Sunday Brunch: What are your favorites?

A birthday brunch for a dear friend. Yes, I shall be the miracle maker in my kitchen, which i can easily handle. :razz:

Forgot to mention, I will pickup a dessert - a lovely coconut cake. :)

OK... now...for how many people? And when is this thing? And are you a good cook?
yes i am quizzing you on the parameters before i give you an answer. :eusa_angel:

I am an excellent cook and do quite well juggling entertaining/delicate menus/individual needs. 10-12 guests. next sunday. 11am. i live where people don't really arrive at a given hour, so sit down will not work; I've given this thought.

syrenn, my online kitchen goddess...yeah!

do you want a formal party?..... and do you have a dining room to accommodate a sit down meal?

If that is what you want.... then set the tone.... send FORMAL invitations! Date..TIME... and RSVP.... and on the bottom.... state very clearly..... be ON time.... brunch will be served promptly at....... So if they are not there... they don't get served!

simple

I am sorry it is the height of rudeness not being on time for a specific event. And open house is fine... but if you want a sit down meal...then they best get their asses in gear and have the courtesy to be on time!

If that is not possible.... your only other option is a buffet. Do you have chafing dishes?

Egg dishes are going to be very difficult...you cant hold them. The best thing for an egg dish will be quiche.

cold poached salmon is a great brunch option...... you can accompany that with grilled asparagus... both make the day before dishes.

How much detail ideas on a menu do you want? :lol:

A one egg scramble with 1/2 lb of bacon, 1/2 lb of sausage, 1/2 lb of cheese and 1 onion with toast and butter washed down with at least 1 pot of coffee.

:lol: go away! :lol: you really are an ass! can you imagine? i'd may as well serve one nitro on the side...:lol:

It's just an exaggeration to point out the fact I don't like eggs that much though, in the past, I have done something similar to what's described above on a couple of occasions. If I eat breakfast it's usually an all natural flax and fiber cereal or an orange or banana with lots of coffee. On rare occasions I'll have a traditional breakfast sans the taters or a traditional European breakfast of sausage, cheese and crackers.

Forum List

Back