santorum by 500 or so votes. Little less than voted in 2008.

Idaho- only 54,000 voted, and the LDS put Romney over the top. In 2008, McCain got 89,000 votes there when the whole thing had already been called, and it was one of the last primaries.

Okay, now let's look at the ones Romney didn't win.

TN- 548K voted in 2008, compared to 539 last night.

GA- 957K voted in 2008, compared to a little less than 900K.

OK- 333K in 2008 voted, compared to 284 in 2012.

so voter participation is down in every state, Romney isn't performing nearly as well as McCain did in 2012. Yup, Romney supporters. Please keep telling me that Obama is really scared or Romney.

Low turnout for GOP party nomination voting, eh?

That's a bad sign for the GOP.

In a race for the nomination that is this active, one would expect a higher turnout if the grassroots Republicans were truly pleased with what they were hearing from the field of candidates.

I think they rank and file Republicans aren't exactly thrilled with the candidates they've got to choose from.

Can't blame them really.

The GOPs platform is essentally the same platform they've been proposing since the late 80s, the same old social warfare arguments, the same already failed econiomic policies, too.

Their loyalists will of course vote for the candidate of their choice but it is apparent that the less interested but still Republican voters are NOT IMPRESSED by the party's frontrunners.

GOP Slightly Ahead in Voting Enthusiasm
72i2p40dfuawqtnwi2f6og.gif

you also can't compare this to 2008 because in 2008 you had Obama vs Hilary as well as the GOP primaries. OF COURSE turnout was higher.

Enemic GOP voter turnout in GOP primaries.

In spite of the shrill proclamations and predictions from a handfull of USMB posters it has become clear that the average GOP voter couldn't give a rat's ass about ANY of the republican presidential wannabees.

12 % ....seriously???..12 % and you KNOW that the Mormans are coming out because their church demands they do. So without the manditory Morman participation what would it be??? 7 % or 8 %..????

I wouldn't be asking a liberal or a democrat what is wrong with the republican candidates...

I think it is obvious that we need to ask the republicans.

So what's up Conz??? You threw a party and nobody came..

Comment?

you also can't compare this to 2008 because in 2008 you had Obama vs Hilary as well as the GOP primaries. OF COURSE turnout was higher.

I specifically ONLY listed turnouts in REPUBLICAN primaries.

The fact that there's no Democratic contest makes the low turnouts even more pathetic.

Keep in mind, the whole argument for throwing any idealogy or principles out the window and voting for the Weird Mormon Robot was that he was going to attract over all these Democratic voters and win.

Except, um, where are they? They can't even get as many Republicans to show up as they did four years ago, much less attract any new voters.

The only primaries where there was any signifigant increase were South Carolina, where there was almost a hint this thing wasn't rigged, and Michigan, but in 2008, Michigan's primary was an illegal one no one but Romney campaigned in. Almost every other one was down or flat.

Huggy. Would you want to support something like the Rethug party.

I mean, if they could only point out one resounding success from the years of Bush. They have had their coveted policies in place for years and all they got was failure.

When all you can do is talk about how bad the other guys are, that does not say much for your ideas.

No the rethugs have a real problem. No ideas, no reason to vote for them and no real plan for the future. Toast in Nov.

why is everyone comparing voter turnout in a single party Super Tuesday, to 2008 where you had Obama/Clinton going at the same time?

Turnout in the GOP primaries is lower even if they are taken by themselves.

The fact that they are lower with no Democratic contest just makes it more pathetic.

It means that people who called themselves Democrats in 2008 haven't really reconsidered and started calling themselves Republicans this year.

Less people show up and say, "Give me a Republican Ballot!"

I mean, if they could only point out one resounding success from the years of Bush. They have had their coveted policies in place for years and all they got was failure.

When all you can do is talk about how bad the other guys are, that does not say much for your ideas.

No the rethugs have a real problem. No ideas, no reason to vote for them and no real plan for the future. Toast in Nov.

One more time.

I would take my worst year under Bush-43 than my best year under Obama.

If Bush had 8.3% unemployment, we'd be ready to run him out on a rail.

Obama finally hits that number after years of being higher, and he treats it like an accomplishment

Obama was very beatable. Unfortunately, the GOP decided they were going to listen to the liberal media and nominate Romney.

Everybody indeed! Where is everybody? The media hype for this GOP primary proccess...unprecidented..

The money spent on political advertising in this cycle....Over the top unprecidented.

22 count em...22 debates!! There has never been a media blitz for any party in our history like this presidential primary run...nothing even remotely close.

It's not like the public hasn't had this thing shoved down it's throats. Is there a human being still breathing that has not formed some kind of opinion about this?

With all that publicity..the predominating opinion is obviously "Who Cares"?

They are choosing the opponent for what many call "The worst president ever"...and now it's "Who Cares"??

I find that astonishing.

I suspect there will be many "always vote GOP no matter what" voters who will drag themselves over to the polling booth in November. "Oh well, I guess I'll go vote for Mitt."

Probably some Dems saying the same about Obama, but my guess is that there will be more dragging on the GOP side.

One more time.

Obama finally hits that number after years of being higher, and he treats it like an accomplishment

Obama was very beatable. Unfortunately, the GOP decided they were going to listen to the liberal media and nominate Romney.

Wont matter...........the media crap with the divided field is to perpetuate interest in the whole process. As usual, all the lefty nutters buy right in because they are busy watching the k00k propagandists every night over on MSNBC.

Boob McNut running in November will get every GOP swinging dick out to vote. The k00k left dont realize how much this fraud of a president is despised. The turnout in November will be sIcK to get the fraud out.:lol:

One more time.

Wont matter...........the media crap with the divided field is to perpetuate interest in the whole process. As usual, all the lefty nutters buy right in because they are busy watching the k00k propagandists every night over on MSNBC.

Boob McNut running in November will get every GOP swinging dick out to vote. The k00k left dont realize how much this fraud of a president is despised. The turnout in November will be sIcK to get the fraud out.:lol:

Case in point. A handfull of shreeking bitches. Pathetic.

Forum List

Back