Summer

Our summer here is sucking ... less than a month of sun, I just planted some seeds in my pots and they are wilting from the cold. Bah! I hate this summer.

Our summer here is sucking ... less than a month of sun, I just planted some seeds in my pots and they are wilting from the cold. Bah! I hate this summer.

It's not the cold so much here - we're just trying to figure out whether to mold or rust. Too much freakin' rain! :doubt:

It's not the cold so much here - we're just trying to figure out whether to mold or rust. Too much freakin' rain! :doubt:

We have a lot of clouds, but not nearly as much rain as people think, here in Seattle. I planted some seeds for indoor plants (I don't use my heater or AC much) and the cacti are barely starting to grow, my vines sprouted up quick, and my pansies pushed up ... then the weather changed for the gray an drab cool temps, now only the pansies are doing well.

We have a lot of clouds, but not nearly as much rain as people think, here in Seattle. I planted some seeds for indoor plants (I don't use my heater or AC much) and the cacti are barely starting to grow, my vines sprouted up quick, and my pansies pushed up ... then the weather changed for the gray an drab cool temps, now only the pansies are doing well.

Pansies look like such happy flowers ... well, if flowers could be happy, I suppose.

Pansies look like such happy flowers ... well, if flowers could be happy, I suppose.

I think they are cute, so I planted them all in small pots, going to transfer them all to a huge decorative planter when they are all strong enough ... if they get strong enough. I have huge bay windows in my studio apartment, so they could get enough sun if the sun only came out enough. I will get pics once they are all done, but at this rate it may take a few years.

I think they are cute, so I planted them all in small pots, going to transfer them all to a huge decorative planter when they are all strong enough ... if they get strong enough. I have huge bay windows in my studio apartment, so they could get enough sun if the sun only came out enough. I will get pics once they are all done, but at this rate it may take a few years.

I keep trying to trade the Texans some precipitation for more sunshine but so far it hasn't worked all that well. Maybe you can wrangle some sun out of 'em. :D

I keep trying to trade the Texans some precipitation for more sunshine but so far it hasn't worked all that well. Maybe you can wrangle some sun out of 'em. :D

Pshaw! I am thinking of moving down to Tucson, spent a few years there and loved it. If this global cooling keeps up it will be a beautiful city. ;)

Pshaw! I am thinking of moving down to Tucson, spent a few years there and loved it. If this global cooling keeps up it will be a beautiful city. ;)

You go to Tucson stop in the Harley dealer there and say hi to my little girl buddy Norma who I went to Motorcycle Mechanics Institute with. She's the assistant Service Manager there... :D

You go to Tucson stop in the Harley dealer there and say hi to my little girl buddy Norma who I went to Motorcycle Mechanics Institute with. She's the assistant Service Manager there... :D

I use to work as a food trainer there, mostly fast food. Even the illegals there were smarter than the people moving into Seattle lately ... and they cared about this country more to. Add in the horrible weather patterns we are seeing and Tucson looks brighter every day. My best friend here says it wouldn't surprise her if I just up and left, nor would she blame me. We feel like the last two natives in Seattle.

I was thinking of hooking up with the Booze Fighters again if I did go back down south, so I would likely bump into your friend.

I use to work as a food trainer there, mostly fast food. Even the illegals there were smarter than the people moving into Seattle lately ... and they cared about this country more to. Add in the horrible weather patterns we are seeing and Tucson looks brighter every day. My best friend here says it wouldn't surprise her if I just up and left, nor would she blame me. We feel like the last two natives in Seattle.

I was thinking of hooking up with the Booze Fighters again if I did go back down south, so I would likely bump into your friend.

Got friends in the Booze Fighters KK. They had one of the coolest little bars in Reno to party at. Us Vagos were always on good terms with them.

I used to drive OTR semi out of Tucson for Digby Southwest, until my co-driver fell asleep at the wheel outside of Midland, Texas one night at about three in the morning. Had traffic not been stopping, I'd have choked that mother fucker to death for trying to kill me.

Anyway... I had enough of Arizona when I lived in Phoenix. Too damn hot for this northerner.

I hear what you're saying about Seattle though. Got a cousin that lives there. Trucked through there. Pretty place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

Last edited:

Got friends in the Booze Fighters KK. They had one of the coolest little bars in Reno to party at. Us Vagos were always on good terms with them.

I used to drive OTR semi out of Tucson for Digby Southwest, until my co-driver fell asleep at the wheel outside of Midland, Texas one night at about three in the morning. Had traffic not been stopping, I'd have choked that mother fucker to death for trying to kill me.

Anyway... I had enough of Arizona when I lived in Phoenix. Too damn hot for this northerner.

I hear what you're saying about Seattle though. Got a cousin that lives there. Trucked through there. Pretty place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

Phoenix is an oven. Tucson has mountains surrounding it and the cool air from them keeps the city relatively moderate temperature wise. Even in the summer it's nice there. Seattle use to be one of the most liberal and commercial areas, now it's neolibs everywhere, most coming from Cal. The new buildings suck, they look like giant lego blocks only without the colors, and the people are snobbish as hell. I grew up in Kent and hung out in Seattle a lot (just a 75 cent bus ride at the time) and it was fun ... now it's just sad. Then the laws the neolibs are pushing ... pshaw ...

But of all the places I have lived in, Tucson seemed the best. A large collection of differing views and people. It's what Seattle use to be.

Phoenix is an oven. Tucson has mountains surrounding it and the cool air from them keeps the city relatively moderate temperature wise. Even in the summer it's nice there. Seattle use to be one of the most liberal and commercial areas, now it's neolibs everywhere, most coming from Cal. The new buildings suck, they look like giant lego blocks only without the colors, and the people are snobbish as hell. I grew up in Kent and hung out in Seattle a lot (just a 75 cent bus ride at the time) and it was fun ... now it's just sad. Then the laws the neolibs are pushing ... pshaw ...

But of all the places I have lived in, Tucson seemed the best. A large collection of differing views and people. It's what Seattle use to be.

Keep telling yourself that KK... seriously girl, it's hot as hell down there too. I know, I've been there hundreds of times, and it was always hot.

Oh, and the Booze Fighters are just awesome people!
No doubt. The bar in Reno the Booze Fighters ran was called Fat Daddy'z. Tiny little joint, but overflowing with bikers most any night. Loud music, hot bikes, cold beer, shots and naked women sitting on bikes for pictures.... but I DIDN'T TAKE ANY.... HONEST.... (fingers crossed behind back) ... :lol:

Last edited:

Keep telling yourself that KK... seriously girl, it's hot as hell down there too. I know, I've been there hundreds of times, and it was always hot.

No doubt. The bar in Reno the Booze Fighters ran was called Fat Daddy'z. Tiny little joint, but overflowing with bikers most any night. Loud music, hot bikes, cold beer, shots and naked women sitting on bikes for pictures.... but I DIDN'T TAKE ANY.... :lol:

Well, to me it's comfortable in Tucson ... ;)

Different people will like different climates. It is still cooler than Phoenix.

Back to summer...

Sand in places you'd rather not have it when you go to the beach!:lol:
Home grown tomatoes
Sweet corn
Cooking on the grill
Slapping skeeters
Sitting on a bench at the mall, drinking coffee and girl watching while the wife shops.:eusa_angel:
Drag races
Listening to kids bitching about summer ending when it's getting time to start school again!
Anything on the menu at DQ
Lastly, watching the ladies get frozen food out of the freezer down at Wal-Mart. Especially the ones wearing tank tops!:lol:

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

No doubt. The bar in Reno the Booze Fighters ran was called Fat Daddy'z. Tiny little joint, but overflowing with bikers most any night. Loud music, hot bikes, cold beer, shots and naked women sitting on bikes for pictures.... but I DIDN'T TAKE ANY.... :lol:

Probably a little, but I just think it's hot everywhere in the dessert. Phoenix is nothing more than a human frying pan. I don't see how anyone can live there. I couldn't stand the heat, I couldn't stand how massive the city was... all those fucking people. I'm just not that sociable to be jammed in amongst 7 million other people. I'd hate to see what all those people would do if the water ever stopped flowing, or the trucks ever stopped hauling in food... my God... they'd be killing each other inside of two days.

Probably a little, but I just think it's hot everywhere in the dessert. Phoenix is nothing more than a human frying pan. I don't see how anyone can live there. I couldn't stand the heat, I couldn't stand how massive the city was... all those fucking people. I'm just not that sociable to be jammed in amongst 7 million other people. I'd hate to see what all those people would do if the water ever stopped flowing, or the trucks ever stopped hauling in food... my God... they'd be killing each other inside of two days.

The reason Phoenix is hotter though is because it's almost all concrete, which holds in the heat and as you said, makes it a frying pan. Also they never seem to clear the roads of dead animals ... the smells there are horrible. I walk a lot when it's warm, the only time my knees let me, and in Tucson it's pleasantly clean compared to Phoenix.

That's probably my biggest complaint about the cooling we have experienced lately, I am feeling cabin fever here. In Tucson I felt healthier and more active, it was an awesome 5 years.

The reason Phoenix is hotter though is because it's almost all concrete, which holds in the heat and as you said, makes it a frying pan. Also they never seem to clear the roads of dead animals ... the smells there are horrible. I walk a lot when it's warm, the only time my knees let me, and in Tucson it's pleasantly clean compared to Phoenix.

That's probably my biggest complaint about the cooling we have experienced lately, I am feeling cabin fever here. In Tucson I felt healthier and more active, it was an awesome 5 years.

Sounds like you need to move back down to Tucson KK. It is healthy down there. I'd say a lot healthier than living in that cold, dank weather they have up there in Seattle. That isn't good for anybody.

Forum List

Back