Suicide by Fossil Fuels

More of them should join the cult.

Tell us first, in case we want to bring marshmallows.

I though it was very sad. Nobody drank enough beer to piss on him to put the fire out.

That's why I always keep a six-pack in the trunk, just in case.

He was gay and that’s all you need to know. Homosexuals are far more likely to suffer from depression and commit suicide at a far higher rate than the general population.

Me thinks there was something more to his motives than climate change... say some underlying medical or mental issue...

David Buckel set himself on fire so everybody would know the dangers of fossil fuels. Is this the honorable death he was hoping for?

"I just killed myself by fire as a protest suicide. I apologize to you for the mess.

My early death by fossil fuel reflects what we are doing to ourselves,” he wrote. “A lifetime of service may best be preserved by giving a life ... Honorable purpose in life invites honorable purchase in death...I hope it is an honorable death that might serve others."

https://nypost.com/2018/04/14/activist-lawyer-burned-himself-to-death-to-protest-global-warming/
I just read about that. I have no idea how to respond, it seems totally pointless. Those that that agree with Mr. Buckel don't need people hurting themselves, and those that disagree will just find this the actions of a lunatic. It doesn't help anyone, and it wasn't necessary. It was sad and pointless...

Forum List

Back