Students and teachers sing about govts new school food regulations.

The free market should tell us how to eat. The food that children eat for lunch at school should not be determined by which options satisfy the criteria of health to the student and low cost to the school - it should instead be determined by whatever makes the most profit for private business interests. For what purpose do our public schools serve if not to get our children hooked on sugary beverages and nutritionless junk food before they're 10? Coca-Cola has to make money somehow, and to suggest that government should place the interest of our nation's school children above those of private profit interests is communism, pure and simple. Anyone who disagrees with me hates 'merica.

....except the government does not place our best interests at the helm. See national debt, massive spending, budget deficit etc but you fall for it every time.
I know - that's what I'm saying. Private businesses cannot run debts that big. That's why they should decide what our children eat in school. Government has no business determining which foods are healthy for kids to eat because that's a matter of opinion and in a free market the most profitable opinions are the best.

All hail Pink Slime!

Go fuck yourself twat. School taxes aren't just federal....EVERYONE IN MY STATE starts paying school taxes at the age of 18....even college students. So shut your ignorant pie hole.

The school lunch programs are federal twat.

otherwise stinky micheelle wouldn't be sticking her nose innit.

Doesn't matter, does it?..you weren't talking about the guidelines...you were....big fucking surprise...talking...AGAIN....about taxpayers.

No Sir, I was talking about the NOT TAXPAYERS.

Go fuck yourself twat. School taxes aren't just federal....EVERYONE IN MY STATE starts paying school taxes at the age of 18....even college students. So shut your ignorant pie hole.

Doesn't matter, does it?..you weren't talking about the guidelines...you were....big fucking surprise...talking...AGAIN....about taxpayers.

so u were wrong and still argue the fact? classy

I see no problem with regulations on what type of food can be sold to the public, and what can be served in schools.

I do however believe a person should be able to grow and consume any food they want on their own property; including marijuana, and excluding heroin, cocaine, etc. These laws forbidding a person from drinking raw milked from their own cows is insane.

But...no problem at all with grocery stores and public schools having regulations on what they can sell.

Authoritarian drivel. The government isn't there to tell us how to eat.

The free market should tell us how to eat. The food that children eat for lunch at school should not be determined by which options satisfy the criteria of health to the student and low cost to the school - it should instead be determined by whatever makes the most profit for private business interests. For what purpose do our public schools serve if not to get our children hooked on sugary beverages and nutritionless junk food before they're 10? Coca-Cola has to make money somehow, and to suggest that government should place the interest of our nation's school children above those of private profit interests is communism, pure and simple. Anyone who disagrees with me hates 'merica.

I have no problem with government setting guidelines. But when those guidelines take choice away from parents, then I have a big fucking problem with it.

I have no problem with government setting guidelines. But when those guidelines take choice away from parents, then I have a big fucking problem with it.

Parents should always get to choose what their kids eat at school. Every day they should send requests for the meals to the school cafeterias, where whatever the parents what the school to make is made expressly for that child. To force them to eat from a limited selection of entrees chosen based on health and cost is just absurd.

Parents should always get to choose what their kids eat at school. Every day they should send requests for the meals to the school cafeterias, where whatever the parents what the school to make is made expressly for that child. To force them to eat from a limited selection of entrees chosen based on health and cost is just absurd.

Spare no expense huh libtard? As long as it's not yo money. :lol::lol::lol:

Exactly...so therefore you fucking wrinkled, dried up propagandist....you lie like a three dollar whore.

Because be it federal, State or local....we all pay school taxes.

so they are cutting calories are they?

funny that.

I was under the impression the whole idea of a "free lunch program" went with the mantra.... its may be their ONLY meal of the day. If that is so.... don't you think that one meal should pack in as many calories as possible?

The off shoot of this will be the free breakfast program (which there are many already) ....and the free dinner program that will be given after the 3 hours of free day care after school.....

Exactly...so therefore you fucking wrinkled, dried up propagandist....you lie like a three dollar whore.

dems very tolerant people. and if you dont agree they'll insult you too.

I dont have a problem with making good nutrition a part of an overall education, especially at a taxpayer funded school.

Nutrition and obesity are huge problems we face. We have to fix it somehow.

You don't have a problem with slavery, what a surprise.

I see no problem with regulations on what type of food can be sold to the public, and what can be served in schools.

I do however believe a person should be able to grow and consume any food they want on their own property; including marijuana, and excluding heroin, cocaine, etc. These laws forbidding a person from drinking raw milked from their own cows is insane.

But...no problem at all with grocery stores and public schools having regulations on what they can sell.

When it's our tax dollars feeding our kids?

You don't like the idea of the schools serving nutritious lunches? Pack your kids' lunches....you can give them all the twinkies and deep fried butter you want.

Your tax dollars shouldn't be feeding those kids unless you live in the school district.

You ain't been around long enough Jr. On this message board, there's very little that isn't allowed.....as part of honoring free speech. Besides....I only give back what I get.

Because that's obviously what I meant.:rolleyes: You don't even know when someone is on your side, do you?

I AGREE WITH GOVERNMENT SETTING NUTRITIONAL GUIDELINES FOR SCHOOLS. However, those guidelines need to be made with the input of doctors and nutritionists, and should never take away a parents choice to send their kid to school with a home made lunch.

Because that's obviously what I meant.:rolleyes: You don't even know when someone is on your side, do you?

I AGREE WITH GOVERNMENT SETTING NUTRITIONAL GUIDELINES FOR SCHOOLS. However, those guidelines need to be made with the input of doctors and nutritionists, and should never take away a parents choice to send their kid to school with a home made lunch.

They are made with the input of doctors and nutritionists, and I don't recall that parents don't have that option.

You ain't been around long enough Jr. On this message board, there's very little that isn't allowed.....as part of honoring free speech. Besides....I only give back what I get.

lame excuse try this be a human being.

When it's our tax dollars feeding our kids?

You don't like the idea of the schools serving nutritious lunches? Pack your kids' lunches....you can give them all the twinkies and deep fried butter you want.

Your tax dollars shouldn't be feeding those kids unless you live in the school district.

Actually, I recall school lunches are FEDERALLY funded.

They are made with the input of doctors and nutritionists, and I don't recall that parents don't have that option.

What gives you the idea that doctors sign off on those menus?

Forum List

Back