Summer Heat-Related Deaths Expected To Triple By 2100

Trakar

VIP Member
Feb 28, 2011
Summer Heat-Related Deaths In US Expected To Triple By 2100 As Temperatures Soar: Report - http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/345108/20120524/climate-change-summer-related-deaths-triple-2100.htm

...The annual number of heat-related deaths in the United States is expected to triple by the end of the century, according to a new report, which predicts more than 150,000 Americans could die by 2100 from dangerously high summer temperatures resulting from climate change.

Currently, there are about 1,300 heat-related deaths in an average U.S. summer. Climate change will make that number rise to more than 4,600 by the end of the century, according to an analysis of peer-reviewed scientific data from the Natural Resources Defense Council, which reports extreme temperatures typically exacerbate already life-threatening conditions such as heat stroke, cardiovascular disease and kidney disease...

Better cut down on air conditioning because that burns "fossil fuels" and that creates more imaginary manmade global warming...so, the only way to counteract these deaths is with more death and declining Western civilization

Better cut down on air conditioning because that burns "fossil fuels" and that creates more imaginary manmade global warming...so, the only way to counteract these deaths is with more death and declining Western civilization

Air conditioners don't run on fossil fuels, they run on electricity. We simply need to produce electricity with carbon neutral technologies. When your boat is leaky, the first reasoned option is to fix the leak, not scuttle the boat.

Air conditioners don't run on fossil fuels, they run on electricity. We simply need to produce electricity with carbon neutral technologies. When your boat is leaky, the first reasoned option is to fix the leak, not scuttle the boat.

Try rubbing a balloon on your head for static electricity to power your AC unit

Warmers, Decline Hiders and AGW Cult to be declared "totally Silly" by 2014

You are free to declare people who you misunderstand and disagree with whatever you like, it reflects more on your character and the nature of your arguments than it affects or impacts the demonstrable facts or realities we are all faced with.

Summer Heat-Related Deaths In US Expected To Triple By 2100 As Temperatures Soar: Report - http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/345108/20120524/climate-change-summer-related-deaths-triple-2100.htm

...The annual number of heat-related deaths in the United States is expected to triple by the end of the century, according to a new report, which predicts more than 150,000 Americans could die by 2100 from dangerously high summer temperatures resulting from climate change.

Currently, there are about 1,300 heat-related deaths in an average U.S. summer. Climate change will make that number rise to more than 4,600 by the end of the century, according to an analysis of peer-reviewed scientific data from the Natural Resources Defense Council, which reports extreme temperatures typically exacerbate already life-threatening conditions such as heat stroke, cardiovascular disease and kidney disease...

By 2100??:eek::eek:

C'mon........dumbasses dont know what the weather is going to be 4 days from now for Christsakes!! Same cheesedicks who predict hurricanes to slam the Gulf and end up in the middle of the Atlantic!!:2up:

Dont fret s0n........you'll be in your box a long long time by then.:lol::banana:

I may not know whether July 24 will be warmer than today, but I can reasonably say that July will be warmer than May.

But you don't have the slightest fucking clue as to whether 2050 will be warmer than 2012, and neither does anyone else.

I may not know whether July 24 will be warmer than today, but I can reasonably say that July will be warmer than May.

But you don't have the slightest fucking clue as to whether 2050 will be warmer than 2012, and neither does anyone else.

Now Pattycake, because you are ignorant and determined to stay that way does not mean the rest of the world is.

Gee Ray.......thats a real risky prediction!!:lol:

Ive been around for alot of Mays and alot of July's. Every single July has been hotter than Maym perhpas with one of two exceptions!!

Sorry Ray.......still doesnt pass the smell test for most people.

Red Herring much?

I imagine such an activity would be about as successful as eliminating all taxes and expecting federal tax revenues to increase, or giving money to the wealthiest few hundred individuals in the nation and then expecting that it will somehow filter through and bring great benefit to the other 311,591,500 citizens of this nation. It strikes me as about as smart as trying to go to war to prevent war, or as bizarre as claiming to be a christian devoted to following the teachings of Christ and also being a great fan and advocate of Ayn Rand's dictums.

But I wasn't talking about deraged delusions, I was talking about non-fossil fuelled electrical production, ranging from nuclear, hydro, wind solar and even tidal and geothermal amongst others. None of these are untried nor unworkable systems, and though each has challenges to meet in order to supply the levels of power we have grown accustomed to, none of those challenges are greater or even of the same magnitude as the challenge of dealing with the carbon pollution emitted by the usage of fossil fuels to meet the current demands.

:rolleyes: oh brother, they can't predict next month's weather, but they can predict something that is nearly 90 years away?
Trying to keep the agw alive :lol:

Say WHAT??? COAL is not a fossil fuel? Natural Gas is not a fossil fuel? C'mon man, even dams and hydro are NOT carbon neutral... The only technology that your air conditioner can use 24/7 and be carbon negative is nuclear.

:rolleyes: oh brother, they can't predict next month's weather, but they can predict something that is nearly 90 years away?

Wheel of Climate Change!

prinn-roulette-4.jpg

I'm certain that is a peer reviewed wheel. :lol:

Wheel of Climate Change!

prinn-roulette-4.jpg

As the lowest numbers on the wheel mean drastic changes to our planetary environment (and are higher than the projections on which this article are based), and weather and climate are very distinct and seperate concepts, I'm not sure I see the point of these posts?

By analogy, it seems like someone saying that since I cannot identify and track the precise location and velocity of every molecule of gas in a cylinder, that trying to calculate what will happen to gas pressure and temperature when I increase or decrease the volume of that cylinder, is impossible, and I would be foolish for thinking that I could calculate such outcomes to any reasonable degree of accuracy.

Wheel of Climate Change!

prinn-roulette-4.jpg

As the lowest numbers on the wheel mean drastic changes to our planetary environment (and are higher than the projections on which this article are based), and weather and climate are very distinct and seperate concepts, I'm not sure I see the point of these posts?

By analogy, it seems like someone saying that since I cannot identify and track the precise location and velocity of every molecule of gas in a cylinder, that trying to calculate what will happen to gas pressure and temperature when I increase or decrease the volume of that cylinder, is impossible, and I would be foolish for thinking that I could calculate such outcomes to any reasonable degree of accuracy.

Fun times over, Jackass.

A wheel like that is the opposite of science. It's less accurate than phrenology and it make astrology look reasonable.

That you take them seriously tells me that you should leave your wallet home when you go outside or people will scam you penniless

Red Herring much?

I imagine such an activity would be about as successful as eliminating all taxes and expecting federal tax revenues to increase, or giving money to the wealthiest few hundred individuals in the nation and then expecting that it will somehow filter through and bring great benefit to the other 311,591,500 citizens of this nation. It strikes me as about as smart as trying to go to war to prevent war, or as bizarre as claiming to be a christian devoted to following the teachings of Christ and also being a great fan and advocate of Ayn Rand's dictums.

But I wasn't talking about deraged delusions, I was talking about non-fossil fuelled electrical production, ranging from nuclear, hydro, wind solar and even tidal and geothermal amongst others. None of these are untried nor unworkable systems, and though each has challenges to meet in order to supply the levels of power we have grown accustomed to, none of those challenges are greater or even of the same magnitude as the challenge of dealing with the carbon pollution emitted by the usage of fossil fuels to meet the current demands.
Nuclear is fought by environmentalist that don't want nuclear in their back yard.
Hydro is fought by environmentalists that don't want dams in their back yard.
Wind solar is fought by environmentalists that don't want windmills in their back yard.
Tidal is fought by environmentalists that don't want generators on their beach.
Geothermal is fought by environmentalists that don't want holes drilled in their back yard.

Funny thing is, most of the people that promote your above things over fossil fuels suddenly sing a different tune and scream NIMBY as soon as action is taken on them.

Forum List

Back