Super Easy Stuff For Dinner

Make it low fat please!

Thanks.

Low Fat.jpg

Ya know. Growin up super poor you get used to eating a certain way.

Now that I can eat any way I choose there is still something about a nice Ramen Noodle Surprise.

Of course my very Asian Mrs. is having none of that, but mac n' cheese with tuna and peas...ramen and hot dogs...Hamburger Helper...peanut butter, mayonnaise, and banana sammiches...that white trash menu is music to my heart.

For that mac & cheese.......add other types of cheeses, even some cream cheese or nacho cheese sauce is good to mix with cheddar.

Make it a meal with any leftover meat and veggies you have on hand.

For that mac & cheese.......add other types of cheeses, even some cream cheese or nacho cheese sauce is good to mix with cheddar.

Make it a meal with any leftover meat and veggies you have on hand.

A friend makes the BEST mac and cheese I've ever had!
She uses Cheddar, Jack, Mozzarella, cream cheese, and another kind of cheese.
OMFG!!!! You CANNOT stop eating the stuff!!!! It's more addictive than crack, cocaine, and heroin combined !!!! (not that I do drugs........I'm just guessing)

OMFG!!!! You CANNOT stop eating the stuff!!!! It's more addictive than crack, cocaine, and heroin combined !!!! (not that I do drugs........I'm just guessing)

I made some not long ago and used some of the nacho cheese sauce with the cheddar. It gave it a little kick and was really good.

Seen something about a Shepherds Pie that sounds good for our supper.

Here is an easier version that's good too and you can top it with some cheese if you like.

Food, whether for the holidays or every day, can be just as simple or difficult as you want to make it.

Tacos are a good example.......

Easy version is to brown & season some burger or shredded beef or chicken, or fish, put in the hard store bought shells and add your toppings.

Or do your own shells using corn tortillas holding it folded over in hot oil to set. Just make sure there's enough of an opening to hold your fillings and you do have to hold it with tongs while cooking or it'll collapse on itself. This is a good option if you like a more tender taco shell than the hard store bought ones.

Or do Navaho tacos using Indian Fry bread as your base, and these are usually more open faced, but can be folded to eat it easier. Any leftover breads can be eaten with butter & honey and/or cinnamon & sugar, or powdered sugar or however you like.

Recipe for the breads is really easy if you want to spend the time doing it. I haven't used store bought hard shells in years but sometimes I'll do the corn tortilla shells or the fry breads, which are my favorite.

Try homemade mac and cheese with Italian hot sausage added in... whole other level

Forum List

Back