Study: Free birth control leads to fewer abortions; Romney wants to cut access.

... with every generation.

Now the RW has come up with the perfect recipe for making the movie "Idiocracy" a reality sooner, rather than later:

First, make sure that only rich and/or intelligent women can afford birth control and consider it important enough to purchase.

That will insure that most babies are born of poor and stupid women into poor and uneducated households.

Second, make sure that abortion is 100% illegal. That will ensure that stupid women who might have money to afford abortions of their unwanted pregnancies are forced nevertheless to bear their children.

The result, after a few generations of politicized "natural" selection for stupidity and poverty?

Well, you can figure that out. :cool:

-- Paravani

I don't know if I'd agree with that. I've met some really brilliant poor people, and some really stupid rich people.

In fact, if Rich people were all that, we wouldn't be in the mess we are today as a country.

I think we are getting dumber in each generation, but that's largely because the technology allows us to be dumber. Most of these kids don't know how to research something in a library, because they've grown up with Google.

once again for the terminally stupid...

The rate of unintended pregnancies has gone UP, not DOWN, since the legalization of abortion and the increased availability of birth control for the masses.

UP. Not DOWN.

So please quit pretending that it's the exact opposite.

Once again showing that abstenence education is not working

The rate of unintended pregnancies has gone UP, not DOWN, since the legalization of abortion and the increased availability of birth control for the masses.

UP. Not DOWN.

Of course abstinence education isn't working. There are no penalties. Girls no longer really care, they can get an abortion, they can get money from the government. Nothing bad will happen to them.

The rate of unintended pregnancies has gone up not because abortion is legal, but because it doesn't matter, no one cares. Get pregnant, don't get pregnant, it has the same meaning as breaking a nail. Maybe not quite as serious an issue as breaking a nail.

UP. Not DOWN.

Demonstrate "availability."

It's my personal opinion that the average intelligence of Americans is dropping with every generation.

Now the RW has come up with the perfect recipe for making the movie "Idiocracy" a reality sooner, rather than later:

First, make sure that only rich and/or intelligent women can afford birth control and consider it important enough to purchase.

That will insure that most babies are born of poor and stupid women into poor and uneducated households.

Second, make sure that abortion is 100% illegal. That will ensure that stupid women who might have money to afford abortions of their unwanted pregnancies are forced nevertheless to bear their children.

The result, after a few generations of politicized "natural" selection for stupidity and poverty?

Well, you can figure that out. :cool:

-- Paravani
Why not be honest and call for the government to sterilize everyone who you disapprove of?

Why don't I? Because I don't think that the government is smart enough to figure out what "intelligence" really is. You can't really test for it, did you know that? All you can test for is "cognitive" intelligence; but that's only a small portion of the type of intelligence we need as a nation and as a world.

So, besides mandatory sterilization, can you think of other ways to combat the trend of decreasing intelligence?

I don't know if I'd agree with that. I've met some really brilliant poor people, and some really stupid rich people.

In fact, if Rich people were all that, we wouldn't be in the mess we are today as a country.

I think we are getting dumber in each generation, but that's largely because the technology allows us to be dumber. Most of these kids don't know how to research something in a library, because they've grown up with Google.

Yes, I agree with what you're saying. Money is in no way a measure of intelligence -- just look at GW! He's living proof that your daddy might be able to buy you a college degree, but he can't buy you the intelligence that normally goes with one.

We definitely ARE getting dumber, not smarter, with each generation; and you're right, it's in large part due to civilization making it easier for everyone to survive. Well, that's the whole point of civilization -- to make survival easier! -- but that raison d'etre (reason to be) can also lead to the downfall of civilization, if a civilized people become too stupid to maintain the civilization.

Civilizations have been built in the past, and every one of them before the current one has fallen. We will be next if we don't control our population quickly in such a way as to allow and encourage the most intelligent to survive.

The problem, you see, is two-fold:

First, how does one define "intelligence"? What are we talking about, exactly, when we say we need to increase "intelligence"?

Second, how do we encourage the survival of intelligence and the extinction of stupidity? Not guarantee, mind you -- but at least encourage? How do we encourage stupid people to take themselves out of the gene pool?

-- Paravani

Last edited:

UP. Not DOWN.

Of course abstinence education isn't working. There are no penalties. Girls no longer really care, they can get an abortion, they can get money from the government. Nothing bad will happen to them.

The rate of unintended pregnancies has gone up not because abortion is legal, but because it doesn't matter, no one cares. Get pregnant, don't get pregnant, it has the same meaning as breaking a nail. Maybe not quite as serious an issue as breaking a nail.

Amen Katz... this is what happens when you eliminate personal responsibility. It's the same kind of disaster/failure we see from eliminating losers. When "everyone" is a winner (and we make sure banks and GM don't fail), then there is no incentive to make an effort.

It's astounding how stupid the dumbocrats are. They care collapsing civilization in every capacity.

We need clearer thinking on this issue:

Amen Katz... this is what happens when you eliminate personal responsibility. It's the same kind of disaster/failure we see from eliminating losers. When "everyone" is a winner (and we make sure banks and GM don't fail), then there is no incentive to make an effort.

It's astounding how stupid the dumbocrats are. They are collapsing civilization in every capacity.

The "dumbocrats" aren't the ones pushing to force stupid women and "girls who don't care" to bear their stupid children and drag the average intelligence of all of us into the gutter.

Frankly, if you're really concerned about the collapse of civilization, I would think you'd be concerned that stupid women who get knocked up when they don't even want a baby are having those babies anyway in states that have outlawed abortion.

Stupid moms usually have stupid kids -- that's natural selection at work.

Stupid women have more unplanned pregnancies than smart women -- that's just common sense.

So, if you make birth control expensive and/or hard to get, only smart women who plan ahead will value it enough to go to the trouble and expense to obtain it. Especially if you eliminate funding for agencies like Planned Parenthood, which has long given free or low-cost birth control and pelvic exams to poor women.

If you compound that mistake by eliminating the option of abortion, then you have effectively mandated that all poor, stupid women must have babies they don't want.

I'd have a tough time thinking up any more effective way than that to bring about a stupid population.

What do you say we reverse the trend of making more stupid babies? How about we think about ways to make smart ones, instead?

-- Paravani

Last edited:
Smart women are not wanted!

Dumb women are easier to control. Smart women tend to think for themselves. It is easier to control people that don't think for themselves!

Get with the program. As a leader of people, which do you want--people that question everything including your leadership, or people that follow blindly. The blindly following fools, of course!!

Smart women are not wanted!

Dumb women are easier to control. Smart women tend to think for themselves. It is easier to control people that don't think for themselves!

Get with the program. As a leader of people, which do you want--people that question everything including your leadership, or people that follow blindly. The blindly following fools, of course!!

Here, try this on for size:

Smart people are not wanted!

Dumb people are easier to control. Smart people tend to think for themselves. It is easier to control people that don't think for themselves!

Because of course stupid women don't just have stupid girl babies. Their boy babies tend to come out really stupid, too.

-- Paravani

Why not be honest and call for the government to sterilize everyone who you disapprove of?

Why don't I? Because I don't think that the government is smart enough to figure out what "intelligence" really is. You can't really test for it, did you know that? All you can test for is "cognitive" intelligence; but that's only a small portion of the type of intelligence we need as a nation and as a world.

So, besides mandatory sterilization, can you think of other ways to combat the trend of decreasing intelligence?

Evolution.

Why should anything bad happen to them?

Do you want to go back to painting Scarlet "A"'s on the them?

It appears progressives think there's a stigma associated with unplanned pregnancy. They seem to believe that if one has one, one must become an object of disdain.

If that's what it takes. Social ostracisim is vastly underutilized.

When you get into generational poverty and welfare, girls consider having a baby the method whereby she gets to move out of her mother's home and into her own home. She is now eligible for her own Section 8. A baby serves the same function as the all important first career move. Then she can have abortions as her family planning until she wants to get a salary increase.

If that's what it takes. Social ostracisim is vastly underutilized.

When you get into generational poverty and welfare, girls consider having a baby the method whereby she gets to move out of her mother's home and into her own home. She is now eligible for her own Section 8. A baby serves the same function as the all important first career move. Then she can have abortions as her family planning until she wants to get a salary increase.

Yup... welfare queens rule the world. only in your vivid imagination.

You come off as a party hack who is frustrated by Obama being ahead in the polls

The only thing that frustrates me is listening to ignorant people like you and JoeB. spout pure bullshit all day.

I've fucking DESTROYED JoeB. all day today - showed how is own arguments contradict themselves. Yet both of you sit here back pedaling and trying to convince everyone you actually have some kind of point :rofl:

Case in point - here you sit claiming "Obama is ahead in the polls" when he took a legendary ass kicking in November 2010, gave rise to the Tea Party because of his radical marxism, and got humiliated in the most important presidential debate in US history. He's behind in EVERY poll that isn't part of the left-wing propaganda campaign and you know it. Yet here you sit with your bullshit trying to get a rise out of people by claiming things you know to be blatantly false. Just like JoeB. and his claim that Fidel Castro's acknowledgement that centralized planning is an epic failure doesn't mean anything.

funnier now than ever

You come off as a party hack who is frustrated by Obama being ahead in the polls

The only thing that frustrates me is listening to ignorant people like you and JoeB. spout pure bullshit all day.

I've fucking DESTROYED JoeB. all day today - showed how is own arguments contradict themselves. Yet both of you sit here back pedaling and trying to convince everyone you actually have some kind of point :rofl:

Case in point - here you sit claiming "Obama is ahead in the polls" when he took a legendary ass kicking in November 2010, gave rise to the Tea Party because of his radical marxism, and got humiliated in the most important presidential debate in US history. He's behind in EVERY poll that isn't part of the left-wing propaganda campaign and you know it. Yet here you sit with your bullshit trying to get a rise out of people by claiming things you know to be blatantly false. Just like JoeB. and his claim that Fidel Castro's acknowledgement that centralized planning is an epic failure doesn't mean anything.

funnier now than ever

You're a sadist, man.

Forum List

Back