Subject: 545 People

well why don't you think outside that little box....you can vote out your incumbent democrat and vote in a new democrat, you don't have to put a repub or another party in place. Man you gotta stop playing checkers, life is a game of chess.

I still have trouble getting past your ignorance about the tea parties. I'm actually a little jealous of it as ignorance is bliss.

That sounds like a great idea, in fact it sounds like what I did in the last election. It was only for the House seat, but hey it's a start.

As far as the Tea Parties go though... OK, I'll bite, why don't you explain to us the three most important ideas that the Tea Partiers have to get our nation back on track.

And when I say that, I mean real, new ideas that are not in any way affiliated with the Republican party.

And hidden criticisms of other parties, like "Reasserting Constitutional Law" (which is basically just a talking point insulting other people) don't count as "New, real ideas".

1) Reduce not increase the role of government
2) Bring the deficit under control and reduce it through spending cuts
3) Revitalize the economy/employment by giving tax breaks to individuals and small businesses instead of giving bailouts to multi-million and multi-billion dollar corporations like the auto and banking industry

The republican party went for the bailouts and tarp (bush WAS president, McCain their candidate voted for it)
The republican party has been increasing the role of government (Medicare part d, patriot act)
The Republican party increased overall spending and spending as a percent of GDP during bush's 8 years and also increased the deficit, not reduced it.

So you can see the republican's behavior when they had the house and senate and even now that they are totally out of power have not been in line with those 3 ideas i put up. They may talk the talk but they walk the progressive walk

Hopefully, we will find some fiscal conservatives with some backbone to straighten this whole mess out. Just haven't a clue who yet.

You even say GROUPS right there in the quote so dont try to play off your mischaracterization as a "It was only about pale rider" thing.

I never said it was only a Pale Rider thing. Several others on this board have stated similar statements. Meanwhile, people like you must seemingly don't disapprove since you do not discourage such hateful and violent rhetoric.

You keep attacking me, yet I see you offer no criticism for the people willing to kill anyone who stands in their way in their vision of "liberty."

Last edited:
Hopefully, we will find some fiscal conservatives with some backbone to straighten this whole mess out. Just haven't a clue who yet.

dunno if you mean republicans by 'we'... well, wouldnt really matter. but was mitt romney a big spenda? i thought he was the best thing going for the GOP. would have never allowed that clown palin to have his back, and wasnt trying to campaign, rather trying to put some good government into place.

bazaar. i see people seriously talking about that jester palin in 2012, for CHIEF, and all this start-a-new-party angst, but its romney who's sitting reagan-'76 right now if anyone.

intentionally mischaracterizing those you feel opposed to check

sorry dog but thats my interpretation of your post. Well other than lose at the voting booth, they did a good job of that in 2008.

Intentionally mischaracterizing?

Pale Rider is a Birther who is calling for a revolution, peaceful or otherwise.

Why are you playing dumb to the call for violence? Because Pale is a Republican? :eusa_eh:

One way or the other, peacefully or otherwise, I'm ready to take my country back from these 545 rejects that have fucked it up almost beyond recognition.

Do not talk about what you do not know Pilgrim.

Above you say i was wrong because it was about pale rider....below you say it wasn't about pale rider only thing.

Which is it...are you characterizing/mischaracterizing a group of people or just a single person?

You even say GROUPS right there in the quote so dont try to play off your mischaracterization as a "It was only about pale rider" thing.

I never said it was only a Pale Rider thing. Several others on this board have stated similar statements. Meanwhile, people like you must seemingly don't disapprove since you do not discourage such hateful and violent rhetoric.

You keep attacking me, yet I see you offer no criticism for the people willing to kill anyone who stands in their way in their vision of "liberty."

If you dont want me to comment don't make innacurate blanket statements lumping a bunch of people into one group like you did below

dogbert said:
Lose in the realm of Public Opinion? Check

Lose in the Courtroom with bullshit lawsuits (Birthers)? Check

Groups to protest "taxes" while the majority of people's taxes have gone down and have underlining tones of violence? Check

Lose at the voting booth? Check

So what's left? A "Revolution" of course. Because we all know when you lose in every single possible way, people are just begging for a Revolution. Got to still love the little tidbit about being so willing to kill though. See yourself as a modern day Robert E. Lee Pale?

With all that being said I do admit to being a little "rough" with you in the last 2 days and for that I apologize. But since I believe in actions not words I will try and make a concerted effort to buffer that behavior.

dunno if you mean republicans by 'we'... well, wouldnt really matter. but was mitt romney a big spenda? i thought he was the best thing going for the GOP. would have never allowed that clown palin to have his back, and wasnt trying to campaign, rather trying to put some good government into place.

bazaar. i see people seriously talking about that jester palin in 2012, for CHIEF, and all this start-a-new-party angst, but its romney who's sitting reagan-'76 right now if anyone.

By we I actually was thinking we the USA. I don't care which label they are wearing.

With all that being said I do admit to being a little "rough" with you in the last 2 days and for that I apologize. But since I believe in actions not words I will try and make a concerted effort to buffer that behavior.

I was saying both. Nobody on the right was criticizing Pale for his violent rhetoric. I also then made a different statement on a similar topic for in general.

1) Reduce not increase the role of government

That's not a plan, it's a talking point. What specifically will be reduced? Congress? The Executive Branch? What form will these reductions take?

Will the "moral" role of government be reduced, like regulating abortion, or Gay Marriage?

If the Tea Party's corporate sponsors have anything to say about it, I think I know exactly what for they will take:

To gut Regulatory agencies that do pesky things like limit the ability of corporations to hurt people.

2) Bring the deficit under control and reduce it through spending cuts

This is another talking point, because the general term "spending cuts" is used.

What, specifically will you be cutting?

The 4 largest outlays of money right now are the military, Social Security, Medicare and interest on the debt. They make up about 90% of the budget

Which one of those will you be cutting?

3) Revitalize the economy/employment by giving tax breaks to individuals and small businesses instead of giving bailouts to multi-million and multi-billion dollar corporations like the auto and banking industry

Tax Breaks. LOL. This is the biggest empty talking point of all.

We have a 12 Trillion dollar debt and you want to give MORE tax breaks.

See, as I mentioned before, the Laffer Curve, which is a formula used to figure out the effectiveness of tax breaks on revenue, dictates that too low of a tax rate is as bad as too high a tax rate for revenue flow. It also states that the prime amount one can lower the tax rate to is related to GDP.

In other words, WE CANNOT LOWER THE TAX RATE ANYMORE WITHOUT DRIVING OURSELVES FURTHER INTO DEBT. It is no longer productive to lower taxes. In fact Bush lowered them too far, which is part of the reason for his massive deficits.

And you can be damn sure that Arthur Laffer is not a Left-winger.

The republican party went for the bailouts and tarp (bush WAS president, McCain their candidate voted for it)
The republican party has been increasing the role of government (Medicare part d, patriot act)
The Republican party increased overall spending and spending as a percent of GDP during bush's 8 years and also increased the deficit, not reduced it.

So you can see the republican's behavior when they had the house and senate and even now that they are totally out of power have not been in line with those 3 ideas i put up. They may talk the talk but they walk the progressive walk

That's all true, but the Republicans run on a platform of Small Government and less spending, and then they turn around and do the opposite. And most of the people who show up and speak at your Tea Party events ARE REPUBLICANS.

Last edited:
as far as the tea parties go though... Ok, i'll bite, why don't you explain to us the three most important ideas that the tea partiers have to get our nation back on track.

are you serious? I mean are you really serious? Ok... How about this... Screw the three most important, i'll just give you the number one most important...

stop spending!!!

what spending, specifically???

For instance, if I was in charge, and given unlimited power, here's what I'd do:

1. Cut military spending in half, especially for large, Cold War era programs.

2. Raise the retirement age for Social Security to 75.

This would make the program solvent again, and reduce outlays for quite some time. Since people are living much longer, healthier lives, this makes perfect sense. And before people go complaining, one must remember that the average age of death in this country is 75, but once you take out all the early life deaths, it's actually in the mid 80's.

3. Change the Capital Gains tax laws to be graduated, based on the percentage of workers the corporation you invest in has, that are based in the US.

A company with 100% of it's workforce based in the US would have a 15% tax rate on investor profits, while a company with 10% of it's workforce in the US would have a 30% tax rate on investor profits.

This would not only increase tax revenue, but would strongly encourage investment in US companies, creating jobs, further increasing revenue.

You see how those are specific plans, not vague rhetoric?

Last edited:
Oh, I'd also legalize Marijuana and tax the hell out of it.

I don't really enjoy smoking the stuff myself, it pretty much just puts me to sleep, so I don't bother with it.

But since it is MUCH safer than alcohol, if we're going to have alcohol legal and taxable, we might as well do the same with pot.

By we I actually was thinking we the USA. I don't care which label they are wearing.

any thoughts on romney, then? this guys name must be invisible.

i pay attention to the labels because thats how politics is set up. the organization behind the politician is the one with the hand up his ass making him do the dance he'll do to get elected.

Oh, and finally, I'd do away with the electoral college, and make Senate representation based on population.

One Person, One Vote.

But the question isn't aboutu what I'd do, it was what would the "Tea Partiers" do...

That is, other than throw out vague talking points.

People like you will be the ones under your trailers cowering like scared little rabbits when and if a revolution ever does take place. Me, I'll be right up front. Will I die? I don't care. What a great cause to die for... LIBERTY!

Will a revolution of the violent sort ever take place? Hard to say.

A revolution over what though exactly? Have your taxes gone up? Have you lost any civil liberties? Please, do tell.
Hey, if he wants to die for his cause don't discourage him.

Oh don't worry your little self... I'm a veteran, trained in warfare... I'll take quite a few of your type before they get me. That is IF they get me.

A war wouldn't last long. The conservatives would obtain their objective in a very short time.... days.

I was saying both. Nobody on the right was criticizing Pale for his violent rhetoric. I also then made a different statement on a similar topic for in general.

Gee little doggy... is the big bad Pale Rider skeeering the puppy saying there could be another revolution?

I'm sorry little guy... I didn't know you were so sensitive... you ARE a liberal aren't you... :lol:

Oh don't worry your little self... I'm a veteran, trained in warfare... I'll take quite a few of your type before they get me. That is IF they get me.

A war wouldn't last long. The conservatives would obtain their objective in a very short time.... days.

I would find this hilarious because of how ridiculous it was if you weren't serious.

So Rambo, which place you taking first? And how are the "Conservatives" going to obtain their objective? Kill a bunch of women and children to get the men to lay down their arms?

Do tell.

Gee little doggy... is the big bad Pale Rider skeeering the puppy saying there could be another revolution?

I'm sorry little guy... I didn't know you were so sensitive... you ARE a liberal aren't you... :lol:

You don't scare me Pale. However, your mental health leaves much to be desired.

Last edited:
as far as the tea parties go though... Ok, i'll bite, why don't you explain to us the three most important ideas that the tea partiers have to get our nation back on track.

are you serious? I mean are you really serious? Ok... How about this... Screw the three most important, i'll just give you the number one most important...

stop spending!!!

what spending, specifically???

ALL of it that is in the RED! Stop BORROWING money. Pass a BALANCED BUDGET AMENDMENT. AUDIT THE FED. Abolish the IRS and enact a Fair Tax. End all foreign occupations. Either fight a war like we're there to WIN IT, or GET THE HELL OUT! DRILL BABY DRILL.

If we did that our financial problems would be over.

ALL of it that is in the RED! Stop BORROWING money. Pass a BALANCED BUDGET AMENDMENT. AUDIT THE FED. Abolish the IRS and enact a Fair Tax. End all foreign occupations. Either fight a war like we're there to WIN IT, or GET THE HELL OUT! DRILL BABY DRILL.

If we did that our financial problems would be over.

Audit the Fed? How is putting the Federal Reserve in control of Congress who supposedly can't even balance a budget going to end our financial problems?

The major problem with the Fair Tax is that the burden on the already collapsing Middle Class would be far worse.

And if you want to fix our financial problems, I don't see where "fighting a war like we're there to WIN IT" is going to help unburden our crisis. Though on the similar note, you must of not had listened to more than a few of the major generals talk about how the term "victory" can not be applied to Iraq or really Afghanistan due to the situation.

A revolution over what though exactly? Have your taxes gone up? Have you lost any civil liberties? Please, do tell.
Hey, if he wants to die for his cause don't discourage him.

Go for it...you've proven to us all what a big bad fucktard you are...those bullets aren't going to fly on their own.

Forum List

Back