Stupid laws ruin lives

Laws don't happen in a vacuum. We let them happen and then we complain about it. No surprises. The funny thing is that apparently they are allowed to sell helium balloons but it becomes a crime when you let go of the string. I wonder if any "real" crimes happened in the area while the Trooper was busy with the balloon crime spree.

I don't let them happen.

Go soak your head in urine and tell me how it feels.
:lol:

When you provide the exact charge together with the statute which this man is accused of violating then we can have a more accurate discussion.

You are the one that brought up mens rae after you said he should have know, yet you can't explain why you hold two opposing points of view about the same law.

He should get hit with an administrative fine for the infraction, not be charged criminally. I guess you are not pissed off anymore. Do you have the actual charges and statute? I could not find it.

:lol:

When you provide the exact charge together with the statute which this man is accused of violating then we can have a more accurate discussion.

You are the one that brought up mens rae after you said he should have know, yet you can't explain why you hold two opposing points of view about the same law.

He should get hit with an administrative fine for the infraction, not be charged criminally. I guess you are not pissed off anymore. Do you have the actual charges and statute? I could not find it.

When was I ever pissed off? I said the law is stupid, and still think it is stupid.

When was I ever pissed off? I said the law is stupid, and still think it is stupid.

When you told me to soak my head in urine.

The criminal aspect is ridiculous. It should merely be an administrative fine, even a hefty one depending on the facts.

I think I will drink a beer for both of you because if we were all in a tavern having this same conversation we would be laughing and shooting pool while we argued back and forth :)

The criminal aspect is ridiculous. It should merely be an administrative fine, even a hefty one depending on the facts.

I told you to soak your had to get your attention, there are plenty of laws that are being written now that specifically remove the need from mens rae in order to make it simpler to prosecute corporations for the wrongdoing of their employees. That actually makes sense, if we ignore the consequences of these laws being applied to individuals, which is stupid.

As I was going home last night, I saw these two Alhambra cops. Two police cars. Two cops. They had these two, young, male Hispanics sitting on the curb, right next to the navel oranges they were selling by the bag from the curb next to an Alhambra intersection. I am assuming they were busting these two kids for selling oranges without a city license.

OK - yes, probably a violation of the law. But let's step back a bit and take a look at what's really going on here. In an economy that sucks, here we have two young men who are fucking WORKING. They aren't out chasing skirts, doing drugs, getting drunk, collecting welfare. They are WORKING. Just like the dozen or so Hispanic guys you always see hanging around the parking lot at Home Depot, looking for any WORK they can get. You know - the same guys the cops love to roust to see if they can find something toi bring them in on? Would there were more like these guys - the WORKERS, not the cops.

Hey - cops? Go fuck yourselves and the horses you rode in on.

Last edited:

I told you to soak your had to get your attention, there are plenty of laws that are being written now that specifically remove the need from mens rae in order to make it simpler to prosecute corporations for the wrongdoing of their employees. That actually makes sense, if we ignore the consequences of these laws being applied to individuals, which is stupid.

You had my attention to begin with.

To apply a criminal penalty for this offense is wrong IMO. There should be a graduated system by which to punish the offenders, a class of infractions should be a crime, others merely an administrative infraction. In any event the LEO used poor judgment and the jerk who let the balloons go should have realized he was littering if nothing else. I still say he is a cheap bastard and should have taken his lady friend out for dinner and a show.

Come to think of it, his GF may have called the cops in retaliation because he was such a cheap bastard...:lol:

Forum List

Back