Sunday Brunch: What are your favorites?

Kiki Cannoli

Have you met my shadow?
May 27, 2011
Really south of the border
Personally, I love big hotel buffet brunches with lots of seafood, live jazz and the champagne a'flowin. Alas I was born with champagne taste and a beer budget.

If you were to attend a brunch in a private home,

What would you really like to be served?

What couldn't you live without?

Buffet or sitdown?

If you were asked to contribute, what dish would you bring?

:razz:

Personally, I love big hotel buffet brunches with lots of seafood, live jazz and the champagne a'flowin. Alas I was born with champagne taste and a beer budget.

If you were to attend a brunch in a private home,

What would you really like to be served?

What couldn't you live without?

Buffet or sitdown?

If you were asked to contribute, what dish would you bring?

:razz:

Brunch..... served to me? LOL...

lets see... sit down

Fruit salad. Papaya, Honey dew melon and blackberries.
Eggs Benedict with truffle pate and roasted asparagus.
Crapes with vanilla mascarpone, caramelized bananas and rum butter sauce.
Coffee
Ruby red grapefruit juice.

If asked to bring something.... and they always ask me to bring something... the answer always is... whatever you want.

Last edited:
Yum. Start with very strong coffee, an Italian or French roast with half and half with a warm croissant sided by a small fruit salad loaded with berries.

Next a second cup of joe, served with diced red potato fried with onion and bell pepper, a 'soft' free range three egg omlette with with mushrooms, spinich and havarti cheese.

Finally, a third cup of coffee with something sweet; a pastry with real apricot filling or a custard tart.

Of course that was when I wore a younger man's clothes. Today Sunday brunch is coffee, toast with peanut butter and maybe an omlette made from egg beaters with onions.

btw, if you like big breakfasts and can't wait until Sunday, take a cruise.

Last edited:
Yum. Start with very strong coffee, an Italian or French roast with half and half with a warm croissant sided by a small fruit salad loaded with berries.

Next a second cup of joe, served with diced red potato fried with onion and bell pepper, a 'soft' free range three egg omlette with with mushrooms, spinich and havarti cheese.

Finally, a third cup of coffee with something sweet; a pastry with real apricot filling or a custard tart.

Of course that was when I wore a younger man's clothes. Today Sunday brunch is coffee, toast with peanut butter and maybe an omlette made from egg beaters with onions.

btw, if you like big breakfasts and can't wait until Sunday, take a cruise.
Niiiiiiice!

Here is what I gathered from the MUCH appreciated feedback...

Eggs and coffee are a must.

Fresh luscious ripe fruit is preferred.

Syrenn should cook for us....:tongue:

Would a variety of quiche work in place of 'eggs?' My guest list is increasing.

I am leaning toward all the aforementiond fruits/eggs and coffee, a hot pot such as minestrone or pasta bolognese or chili verde, fresh muffins/croissants/breads, sangria, smoked oysters/cheese, and a standing roast.

BTW, this is for an upcoming event, not tomorrow! :eek:

slight t/j but not to exclude...syreen and wry cather are from the bay area...

gotta ask...where is your favorite brunch served?

High end for me...Top of the Mark...but i haven't been in years so...but it was magnificent.

Low down gotta eat and hang out, the Phoenix on Valencia then bloody mary's at the zeigeist.

slight t/j but not to exclude...syreen and wry cather are from the bay area...

gotta ask...where is your favorite brunch served?

High end for me...Top of the Mark...but i haven't been in years so...but it was magnificent.

Low down gotta eat and hang out, the Phoenix on Valencia then bloody mary's at the zeigeist.

Do you really have to ask.....The best brunch is served in my dining room of course :)

High end... i am sentimental about the Garden Court at the palace. I am terribly sorry that the Crown Room in the Fairmont no longer serves Sunday brunch..... The place that makes me happy.... is Sears Fine Foods :)

I am leaning toward all the aforementiond fruits/eggs and coffee, a hot pot such as minestrone or pasta bolognese or chili verde, fresh muffins/croissants/breads, sangria, smoked oysters/cheese, and a standing roast.

So what type of event? Are you the one cooking?

Applebee's has this fantastic Spinach Dip served with the chips. I love that stuff! But, I hate spinach ~LoL~
But this dip has spinach and artichoke and cheese, so the spinach doesn't bother me...that would be what I would like for a brunch :)
As for bringing anything, anywhere, I'd be happy to bring whatever was asked. I really can cook, I just don't do it much, anymore~

A birthday brunch for a dear friend. Yes, I shall be the miracle maker in my kitchen, which i can easily handle. :razz:

Forgot to mention, I will pickup a dessert - a lovely coconut cake. :)

A one egg scramble with 1/2 lb of bacon, 1/2 lb of sausage, 1/2 lb of cheese and 1 onion with toast and butter washed down with at least 1 pot of coffee.

no coffee....

quiche would be nice....with fresh fruit.....berries, mango,

i like calamari in the morning....i am a seafood freak....

maybe a mimosa

you can never go wrong with mango pudding for dessert

ask to bring something? most likely fresh fruit....or lemon bars...fresh fruit being a watermelon or cantaloup....

no coffee....

quiche would be nice....with fresh fruit.....berries, mango,

i like calamari in the morning....i am a seafood freak....

maybe a mimosa

you can never go wrong with mango pudding for dessert

ask to bring something? most likely fresh fruit....or lemon bars...fresh fruit being a watermelon or cantaloup....

and of course a biscuit for the doggie! :lol: i love lemon bars. have never tried mango pudding, going to have to look for that recipe.

A birthday brunch for a dear friend. Yes, I shall be the miracle maker in my kitchen, which i can easily handle. :razz:

OK... now...for how many people? And when is this thing? And are you a good cook?
yes i am quizzing you on the parameters before i give you an answer. :eusa_angel:

1 or 2 slices thin bacon, 1 over medium egg. No toast or bread anymore unless it is gluten free. Sometimes hashbrowns, but rarely now. Banana smoothie.

OK... now...for how many people? And when is this thing? And are you a good cook?
yes i am quizzing you on the parameters before i give you an answer. :eusa_angel:

I am an excellent cook and do quite well juggling entertaining/delicate menus/individual needs. 10-12 guests. next sunday. 11am. i live where people don't really arrive at a given hour, so sit down will not work; I've given this thought.

syrenn, my online kitchen goddess...yeah!

Forum List

Back