Sullivan Indiana devastated by Tornado last night.

^^^ supports child drag shows
You mean like this?

1680364143853.jpeg

It’s amazing how incredibly isolated tornado damage is. A year ago last Christmas time, a tornado hit an Amazon facility near me and killed several people hunkered near a stairwell. If you look at the broader area where it hit and see acres and acres of warehouses and semi trailers and realize the relatively small isolated area that was hit you have to feel fortunate that it wasn’t significantly worse.

I saw several in OK and Texas, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, likely more in other states.
Never been through one, been close when the sirens went off while in a truck stop at night, scary.

3 dead, some missing in Sullivan after tornado​

1680364658749.png
WTHR
https://www.wthr.com › weather › severe-weather › 3-...

2 hours ago — 3 dead, some missing in Sullivan after tornado ... Sullivan County officials have declared a State of Emergency for areas affected by the tornado.

A dangerous storm system moved through central Indiana on Friday night, bringing dangerous wind gusts, hail and tornadoes. At least three people died in Sullivan County after the storms in Indiana.
Severe weather is out of the forecast today but strong wind gusts will continue. A High Wind Warning will be in effect throughout the state through 6 p.m. for 50-60 mph wind gusts possible.

I saw several in OK and Texas, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, likely more in other states.
Never been through one, been close when the sirens went off while in a truck stop at night, scary.

3 dead, some missing in Sullivan after tornado

View attachment 771947
WTHR
https://www.wthr.com › weather › severe-weather › 3-...
2 hours ago — 3 dead, some missing in Sullivan after tornado ... Sullivan County officials have declared a State of Emergency for areas affected by the tornado.

A dangerous storm system moved through central Indiana on Friday night, bringing dangerous wind gusts, hail and tornadoes. At least three people died in Sullivan County after the storms in Indiana.
Severe weather is out of the forecast today but strong wind gusts will continue. A High Wind Warning will be in effect throughout the state through 6 p.m. for 50-60 mph wind gusts possible.
3 tornado experiences in my life.
First was in 1987, when I stood on my front yard and watched an F3 tornado about 2 miles from our house.
Second was in 1994, my first wife and my 2 kids went through, luckily, an F1 or 2 tornado that shifted our house from it's foundation while we were in it... yeah.. terrifying doesn't cut it.
Third was in 2018 when Bonzi and I stood on our front porch and watched an F3 go by about 3 miles from our house.

First was in 1987, when I stood on my front yard and watched an F3 tornado about 2 miles from our house.
Second was in 1994, my first wife and my 2 kids went through, luckily, an F1 or 2 tornado that shifted our house from it's foundation while we were in it... yeah.. terrifying doesn't cut it.
Third was in 2018 when Bonzi and I stood on our front porch and watched an F3 go by about 3 miles from our house.
Living near greenup or effingham in the middle of open flat lands makes you much more vulnerable to extreme temperature fluctuations and wind damage.

The closest ever was on in OK when headed to Chicago, out of OKC, on I-44, saw it in the cornfield, then cross over the highway.

Well, I never knew the tornadoes devastating effect as far as F category went, or maybe heard about it days/weeks later as I would be in another state or several, by then, scary nonetheless.

Forum List

Back