Super Low Voter Turnout on Super Tuesday

The worst economy since the Grerat Depression and the GOP can't even galvanize their party loyals to vote in the primaries.

That's not a good sign for the GOP in November, kiddies.

Good observation and the difference between mindsets.

Support increased debt or not. We know the majority in America support more debt, kicking the can down the road.

This election is a wonderful example.

What twaddle. The GOP candidates plans for taxation would, with the exception of Ron Paul, all increase the debt.

Anyone with a lick of sanity realizes that there has to be an increase in taxes, as well as spending cuts. To achieve a balanced budget, it cannot be all on one side. Were we to go back to the schedule under Clinton for all, except the million plus, add 5% there, and cut defense down to the amount spent by the next 7 nations, we would be well on the way to a balance budget.

Establish a Universal Health Care System, and you have eliminated MediCare and MediAid. Go back to the old SS rate on everybody, and make that on all income, and you have solved the SS problem.

Huggy. Would you want to support something like the Rethug party.

I mean, if they could only point out one resounding success from the years of Bush. They have had their coveted policies in place for years and all they got was failure.

When all you can do is talk about how bad the other guys are, that does not say much for your ideas.

No the rethugs have a real problem. No ideas, no reason to vote for them and no real plan for the future. Toast in Nov.

One more time.

I would take my worst year under Bush-43 than my best year under Obama.

If Bush had 8.3% unemployment, we'd be ready to run him out on a rail.

Obama finally hits that number after years of being higher, and he treats it like an accomplishment

Obama was very beatable. Unfortunately, the GOP decided they were going to listen to the liberal media and nominate Romney.

Romney isn't the media choice - it's pretty easy to see they'd make more money on a Newt nomination.

Romney is the choice of American Capital. And others who can afford skin in that game, like the biggest corporation of them all: China.

Too bad we can't run our government like a corporation, but you'll find the most successful corporations and companies got that way with a strong leader who was large and in charge for a hell of a lot longer than We, The Peeps would be willing to put up with.

It's different when the fox runs the hen house. The strong have obligations to the weak in a democracy... obligations that a corporation just doesn't have.

…but does this spell trouble for the GOP in the general election?

It does indeed.

GOP party bosses may be forced to consider giving up on the WH to focus money and efforts on keeping the House and taking the Senate, the latter of which also looks more and more unlikely.

Obama was very beatable. Unfortunately, the GOP decided they were going to listen to the liberal media and nominate Romney.

It has nothing to do with a ‘liberal media’ and everything to do with GOP ‘heavy hitter’ candidates sitting this one out for 2016.

I'd vote for ANYONE over obama. ANYONE.

And that’s the problem, one the right clearly doesn’t see. You and other radical rightists are in the great minority with regard to your perception of Obama. The president remains personally popular, his reelection seems more likely - voters aren’t going to vote just for anyone because he’s ‘not Obama.’

Americans vote for a given presidential candidate because they like him and because they think he’ll win – Romney realizes neither of those two criteria.

How that will play out in November is anyones guess. True red Republicans will vote against Obama, but independent thinkers may very well decide President Obama is a fine blend of 'conservative' and 'liberal' and better equipped to lead our nation than those who offer a single ideology.

And it’s independents and weak democrats (‘Reagan Democrats’) who elect presidents, very few of whom will be voting for Romney.

I think they gave up some time after we found out about Michelle Bachman's husband's cozy relationship with federal funding for his psychiatric clinic to un-gay homosexuals and before Rick Perry couldn't remember the third federal agency he wanted to close.

They gave up when Huckabee and Christie stayed at home.

Not at all:

There is typically a lull in the voting between the start of the Primary season and the conventions. Romney has it sewn up so there is little interest. I mean, seriously, if you're in the midwest and there are storms or in the North and there is snow, is there a reason to run out and vote for Ron Paul?

The GOP has a bigger problem than firing up their base--it will be there. Appealing to independents is something that Romney cannot do on aspect alone. There is no charisma so he can't sell the steak or the sizzle.

But the lull is there and it will be there 4 years from now as well.

In four years, Obama will be gone, people will be sick of his lame ass "8% unemployment is good" and we will probably get someone so right wing some of you might even move to France.

You see, Democrats will look at 2012 as a victory, but then they will find themselves in the same position Republican were in 2006. Lots of angry people looking to kick ass and your ass is right out in the open with a "Kick Me" sign.

Probably not a good sign.

Let's look at the numbers, shall we.

Virginia- 427,000 votes cast in 2008, compared to 265,000 this time. Caveats- The race was pretty much over in 2008 when VA voted, but this time, the GOP Cheated and kept all the non-Romneys off the ballot except Crazy Paul. And Crazy Paul still got 41% of the vote. Which is just sad.

Ohio- Because Romney (Barely) won this state by 12,000 votes, they'll call this a victory for him. About 1.2 million voted. Looks good on paper, until you recall in 2008, 1.1 million voted in the OH Primary, even though at that point, McCain had already wrapped it up. McCain also got 656,687 votes in 2008 compared to Romney's 453,927.

Massachusetts- Well, Romney won this one pretty handily, but it's his home state. He won it in 2008, too. But in 2008, half a million voted compared to only 350K this time.

Alaska - A whole 12,000 people voted, Romney beat Santorum by 500 or so votes. Little less than voted in 2008.

Idaho- only 54,000 voted, and the LDS put Romney over the top. In 2008, McCain got 89,000 votes there when the whole thing had already been called, and it was one of the last primaries.

Okay, now let's look at the ones Romney didn't win.

TN- 548K voted in 2008, compared to 539 last night.

GA- 957K voted in 2008, compared to a little less than 900K.

OK- 333K in 2008 voted, compared to 284 in 2012.

so voter participation is down in every state, Romney isn't performing nearly as well as McCain did in 2012. Yup, Romney supporters. Please keep telling me that Obama is really scared or Romney.

Now subtract most the Ron Paul votes and you have a landslide for Obama in the GE. Why can't the GOP get a real conservative on stage. Instead they have a 76 year old guy trying to fill that roll while the Media, DNC and GOP trash him for being, conservative.

lol@ Republicans in 2012.

In four years, Obama will be gone, people will be sick of his lame ass "8% unemployment is good" and we will probably get someone so right wing some of you might even move to France.

You see, Democrats will look at 2012 as a victory, but then they will find themselves in the same position Republican were in 2006. Lots of angry people looking to kick ass and your ass is right out in the open with a "Kick Me" sign.

I agree, the last thing Dems need is to be in teh WH in 2012. Also, the last thing Reps need is to be in there, the spending has destroyed so much of what this country could have been. Neither side wants to get it under control, maybe 2016 Reps will put up a real conservative, who knows, maybe the Dems will...

Constitution > All

If there were followed then we wouldn't be in this shit storm. Both Dems and Reps have made the constitution a useless talking point when it happens to agree with their position.

Wont matter...........the media crap with the divided field is to perpetuate interest in the whole process. As usual, all the lefty nutters buy right in because they are busy watching the k00k propagandists every night over on MSNBC.

Boob McNut running in November will get every GOP swinging dick out to vote. The k00k left dont realize how much this fraud of a president is despised. The turnout in November will be sIcK to get the fraud out.:lol:

Guy, I've voted Republican in every election since 1980.

I won't vote for Romney in the general.

There's little chance of anyone other than Obama will get Illinois' electoral votes, so it won't matter who you vote for.

Wont matter...........the media crap with the divided field is to perpetuate interest in the whole process. As usual, all the lefty nutters buy right in because they are busy watching the k00k propagandists every night over on MSNBC.

Boob McNut running in November will get every GOP swinging dick out to vote. The k00k left dont realize how much this fraud of a president is despised. The turnout in November will be sIcK to get the fraud out.:lol:

Guy, I've voted Republican in every election since 1980.

I won't vote for Romney in the general.

There's little chance of anyone other than Obama will get Illinois' electoral votes, so it won't matter who you vote for.

That's not the point, dumbass.

I'd explain it to you, but you probably still wouldn't get it.

Low voter turnout in Ohio but Obama received a higher symbolic vote count than any Republican votes. Marcy got them to the polls but they pulled the lever for Obama.

About 100,000 more.

Forum List

Back