Students told to write about "African ANIMALS" for their Black History Month assignment

It IS unbelievable how insensitive some people still are in 2020.

Any teacher with a modicum of sense would NEVER give such an assignment.

As another poster pointed out, Black History Month is to celebrate the contributions of African Americans to this country.

It seems to me that it's time for a workshop where teachers at that school are taught to refrain from any lessons that may be misinterpreted.

Their major contribution is crime.
Workshops on that would be good I guess.

I don’t think black history month needs to be hyper focused on racism.

True. Indeed.

But stay keen, to moments when racists are stealthily using their Racism, to pretend, to be celebrating Black Americans who the month is created to honor.

Studying and celebrating ancestry, history, heritage and culture are all parts of it as well, if it is American. That includes American's African roots re: history, foods, music, but no, I do not see how any animals are created by American negros' roots in Africa.

I don’t think black history month needs to be hyper focused on racism.

True. Indeed.

But stay keen, to moments when racists are stealthily using their Racism, to pretend, to be celebrating Black Americans who the month is created to honor.

Studying and celebrating ancestry, history, heritage and culture are all parts of it as well, if it is American. That includes American's African roots re: history, foods, music, but no, I do not see how any animals are created by American negros' roots in Africa.
Animals aren’t created but they are a relevant and fascinating part of African culture. Some of the most beautiful and most exotic animals in the world can be found there. A main attraction of Africa are their Safaris. That’s all good and positive. I’m not saying the entire month should be dedicated to the Zebras but having a look and study of it isn’t the end of the world and it certainly isn’t racist. That’s a far far too loose use of that word.

Animals aren’t created but they are a relevant and fascinating part of African culture. Some of the most beautiful and most exotic animals in the world can be found there. A main attraction of Africa are their Safaris. That’s all good and positive. I’m not saying the entire month should be dedicated to the Zebras but having a look and study of it isn’t the end of the world and it certainly isn’t racist. That’s a far far too loose use of that word.

lol

Black History Month is a USA celebration.

Pit Bulls.

Good point, I guess. Why do African American dog owners love pit bulls so much? Why do black drinkers prefer malt liquor over beer? Why do black smokers love newports above all other smokes?

Next time I see a black guy on the street corner with his dog, drinking a Schlitz Malt Liquor and smoking a cigarette, I'll be sure to ask him
I live in a middle class black ‘hood. I don’t see so much of the malt liquor or Newport’s.
I see Pit Bulls, large SUV’s backed into parking spaces and small talk always involves ‘no problem’ instead of ‘you’re welcome’.

Their major contribution is crime...

although not as, major, as Caucasians contribution:

Table 43

Table 43

Ha!
No.

Those tumultuous tables there, tell the treacherous truth!

They are 100% ers.
15% of the population
85% of the violent crime

Both charts both years, each, assigned 58% of all violent crime to the Caucasoid criminals.

Can there be no other subject mentioned during black history month? The world does not stop for blacks. July 17, is National Hot Dog Day. Is it disrespectful to eat a pork chop?

Africa has very majestic animals. Children are capable of hearing about those animals during Black Tantrum Month.

lol

Black History Month is a USA celebration.
understood. My point still stands. It can be an American celebration and still acknowledge the historic roots and ancestry of a people. Including some African study’s with black history isn’t a racist thing. It’s a misuse of the word

And...of course, blacks had a hissy because they immediately took it to be personal and a racist action by the teacher instead of THINKING with their pea brains that african animals are.....drumroll....in africa. Elephants, giraffes, lions, etc.

Dumbfucks.

Their major contribution is crime...

although not as, major, as Caucasians contribution:

Table 43

Table 43

Ha!
No.

Those tumultuous tables there, tell the treacherous truth!

They are 100% ers.
15% of the population
85% of the violent crime

Both charts both years, each, assigned 58% of all violent crime to the Caucasoid criminals.

Math is hard, yes?

Can there be no other subject mentioned during black history month? The world does not stop for blacks. July 17, is National Hot Dog Day. Is it disrespectful to eat a pork chop?

Africa has very majestic animals. Children are capable of hearing about those animals during Black Tantrum Month.
i can’t believe I’m saying this but I actually agree with crazy cat lady. Well said

And...of course, blacks had a hissy because they immediately took it to be personal and a racist action by the teacher instead of THINKING with their pea brains that african animals are.....drumroll....in africa. Elephants, giraffes, lions, etc.

Dumbfucks.
You're right that using the racist word for this action was short sighted. Now using it to describe your last statement blanket calling out blacks for having a hissy fit and having pea brains... now that might be a valid use for the word.

3pmnxa.gif
Fake. His hand is nowhere near that big.

I guess he is a good biology topic.

Dumbfucks.
You're right that using the racist word for this action was short sighted. Now using it to describe your last statement blanket calling out blacks for having a hissy fit and having pea brains... now that might be a valid use for the word.
Thank IM2. He made me finally see the proverbial light.

Forum List

Back