Suddenly there are talks of another stimulus. Wonder why? Look inside...

Lets re-cap the conversation.

We got 2 people in this country with a combined wealth of 80 billion dollars. That's 2 people.

What business is it of yours?

When 2 people have $80B they can crush your little $3M company in an instant.

A smart business plan for a start up is NOT to compete with the larger companies

And there we go. My point was that there would be less competition when 2 people dominate, and you said that new companies shouldn't even attempt to compete!

So, since you agree there would be less competition, and you actually want less competition, how does less competition help us as a country?

So to benefiet the economy we ought to break up every company over, what? $1B, 100M? You tell me.

You studied economics by looking up the word in the dictionary. You clearly know nothing about it.

Not sure where the link takes us...
but here is where you got it:

heh heh You are losing it. I provided a definition, that's all. I have no idea what site you are trying to link to.

lol...you provided a googled definition.

An oligopoly is not a NEGATIVE thing....you just gavce the first sentence of a definition...but anyone who knows economics would NEVER define it strictly as that as it sounds like a BAD thing..

You MUST add in how the anchors set the climate....do the grunt work....spend the big bucks informing the public of the product.....set the prices for the vendors that cater to the industry....

you did not give the definition of an oligopoly...you saw the first line of the definition...but it is so much more.

If you studies economics, you NEVER would have been satisfied with that one line of a definition.

It is like defining a car as "a vehicle with 4 wheels"

How do you not know about pure competition and how it works?
And why are you refusing to acknowledge economies of scale and barriers to entry even exist?

Two people owning $80B is not good because they can squash competition and keep smaller firms out of a market. They can do this, even if you ignore that reality. This hinders competition, which you agree with, encourage and refuse to explain how it would help the country.

Yes, obviously, all those smaller firms could look elsewhere for market share or could ride the coat tails of the bigger firms. No one is saying otherwise. But they will never BE the bigger firms. Do you honestly think Wal-Mart would allow a start up to grow and compete on their level? You're a fool if you think that will happen.

So I will ask again, how is LESS competition, which you are in favour of, a good thing for this country?

So to benefiet the economy we ought to break up every company over, what? $1B, 100M? You tell me.

Never said that. Never even suggested it.

But to ignore the reality that mega corps have an advantage over small businesses, and can squash competition, is just choosing to be blind to the reality of the world.

you did not give the definition of an oligopoly...you saw the first line of the definition

Note to self: when providing a brief definition of a word for people reading a thread who might not know the word, add a 2,000 word essay fully exploring the word in all its detail in case Jarhead happens to read the thread.

Never said that. Never even suggested it.

But to ignore the reality that mega corps have an advantage over small businesses, and can squash competition, is just choosing to be blind to the reality of the world.

So what's the problem with 2 people having $80B?

Every Economist worth a damn agrees that the first stimulus was too small.

Fucking Krugman ain't worth a damn - he is a mindless fool who's Keynsesian bullshit failed in the fire.

ONE mindless moron, Krugman; says the stimulus was too small.

{Now, in postings Tuesday to the Times’ web-log for new “public editor” Barney Calame, Okrent unloaded on Krugman with both barrels. Krugman wanted examples? Okrent has examples. Lots of examples. Employment statistics. Social Security benefits. Federal deficits. Taxes. To readers of the Krugman Truth Squad column, none of Okrent’s examples of Krugman’s sleaze economics will be new. They aren’t even close to the most damning ones he could have used, and Okrent’s a little over his head on some of the technical details. But trust me, you’ll still take delight in the fact that Okrent is up off his knees at last –finally acting like a real “public editor,” and very aggressively calling Krugman’s spade a spade.}

Krugman Smackdown! - Donald Luskin - National Review Online

ROFL

Fucking clown Krugman... Pariah among legitimate economists.

The only Economists against the Stimulus were on the payroll for the GOP. It is Econ 101 that if the economy goes into recession, and output drops (in this case by about $2T) then SOMEONE needs to inject $2T into the economy to get it going again.

Yep, that's econ 101.

It one makes it up to econ 307, you know, past the freshman pablum, they find out Keynes is proven wrong, the multiplier fails and "borrow and spend" stimulus package have no last benefit to an economy.

It's good to learn ABOUT Keynes, and how Keynesian theory exasperated the Great Depression. Then it's good to grow up.

If there is another stimulus package..I hope republicans don't touch it.

It should go to infrastructure repair, upgrading the energy sector and building high speed rail. Not tax cuts.

Ohhh, High speed rail - brilliant shallow!

People will line up to pay more to get there slower.....

Fuck but you leftists are stupid - I mean retarded....

It's good to learn ABOUT Keynes, and how Keynesian theory exasperated the Great Depression.

Uhm, what? We got out of the Great Depression by implementing massive borrowing and spending on production jobs. Perhaps you heard of this? It was called WW2.

WW 2 wasn't until 1941. The economy was recovering prior to that, due to orders from Europe.
You really don't know much, do you?

you did not give the definition of an oligopoly...you saw the first line of the definition

Note to self: when providing a brief definition of a word for people reading a thread who might not know the word, add a 2,000 word essay fully exploring the word in all its detail in case Jarhead happens to read the thread.

No sir...

When you give a definition of an automobile dont simply say:

"a vehicle that exudes toxic fumes"

Your definition of an oligopoly was not the full definition of an oligopoly...it does not require a 2000 word essay to define it...

Here...try this...

An oligopoly is an industry comprised of a few major players as well as a multitude of smaller players where the smaller players feed off the success of the larger players as the smaller players save on branding costs, marketing costs and overpricing by the vendors to the industry.

Your defiition did noit defrine an oligopoly. You took the lazy mans way out and googled the word but did not bother to read what an oligopoly does.

You are a charleton.

You do not know economics.

Forum List

Back