Students kicked off bus for not speaking English...

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by insein, Jan 10, 2007.

1. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    My question is why is their a bus for ONLY a certain language? Why shouldnt their be simply a school bus that takes kids to school and not base it on the language you speak? Completely retarded.

http://kstptv5.com/article/stories/S21143.html?cat=1

2. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I think this is a media spin and nothing more. Kids could give a damn about who speaks what language they get on fine. Yes English must be spoken in our country but It is a media scam job.

3. trobinett

trobinett Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +162
    Mr. P, any thoughts?

:sad: :evil: :confused:

4. fuzzykitten99

fuzzykitten99 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    You'll have to check the Marauder's Map...
    Ratings:
    +199

Get yor head out of your ass.
    I live in MN, 25 miles North of St Paul. My friend Diana drives a bus for the school these kids go to, and her co-worker is the one who drives that route.

She said that even if these kids did still live in the district, they wouldn't be allowed on the bus service, and would still have to find their own rides.

5. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    Thanks for helping me get my head out of my ass. First hand hear say about the facts. So what is you point? My point is we have issues in our country right now about immigration mostly Hispanics but in your area it is mainly folk from South East Asia! So not only are the law makers jumping around trying to fix or cover this up but we also have a issue about a national language and this fits in perfect with those agendas. Why in gods name don't the local people in your community raise hell with the school district or if these buses are private and make a stand against this crap. This isn't really a issue kids could give a damn about what language other kids speak it is a issue with the parents who are working and the kids not being on the bus after school.

6. fuzzykitten99

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    um, no this is about being discriminated against because they speak English. You are failing to see the big picture. They were all of a sudden kicked off the bus for speaking the language that this entire country was founded on.

Like I said before, even if these kids still lived in the school district, they still would not be allowed on the bus. This has nothing to do with what the kids think.

7. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    And it shouldn't be about the kids. So if it's discrimination then why aren’t the bus drivers boycotting this decision? This is more than making a buck seems to me

And for the record I’m not in any cliche`s on this board and I’ve shown respect and I haven’t told anyone to get there head out of their ass. I don’t think that was called for first off and second don’t ever do that to me again because like I said I don’t randomly go about causing trouble. I merely made a statement and an opinion which as this web site states “where my voice counts” And if the mod’s don’t like it you can freely ban me I don’t really care.

8. fuzzykitten99

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +199
    if my friend were to boycott the decision, she would lose her job, and right now, that would send her and her kids and husband into homelessness because her husband is on disability until mid-summer. She has no choice in this matter, but she doesn't drive that route either. Because her youngest (2yo) is a special needs child, this is the only job that she can take him with her.

The head out of your ass thing was stated because you were not seeing the whole picture and you assumed it was a media thing. Last I heard, the parents were planning a discrimination lawsuit over this.

9. 90K

90K BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +64
    I understand all about economic concerns, it can be either about loyality or survival in which case this person has there hands tied and that is no way to live. Then the next best thing is the families in this community blocking the routes of the non english speakers stops and bring the fight to the right area. Yeah it's easier said than done. My other question are these buses county property or private? Whether they are leased or not I would think that about now the school board members would be having many feet up there asses over this deal. slective government hard at work for it's causes...:rolleyes:

10. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    I have no idea what your point is.

The bottomline is that public school buses funded by the local district should NOT be segregated into any subgroups based on race, religion, language, etc. It should simply be the kids that go to the school, that live in the same area get on the same bus. End of discussion. Because their would be a freaking firestorm if non-english speaking students were not allowed on a bus to school regardless of the policy.